GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 78 : London Olympic Time Trials

• Thread starter EDK
  • 234 comments
Man, I finally learned how to break the 14's on the first sector, but then it's like I'm going too fast for the rest of them.:grumpy:

I tried, and I tried, but I could not improve my overall lap time.

Submitting my times, good luck to the rest of you!👍

What did you figure out for the first sector?

What did you figure out for the first sector?

Right before I reach the 100m braking marker, I slam on the brakes, ride the curb on the left, then shift down to second, Coast into the corner in second and as soon as you see that you can get a clear exit, accelerate out of there.

For me, a lot of it was using the right entry, if done correctly I was hitting consistent 13.9xx's. If not, worse case scenario, you'll put up a 14.06x.

Good luck man!👍

Right before I reach the 100m braking marker, I slam on the brakes, ride the curb on the left, then shift down to second, Coast into the corner in second and as soon as you see that you can get a clear exit, accelerate out of there.

For me, a lot of it was using the right entry, if done correctly I was hitting consistent 13.9xx's. If not, worse case scenario, you'll put up a 14.06x.

Good luck man!👍

Alright, thanks for the advice. Going to give it one last try. Peace.

Im done on this one, lack of motivation to find those last few hundreds.. onto Spa!

Remember if your submission time is < 1 minute, you still need to prefix the 0 for fetchy to accept. 0'xx.xxx

Submitted with current splits. No will is left, but .150 of time was.

All the best, chaps!

Time to get the F1 car up to full HP and attack the Ardennes

Submitted yesterday from the moment I had seen the new TT ;) Hope my last sector time is able to resist the rest of div. 4.

Submitted with these splits.

Edit,tried to submit,in 3 different formats,even the 0'xx.xxx doesn't seem to work.
Better luck next time I guess. :(

Last edited:
Submitted with these splits.

Edit,tried to submit,in 3 different formats,even the 0'xx.xxx doesn't seem to work.
Better luck next time I guess. :(

You need to do it EXACTLY like this -

Time: 0'00.000

You left the "Time: " part out of your submissions. Your second submission was correct in terms of the format of the numbers.

Didn't get to run this again, submitting with current splits. T3 is off about .125 from where it should be.

Almost forgot to submit again Phew! Was consistent sub .85x in T1 and almost restarted but I was working on something in T2. When I seen green at split I panicked and blew a shift in next corner, but held together. Beat my best T2 and T3 by .1 each. Apparently I needed some time away from this one. Submitting. Good luck all.:cheers:

Last edited:
My final splits are:

T1:13.784
T2:14.957

Note: my split 1 and 2 times are slower than my previous best lap but T3 was faster so an overall better lap.

Ended up taking another .2 off my overall.

It looks so much slower watching the replay than it does actually running the lap. :lol:

After months staying away from city tracks said to myself it was time to stop that, and get over it.

Guess what, i really hate it :ouch:, all the banging :banghead: and the red laps, but even so, tried hard to submit this week on a city track (since week 33 :crazy:)

I´m not a great driver, but i suck big time in here so best splits are:

Left above .4 on track.

Great splits on board, and looking forward to see some replays and found out how to be fast without touching the #5$%$% walls :dopey:

The only red laps I had were due to taking a corner too tight and hitting the wall in such a way that it brought the car to a sudden stop in a completely different direction.

After months staying away from city tracks said to myself it was time to stop that, and get over it.

Guess what, i really hate it :ouch:, all the banging :banghead: and the red laps, but even so, tried hard to submit this week on a city track (since week 33 :crazy:)

I´m not a great driver, but i suck big time in here so best splits are:

Left above .4 on track.

Great splits on board, and looking forward to see some replays and found out how to be fast without touching the #5$%$% walls :dopey:

+1

hate city tracks as well.

But the car is freaking awesome. That's what made me to decide to participate. The car matches the track pretty well as well. So i had a blast.

Would love to see the car come back again on a track like Suzi Fuji GP/F. In arcade mode of course

Had a tinny improvement from last night. Splits suck tho and got a bad feeling about my T3 more and more. So let's pray for the best.

13.902 :banghead: saw many many .7xx
14.961 can life with this one

T3 hope for the best :lol:

Good luck everybody.

I'm off to my bed, hoping i wake up with a smile on my face.

EDK

You left the "Time: " part out of your submissions. Your second submission was correct in terms of the format of the numbers.

👍
Worked allright now.

Couldnt resist a last minute blast for an hour...but......aaargh. 28.676 and numerous 7s unconverted :banghead:

Reviewed my lap again a couple of times. Content, but two tenths shy in t1 and 2 :/

I'll go get back in my box now, having had a chance to check a lap with a decent T3:

Just not enough time. Apparently I've left over .3 on the track.

Submitted.

EDK

Lol, glad to see I'm not the only one that did that. Splits submitted yesturday. This was my first event in the WRS so we'll see just how bad I suck. Anyways, had fun doing this and even tho I said I was gonna skip the next one, I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. Can't embarrass myself any more than I already have I guess....or can I, lol.

well I submitted my time but it was rejected for some reason so I tried again but it might be a little late

Edit: well it got rejected again due to past dead line oh well

Back