GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 79 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter EDK
  • 282 comments
This one looks fun. :)

Never drive this car much, never at Spa.

Can't pass up one of my favorite tracks though.

Will give it a try later today.

What sensitivity and deadzone / linearity are you using Chris? Amazing T2....

Thanks mate. :) Wheel settings:

SEN 700
FF 40
SHO 100
DRI OFF
LIN 0
DEA 0
SPR -3
DPR -3

I'll post car setup once I settle on one. So far just max aero, max spring, damper and ARB, camber 2.5/1.6. toe 0.00/0.00

Edit - New splits:

Last edited:
What a PITA! What can't bob break this in?:mad:

With 711HP:

I'm done till Tuesday as this will put off my London and SNAIL timing :crazy:

My favorite car in the Game.
But i dont have a GTP acount.
I would love to drive.
Its maybe possible that i can drive with my IMMORTALPILOT Acount?
Without points maybe?

First go in this tt at my home circuit :)

First sector is ok, still need to drive without mistakes in second. third is ok.

No way I can match your 1st sector Marc, so I'm thinking it might be down to aero and/or gearing...

I'm at full aero, and a very generic gearbox ATM. La source is obviously the key, but so is the final chicane. Right now my car is quite whippy in the back end but it doesn't flinch under acceleration so the car sort of slides through the corners but doesn't lose any traction when I floor it.
I don't think it's a terribly practical setup as Pouhon is a bit of a nightmare on entry and is costing me a lot of time. I'll see what I can do tuning wise today to solve that and see what happens. I know a better tune will improve T2 and hopefully not affect T1. Being fastest through T1 at the expense of the other sectors is just not going to work here :(

Way to shoot to the top Chris 👍... I'm off to find that missing second ;)

I'm at full aero, and a very generic gearbox ATM. La source is obviously the key, but so is the final chicane.
True enough - I'm getting a certain degree of turn-in understeer in the low speed corners so am losing out through the chicane and La Source but its super stable in the high speed stuff. Diff setting 15/10/15. Good luck finding more time mate. 👍

29.011 (meh :yuck:)
43.989 :)

I seem to be maxed out through sector 1 at 28.8s so I could do with another 0.3 there at least to call it decent.

Last edited:
Thanks for your setup Chris, works nice! I've done a rough tranny trick with 217 top speed, car hits about 205 on Kemmel. The middle part of the lap is just on rails, almost too fast to see at times. Thr turn with no name when you get it right feels awesome and the quick chicanes at the start and end of t2 are so cool when hooked up.

Pouhon....that thing is the toughest turn, early braking works nicely though and hitting the inside early seems to work and stop it sliding across the road - I've also managed to spin 360 degrees there a few times!

I can't get on the power very early at the low speed turns though, it seems to take forever to turn unless you're doing 70+ mph - loses me lots of time in the early and late stages. If anyone can advise on setup to get a bit more balance, I'm all ears!

Look forward to see how fast you go next Marc! ;)

I can't get on the power very early at the low speed turns though, it seems to take forever to turn unless you're doing 70+ mph - loses me lots of time in the early and late stages. If anyone can advise on setup to get a bit more balance, I'm all ears!

Me too - the chicane and La Source are losing me alot of time. I can't seem to get a better turn in for the low speed corners and get on the power early without compromising the setup and then losing more time in the high speed stuff. I hope the balance works out in favour of high speed stability...

28.966 (I'm totally stuck here)
43.719 (going ok here)

Decent run to the line but I want another 0.2 off sector one at least.

I'm a bit stuck too TBH... balancing the car to get a better T2 hurts T1. T3 doesn't seem to be affected by much, I just have to steer really lightly through Blanchimont. Just thinking about that turn seems to get the car to turn through it..it's stable, but almost no steering input required.
Pouhon entry is still really tricky, and that's usually always my best corner at Spa :confused:

Kind of disappointing when you beat your ghost by a car length or 2 to the T marker and you only gain .080 :lol:

Edit: currently running:
19/19
10/10
8/8
7/7

2.8/2.2
-0.05/0.00

10/40/8
BB 5/5 5/3 <---takes Pouhon way better at this setting

It's really only the camber, toe and LSD I'm playing with.
Trans is still somewhat generic. Hitting 222 KMh (138 MPh) at S/F line.

Last edited:
I'm a bit stuck too TBH...
Nice step forward in sector 2 anyway Marc. 👍

Finding another tenth in sector 1 is frustrating in the extreme.

Can't believe how much time can be made nailing sector 2... crazy.

Thanks Chris.
This one will be won or lost in sector 2... that's almost certain.
In sector 1 I found the most improvement when I stopped being smooth and just yanked the car around turn 1 - using the dip in the turn for some extra turning power.

I'v got an easy question. Does N/A mean Not Applicable? Reason for asking is that Engine Power Limiter says Not Allowed, not N/A!

You should join the registry my friend. It would be cool to have you here.

And if he was in, even Twissy on this one would be playing for second. The time he posted early in the Monaco seasonal back in May stood untouched for the entire two weeks that trial was live.

And if he was in, even Twissy on this one would be playing for second. The time he posted early in the Monaco seasonal back in May stood untouched for the entire two weeks that trial was live.

Yep I agree, I wouldn't get anywhere near IMMORTAL in the F1, he's normally top of most the seasonal time trials when the F1 car is involved.

Ran a 10-lap stint; had a better one than this going the very last lap but messed up Pouhon. Couple other laps were non-contenders because I messed up Eau Rouge in ways that would have left the marshals with very little to salvage.

Edit:

Changed transmission settings using the tranny trick. Result on full aero with no other tuning was a quicker but nervously twitchy car. Pouhon is a real adventure. Had to re-learn Blanchimont.

Last edited:

Ran a 10-lap stint; had a better one than this going the very last lap but messed up Pouhon. Couple other laps were non-contenders because I messed up Eau Rouge in ways that would have left the marshals with very little to salvage.

Edit:

Changed transmission settings using the tranny trick. Result on full aero with no other tuning was a quicker but nervously twitchy car. Pouhon is a real adventure. Had to re-learn Blanchimont.
I reset the aero to default because of the twitchy handling and got a slight improvement. Not a good enough time to post tho. I suspect I will not be posting any times for this week. F1 cars are more than I can handle!

I think I know now why so many people like this track. Wow, was that fun! This car is way too fast for me but it's fun learning around here. Way faster than I thought I would be so I'm in bonus territory now. :D

Clearly I need to figure out T2 but at the rate I am going I think I will surprise myself this week.

I presume nothing over the red and white strips in pouhon is acceptable ? Please confirm.
Bloody love this. Flying by the seat of my pants. Just the way I roll

I think so. Mine is at 726 after 400km. Am waiting to hear different

I presume nothing over the red and white strips in pouhon is acceptable ? Please confirm.
Bloody love this. Flying by the seat of my pants. Just the way I roll

correct, as stated in the OP :

Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
Nothing Else is Track.
Green Painted Tarmac and Tarmac Beyond White Track Boundary Lines are Not track.
Overrun tarmac past rumble strips and white boundary lines is not track.

Back