GTP_WRS Week 08 : Citroen C4 @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 99 comments
You've got some high gearing there Russ (or is it low gearing when ratio goes up? Too late...)I'm at about 5.1. Very low ride height too. Hmm.

I tried to set the gears for max acceleration while keeping 2nd and 3rd so you don't have to shift while cornering, you can run the gears out untill you're pretty much straight.
The ride hieght is low to keep the centre of gravity low. The track surface is pretty smooth and there's really no curbs to get hung up on, so I couldn't see any down side to slamming it.

My current 2nd best : 1'22.177

new 2nd fastest in post #72.

Last edited:
I tried to set the gears for max acceleration while keeping 2nd and 3rd so you don't have to shift while cornering, you can run the gears out untill you're pretty much straight.
I think my best change was in the gearing. I think the final is 4.100 with a change in 3rd and 4th gears for acceleration
EDIT 4.300
3rd gear 1.424
4th gear 1.081

I'm sure I'm loosing time on the last right hander I can never seem to get the braking and line right. I kinda use a brake, roll, power method in the first few turns.
Take the last sweeper wide so you can power through to the finish.
That's the way I see it anyway.
Good luck!

Thats the way I see it too.

I'm getting my G25 tomorrow!!! :)

Rumour has it Santa mght be bringing me a G25 this year... :)

Yeh, I bought myself a DFGT for Christmas. :sly:

New faster lap.

1'22.587

Merry Christmas everybody. :cheers:

Last edited:
Ugh, won't be touching this one, I spent an hour just trying to get the AI setup to get a sub 1:21.5.....gl guys!

Jerome

Ok i found this one to be quite fun once you get the right Ai, which i may add is a ballache. But never the less i continued and found one i liked. I won't tell you my Key element to my setup but what i will tell you is i used RussRobit's because im lazy. The gears were different and power too. The Ai i had set to 85 which worked great with the right Ai.

Ok here is my second best time to date 1'20.967

Merry Christmas 👍

Last edited:
Christmas morning run with the new DFGT.....I like. :drool:

New 2nd fastest lap

1'22.376

Shaved a little more off last night but will take a few more tries before updating my time. It is amazing how important the draft is on this one and that means getting the right AI grid. Funny how things work out that way and it will be very interesting to see what the best time is for this event.

Anyone reckon you could do a better time on S1s with a heap more power? Or would you lose too much through the hairpins?

May have to try this out.

Anyone reckon you could do a better time on S1s with a heap more power? Or would you lose too much through the hairpins?

May have to try this out.

You may try but I found no grip with the S3's.

I was using R1's front and rear (for added hp) but have switched to an R3/R2 setup.

Yes, didn't work, couldn't take the hairpins at anything above 35mph.

I'm struggling to get within a couple of tenths of my second best time atm, let alone challenge my best time. I may be done on this one.

Yes, didn't work, couldn't take the hairpins at anything above 35mph.

I'm struggling to get within a couple of tenths of my second best time atm, let alone challenge my best time. I may be done on this one.

i'm at the same point as you, i did a real good lap with the help of RussRobit's setup and now i cant get within xx.500 of my second best time still fun to try, ill probably try a couple more times till they post week 9's race

i'm at the same point as you, i did a real good lap with the help of RussRobit's setup and now i cant get within xx.500 of my second best time still fun to try, ill probably try a couple more times till they post week 9's race

I can't stress the importance of the tow going up the hill enough, if i don't get it im .500 off my best time even on a perfect lap. I wouldn't use less than R2's on the front as you have to catch the car infront at the bottom of the hill.

I can't stress the importance of the tow going up the hill enough, if i don't get it im .500 off my best time even on a perfect lap.

+1 - if you aren't close to the car in front of you at the very bottom of the hill you aren't going to have a good lap - my fave drafting buddies when I was slower were Vipers and Vettes while now I look for Nissan Coupes, BMW's, or R8's - don't bother with the Lotus cars unless you are running 1'18s. :) You should be right on their tail at T1 and come right up on them at the very bottom of the track (the sweeping right hander just before the tunnel).

Good advice guys. 👍

I put R3's front and rear on the AI to speed them through the esses and help tow me up the hill. Its working pretty well.

New lap time.

1'21.724

Greetings from a balmy Boston. :)

I see that I lost my provisional number one position in the Div 3 ranking, darn. :dunce:

Just got my DFGT wheel today and am working on this right now. Gonna be my first WRS race and my 2nd best time so far is 1'22.658

Hi guys. :) Hoping you are all having a great festive season... My own got a whole lot better yesterday - Santa finally brought my G25!

By brought I mean I had to go to Microdirect and buy it myself but the end result is the same... I own one now :)

So time to have a last bash at this weeks challenge with a new setup. Here's hoping it was worth it.

Greetings from a balmy Boston. :)

I see that I lost my provisional number one position in the Div 3 ranking, darn. :dunce:

Hey Marc, going to be near 60 F today. A week ago a foot of snow.
Ah, as we say in New England, if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes, it'll change.

New lap time, no board improvement but I most likely ran my last attempt on this one.

1'21.681

Still getting used to my new G25 but getting there. Using RussRobit's tune but with F R3 and R R1 and a slight change to gears and brakes.

Managed a new second best 1'21.279

getting near my last attempts, so looking forward to finding out what next weeks race will be.

Have I been stupid? I've not been on-line for this week at all, will it still show my GTP_tag?

Edit:
Having thimmocked about it, I need to be logged onto PSN, don't I? How do I check my replays to see if I have been on-line when I've done them? My tag shows at the start of the replay, doesn't it?

Last edited:
i was almost not going to give this week another shot after not even coming close to 1'23.064(old seconded best time) for a bunch of tries, but i did not run this race for a couple days as i beat all the rally races in gt4(as i go for 100% completion again) but i figured i would give it one more go and since i seem to be best on the first go and start dropping off when i try to push to hard on following laps, i was able to beat my previous 2nd best time

New seconded best time: 1'22.542

and submitted

on to week 9

Have I been stupid? I've not been on-line for this week at all, will it still show my GTP_tag?

Edit:
Having thimmocked about it, I need to be logged onto PSN, don't I? How do I check my replays to see if I have been on-line when I've done them? My tag shows at the start of the replay, doesn't it?

the replay will show your GTP_tag at the bottom right of the screen when the hud is not shown during the replay (eg map, speed,rpm,gear) if you were not online it will show ( -- ) instead of the GTP_tag. time trial replays show the online screen name before the replay starts withe the lap time

Back