GTP_WRS Week 09 : Honda NSX Type R '02 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 142 comments
Tried a couple of the tunes posted here, and was finding some difficulty lowering my times.I made a setup using some the attributes that gave turn in and some that gave rear grip then spent time on gears found the Honda performed better as a 5spd for this pp rating.

I will endeavour to reach the T1 59 bracket.

@Bigracer
I included my Division and Pad in my Signature, sorry, I wasn't aware of people doing this, never noticed :)

I'm sure this must be a pretty stupid question, but what's and where's the Leaderboard you refered to? I just couldn't find out where it is.

All have a nice day!

Edit: Found it in your signature, of course :)

Last edited:
I'm sure this must be a pretty stupid question, but what's and where's the Leaderboard you refered to? I just couldn't find out where it is.
Just click the link in his signature and you will find out. :)

Much better through T2, by about 8/10ths.

T1 1'00.956
T2 1'52.270

If I can nail the esses in T1 I can get it to under 1'52 in T2.

Put in more time last night and oddly enough had a better overall laptime but worse T1's and T2's in that lap. It's almost like I need 3 different tunes for the car - one through T1, one through T2, and one for the final section. Just putting together a perfect lap is insanely difficult for this one. If I can break the 1'00 barrier on T1, I think that will be the point at which I give up and submit my time - not planning on a podium for this one. When will week 10 be put up so I can spare the last 3 hairs on my head? :)

Small improvement to overall time...

1'49.643

Nice T2 Jack!

Edit...

1'49.532

Last edited:
This WRS thing is really fun (first time for me)! I was ready to declare defeat (i.e. to give up improving yesterday's time) and today I shaved off 0.9s... this is crazy. And I know I can do better, not shure if I'll be consistent enough to do it.

T1: 59.579
T2: 1'49.931

Please disregard the above posted times. I've watched the replay a few times and I'm really suspicious that the weight has been reset to 100% (instead of 107%) and the PP would be higher than permitted.

Instead, consider this one, which I'm sure is clean:
T1: 59.982
T2: 1'50.878

Is there any way to find out the PP of a replay? Now I'm unsure about some old laps (better than the above) that I'd like to check. (feel like such a newbie...)

PS: Thanks Lars (Dutch Customs) for the tune!

Last edited:
Im confused, i got slower splits but my overall time is over 0.700 faster.

Ive had the same a couple of times now, but alot of the lap can depends on the final sector. Through 130R and the chicane ALOT can be made up. Ive made a second from getting my braking point on that chicance just right, and prefect apexs (I think).

Yup, I've gone through 130R at anything from 110mph, to 124mph.

It's a good combo because you keep pushing, fiddling with set ups can be very rewarding too.

Slight improvement.

T1 59.481
T2 1.50.110

Losing alot of time through Spoon Curve. :ouch:

As Jack said in the final chicane is a lot of time.Try getting your braking so you don't get back on the throttle til you've turned left, allowing one controlled acceleration to the line!!Maintaining the highest low speed gives your exit speed and acceleration a massive difference,translating to 0.5-1.0 secs in that one part of the circuit!!!!

Always easier said than done, as is any theories on the rest of the circuit. :sly:LOLOL

I've been working at this on and off for awhile now. First report:

T1: 59.818
T2: 1'50.273

Obviously, T1 is my bane. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. :crazy:

I've been working at this on and off for awhile now. First report:

T1: 59.818
T2: 1'50.273

Obviously, T1 is my bane. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. :crazy:

Below 1 min for T1 is still good. My best time for the first sector is 1.00.250

More improvements tonight on total time with virtually the same T1 and T2.

All kidding aside here, I have run well over 100 laps on this and not a single one has been under 1'00 at T1 - I propose that anyone who can do that get promoted to Div 2 immediately. That is a serious accomplishment with this car/track combination.

Bigracer, check my edited time in post #98.

Thx,
Chris

Well, tried again today and could not improve... Maybe I'll try again tonight.

You Div 1 and 2 guys are seriously fast!:bowdown:

I might have to try out these trials, its sounds like a lot of fun!
Ive been playing a little bit more lately, since I moved into the new house its easier to setup my cockpit... and easier to put away to appease the missus! ;)

So I might just jump in this tomorrow, at least to show how bad I really am haha!

Slower T1 and slightly faster T2, but quicker overall.

0'59.597
1'49.963

Last edited:
Sat down with this for the first time today. Just can't seem to get the feel for it.

Nothing post-worthy yet...

Had a half hour shot earlier in the week and then an hour today. Used DC tune but changed the chamber to 2.0/1.0 and brakes 4/5. Might get a hour tomorrow if I'm lucky but loads of room for improvement. Have seen a T1 0.4 quicker.

1'00.597
1'51.611

1'00.368 / 1'50.945

had to use 1 TCS for this one and S2 / S3 tires. Some great times here. 👍

EDIT: 1'00.206 / 1'50.795 👍

Last edited:
I done. Spent time trying to beat my time and its not happening. Come close with a slower t1 and matched t2 but keep messing up somewhere on the lap.

Tried to play with the gears again but think I have my 2nd, 3rd and 4th spot on for me so Im leaving my time as it stands :)

New PB.
T1: 59.731
T2: 1'50.473
Two mistakes on T2 and T3 cost me about .5s overall. :dunce:
This thing is unbelievably addictive. :)

Back