GTP_WRS Week 12 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 112 comments
Another great week of racing!! Wes in D1; Red in D2; and Gravitron in D4! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ It looks like Gravitron is trying for a promotion!! :cheers:
millross!!! Nicely done.๐Ÿ‘ I'm very happy for you on this one. You earned it.

Carlos, congratulations on your podium finish!!! ๐Ÿ‘ :cheers:

Another cheer to Carlos for that clear and concise description of what those numbers mean. So it seems I need to keep working on keeping my handicap lower every week. It's like golf, the lower the number the better. Speaking of golf...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sly:

Your welcome Chuk, and thanks for the props (and thanks to Millross as well)!

Reckon your rally submission did you no favours in your efforts to get to D2 - you would have been better not submitting, but then that's not really in the spirit of the WRS is it.

Millross was on fire this week wasn't he! I smell a promotion coming your way ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks, Chuk, but after the recent promotion from D4 Silver to Gold, I'm happy here for a while. If I go up to D3 I'll be last every week! ;)

Double thanks to Carlos for the breakdown of the handicaps (in plain English).
Personally, I'll submit every possible week I can, even if I only get 30min to run laps. I wouldn't choose to NOT submit just because I thought I wouldn't do well...

My understanding is...
3---3'20.231---GTP_X3rx3s44 r=1.520 (d1/0.000)
5---3'20.430---GTP_CSL r=1.657 (d1/-0.560)

CSL's current handicap, prior to this event, was 1.657+0.560 = 2.217. This is below a D1 Silver ranking mainly because he had a couple of bad weeks (Top Gear track 56th overall, Nurburgring 41st, and to a lesser extent last week 20th). These results had reduced his handicap to 2.217 from his qualifying position. This week he's driven like a D1 Silver driver, and as a result has drastically outperformed his current ranking. The Handicap leaderboard is ranked by your improvement over your current handicap. CSL improved (shown as a negative) by 0.56.

X3's current handicap is 1.52 + 0 = 1.52. Plus 0 because either it's your first week or you matched your handicap. Because your handicap is 0, you are much further down the HC board.

However, I think you should be 23rd (ranking 0) and not 40th (ranking 1.51967). It's like the numbers got transposed - maybe the system doesn't handle 0 very well?

Maybe shoot a PM to Vaxen

EDIT: In the interests of explaining the data, I have been a little blunt in my description, especially of CSL. No disrespect is meant - you are both way faster than me :cheers:

Just to add that the d1 in brackets refers to the fact that the submitted time (3'20.430 in CSL's case) falls within the bounds of the Division 1 category.

All the above is IMO and I could, of course, be completely wrong :dunce:

My personal goal is to submit every week, even when I suck. I also like to nibble, but that's a different thread.

Just to add that the d1 in brackets refers to the fact that the submitted time (3'20.430 in CSL's case) falls within the bounds of the Division 1 category.

All the above is IMO and I could, of course, be completely wrong :dunce:

Thanks for your input with trying to figure this out Carlos! ๐Ÿ‘ Much appreciated! :)
I did shoot off a PM to Vaxen to try and clarify the issue and get a better understanding of how the HC system works. When I hear back I will be sure to let everyone know if anything deviates from the understanding which you have so then, hopefully, we will all understand how the system works! :D

Xerxes. :)

Checked:
post #1
3---3'20.231---GTP_X3rx3s44
gflagjn4.gif

1---3'21.098---GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif

Very interesting , different lines and gear choises. ๐Ÿ‘

MadMax

chukabilly
My personal goal is to submit every week, even when I suck.
Well said chuck, I'm submitting every event I can possibly humanly participate in, good or dead last. I don't think it's in the spirit to pick and choose the events your're good at just to get a promotion. My theory is if I do well enough, a promotion will come, if not then I stay where I am, simple ๐Ÿ‘

If I get a bad handicap ratio so be it, i'm here to compete with the best. It's actually why I don't consider this a real 11th place, but more like a 20th. Let's look at the names not here

josh,osrg,stotty,rudi,Vagabond,AX7Maverick,zoky,Dan,plato,eclipsee and the list goes on. I'm not saying anything wrong against the above guys not competing as it's impossible to compete every event. What I'm saying is that's already another 10 places down the ladder I'd be. I WANT to be measured against the aliens, for now I'm just a humble cow waiting to be abducted :sly:

Anyway, just grabbed some replays, be back soon.

Edit: Looks like all you other aussies just got home from work too :)

Says red as he is drawn up in the tractor beam :lol:

Anyway, checked lownsey29's replay
gflagjn4.gif

Only close part was actually before the 1st lap started, had to get the camera out but all good. Correct tyres, and times add up correctly. Be back with some more later.

Edit: reserved so as not to double post. I hit post twice and don't know where to delete it. I'll put some more replay here later

MadMax
gflagjn4.gif

Didn't really come close to much except for the same left-right at the bottom of the hill that I did. Very tidy laps. Correct tyres, and lap times add up correctly.
I noticed you were able to be in 3rd and get on the gas at the bottom of the hill in T2 even
before entering the left - right combo. I wasn't able to get on the gas until mid corner and had straightened up otherwise I kept pushing wide. Wish I knew how you did that ๐Ÿ‘

Here is my PAL replay 002. So hard to be good on that second lap.

Attachments

• GTP_Sidplayos2_WRS_Week12.zip
    778.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Says red as he is drawn up in the tractor beam :lol:

I wish! (but thank you very much for the thought :) )

Each week one or more of those "aliens" throws up a time that is .5 to a full second faster than anyone else. Its one thing to see the time, and not be able to put it together in a lap. But Zoky, W-G-E, Stotty, and company put down laps that are un-seeable.

I have no idea where this time is most weeks. I wish we could all see each other's replays. This PAL/NTSC thing is a real bummer. I want to see how Wes was so far clear of the field.

Nice work this week Wes. Very impressive stuff!

In a galaxy far, far away: they balance the "Reflex" versus the "Result".
They don't do anything different, they just do it before you do.

Very interesting , different lines and gear choices. ๐Ÿ‘
MadMax

Thanks for checking it mate! ๐Ÿ‘ I knew it was very close on the chicane on lap 2 but I had watched the replay at least 10 times and never quite found contact... :D
Only a bee's ๐Ÿคฌ away from the wall though... ;)

Well Done to everyone who took part once again.:cheers:

Here is my replay.:)

Attachments

• GTP ASH32 WRS Week 12.zip
    787.4 KB · Views: 17
6---3'21.038---GTP_Sidplayos2
gflagjn4.gif

Not much left of those tyres then!

Right car, right track, right tyres, correct splits. Interesting you used 2nd for the first section in T2 where I held third. My apex speed was higher (4-5kmh I think) for the first left, but then you were able to carry more speed into the next part of the section but the difference in the sector time was less than a tenth. Nice consistency, 0.304 between the laps ๐Ÿ‘

In a galaxy far, far away: they balance the "Reflex" versus the "Result".
They don't do anything different, they just do it before you do.

I combine the two and just get "Reflux"...

Last edited:
Carlos Fandango
Not much left of those tyres then!
Yeah, Bob Janes favourite customer after that run :lol:

Carlos Fandango
Right car, right track, right tyres, correct splits. Interesting you used 2nd for the first section in T2 where I held third. My apex speed was higher (4-5kmh I think) for the first left, but then you were able to carry more speed into the next part of the section but the difference in the sector time was less than a tenth. Nice consistency, 0.304 between the laps ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for checking, did you have to get the camera out :)

I found that to get a better T3 I had to sacrifice the middle of T2 to get a good exit into the beginning of T3. Did you notice my unorthodox technique I was talking about before? In the chicane I would knock back to 3rd, accelerate into the chicane, drop into 2nd while rolling through with no gas and then accelerate again while strightening. Was the only way I could get through there the same every time. It sure looks weird on the replay but worked ok.

Carlos Fandango
I combine the two and just get "Reflux"...
:yuck:

Just had a quick go of Week 13, I'm like 20 seconds off the pace :scared:

@ Sidplayos2

I have had a lot going on lately and haven't been able to take part as I would have liked to. I am hoping to be able to compete again soon :)

@ Sidplayos2

I have had a lot going on lately and haven't been able to take part as I would have liked to. I am hoping to be able to compete again soon :)

Hey mate, nice to see you again. I know you've been off sick lately from what you said in your other posts. Hope you didn't mis-interpret my post, was just trying to say that I'd be further down the board if you guys were all in this event. I just feel that any positions/handicap results at the moment I have are 'elevated' or 'artificial' and I haven't really earned them.

Always appreciate your tips and can't wait to pick your brain some more (in order to hunt you down :sly: )

Hey mate, nice to see you again. I know you've been off sick lately from what you said in your other posts. Hope you didn't mis-interpret my post, was just trying to say that I'd be further down the board if you guys were all in this event. I just feel that any positions/handicap results at the moment I have are 'elevated' or 'artificial' and I haven't really earned them.

Always appreciate your tips and can't wait to pick your brain some more (in order to hunt you down :sly: )

I feel the same way. There is no way I would have been so high on the leaderboard had more people taken part, but I accept that there are other things that are more important than the WRS and that people can't always take part. It doesn't stop me from wishing more people would take part though.:sly:

2---3'20.571---GTP_ASH32
gflagjn4.gif

Nice smooth lap. Very consistent T1's. Less wheelspin than Sid and slightly higher apex speeds in T2. Used 3rd gear wide line at the hairpin as I did. 0.271 difference between the two laps ๐Ÿ‘

@Sid - number of participants doesn't really affect your handicap, as long as there's a fast D1 at the top of the board I think. You'll have to check with Vaxen whether he has some sort of bogey timeor datum and works from there, or uses another system. Number of participants obviously does affect your overall position though, and makes it more fun :)

Off to bed now.

Here's my replay, first lap there are too many mistakes, biggest one includes the first turn. no close calls that I could find.

Attachments

• GTP_JBRINKLEY_WK12.zip
    796.1 KB · Views: 12
I just feel that any positions/handicap results at the moment I have are 'elevated' or 'artificial' and I haven't really earned them.

Well Sid, you earned that position just for taking the time to take part this week.
I feel good for my rank this week, but of course I am aware that it doesn't reflects which is my real rank among all the GTP registered users.

If anyone has some time to kill here's my PAL replay (3'21.189). I haven't been added to the results yet but it was a fun challenge anyway :)

Attachments

• GTP_Yanaran_WRS_Week12.zip
    798.1 KB · Views: 11
Back