GTP_WRS Week 129 : Duct Tape Deathmatch

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 75 comments
For such a short track it sure was difficult to get all 3 sectors "right" on the same lap :irked:
Yeah, I think my very best splits were probably 0.1 better than what I submitted with. But every time I got splits that good, I completely screwed up the last corner. My submission still does not have my very best last sector, but it's pretty close. I would say if I dug through and found my best 3 sectors, I probably have another 0.150-0.200 in the lap. But I also was lapping fairly consistently within 2 tenths of my submitted lap. And have several saved laps within 1-2 tenths of my submission.

All to say the same thing - it was tough to squeeze every ounce out of this one. The tire stagger made it very difficult to brake on time, hit the apex, and power out without losing traction.

EDK
All to say the same thing - it was tough to squeeze every ounce out of this one. The tire stagger made it very difficult to brake on time, hit the apex, and power out without

Dud you settle for the Honda or the toyota?

Dud you settle for the Honda or the toyota?
I settled on the Toyota pretty early on. Was just more fun for me to drive, and I was generally a bit faster in it. The power out part was different in the Spoon, just use Second gear and mash the throttle at Apex. But I think braking was about as difficult, for me at least.

The other thing about the Toyota that I'd not mentioned before - GT3 was the first Gran Turismo game I owned, and the first car I bought on the game was a Sprinter Trueno, like the one in the image below. I was looking for a cheap RWD car to start the game with, and this fit the bill. :)

trueno-5522b0f9520cd.jpg

Haha, I saw the Toyota online and realized, now I wanted to have one more go, I ran this with 207 horses.

Last edited:
I did a Banzai run and had a lap with a 490 T2, but it was only 0.017 faster at the line. Turns out I was off track at the start of the lap from running wide the lap prior, so it was dirty anyhow. Sticking with what I've got.

Back