GTP_WRS Week 24 : The Alpines' Alpine

• Thread starter EDK
  • 313 comments
I hate this car, I hate this track, and I don't want to remember my first-impression splits. Unfortunately, I do have to post them....

I find it incredible that people can get under 33 at T1. I have hard time getting under 34 :)
Anyway, just to confirm, tarmac is the track edge, not the white line. Right?

Correct. We will usually provide pics and a lot of hand waving when lines are boundaries, rather than tarmac edge.

Ah, good. That should make breaking into 57s a bit easier.

Edit: 58.047 - getting close.

Last edited:

Rubbish 2nd sector ruined a chance of a great lap!

BB 2/4

Massive late apex the last turn so you hit the line at 75/76mph
Very tight to white lines in turn 1, for quite some time
Tight initially in turn 2, but then the turn opens right out so you can EARLY apex this one.
The next turn you can early apex and run tight to the white line, or late apex it - I don't think it matters, but the next part is immensely important - from the MIDDLE of the track, you need to almost swivel the car slightly so that you can start pointing it down the track, then I accelerate out in 3rd gear (wheel spin limiting), trying to get a handful of dirt on both the left and right side.

The rest of the lap is relatively straight forward, you must keep your foot in it through the S if you want the best lap time, this can be a little tricky if the line isn't right.

Unsure if late apex or tight apex at the end of a quick lap is best. Preference at the moment is late cos it sets up a new lap, but early might cut the distance down enough for a hundredth or two - who knows....

Back later!

Last edited:
I hate this car, I hate this track, and I don't want to remember my first-impression splits. Unfortunately, I do have to post them....

Well someone said it before I did...

So Eager to use the new wheel forgot to change the tyres.:dopey:
Proper 1st Splits Comfort Medium

For DFGT tweeking you may want to see this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/9830116/
G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

From my experience (I have the DFGT for 10 weeks, moreless) its better to adapt oneself to the default settings (900 degrees); when you are more familiar with it you can try different settings that are more convenient (640 degrees for LMP or F1, for example) always under your own style, of course.

My splits to begin, and I dont believe I can do much better:

Dang, been trying to get decent splits (for the division I'm in) for the past couple hours but it just seems to be impossible for me, haven't gotten under 34 on T1 and I'm barely in the 58's for T2. Eventhough the car is fun to drive on this track, I'm pretty much clueless on how to push it. :boggled:

Kinda reminds me of Week 3 (I think), with the little BMW at Rome. I was way off the pace on that one aswell. I have started to fear (dis)comfort tyres, eventhough those probably aren't the problem.

But yeah, maybe I'll get a clue if someone posts a T1 vid. :D

thx Dennis!
i admit it sounded a little mean (if its the right words to use to describe it) :)

i was scratching my head in that session to understand why i was losing a full tenth in just one corner :lol:

for t1 on first hairpin it need to turn tight around the apex and for the next hairpin (left hand) slow down a little early to get really tight on inside without touching the sand (on both you need to feel the car on limit of losing rear grip on trailbraking) give as much throttle as you can as soon as you can use all track on right, you can shortshift slightly in 3rd if its about to spin but its better to get it limit in second gear... and sometime its better accelerate sooner at 95% throttle than fighting with grip it might lose time.

for 3rd hairpin you keep left then trailbrake and try to downshift into 2nd gear to allow the car to turn around the apex very close smoothly (try to get on inside as soon as you can without ending too far left on inside)

dont accelerate too soon but dont try going too much on right before the last downhill section...

just lift while turning for downhill you want to feel the car get loose on the rear off throttle you might want to straithen the wheel as you start to get dowhill then you have to accelerate as soon as possible without upsetting the car you can lose over 1 tenth easily just by sliding/spinning

you should concentrate your effort on that last part to find the sweet spot

its the area you can gain or lose the most in t1

posting a video of t1 woul be much better than my attempt to explain it :lol:

but my computer is not working.

No problem. I take it as a joke and not peronal. Not made of sucker ;)

Thanks for the explaination. Video will help more indeed. So Bart (@PASM) where are you :cheers:

I'm finding little bits of time in T1 and now i'm lost in T2 too. What i find in T1 i'm losing in T2 so no benefit :ouch: Need to find more in T1. Came close to 33.0xx a few times. But really looking for 32's. And there a little to find in T3.

Just thought of something. Can it be that the fast T2's are only possible by taking a diffrent line trough that last corner of T1. I've kept the car on the right side and then drop in the downhill part. Be cause of that you can carry more speed. Now i take another line before the downhill drop, like Mike said. And i'm losing about a tenth in T2.

Nice T1 Matt (@millross) 👍

Dang, been trying to get decent splits (for the division I'm in) for the past couple hours but it just seems to be impossible for me, haven't gotten under 34 on T1 and I'm barely in the 58's for T2. Eventhough the car is fun to drive on this track, I'm pretty much clueless on how to push it. :boggled:

Kinda reminds me of Week 3 (I think), with the little BMW at Rome. I was way off the pace on that one aswell. I have started to fear (dis)comfort tyres, eventhough those probably aren't the problem.

But yeah, maybe I'll get a clue if someone posts a T1 vid. :D

Let car coast to the apex. You have to be very smooth. It feels much slower but you will be much faster. When i first started out i hated those Bambi tires as well. Nowadays i love it. Aggressive driving will cost you dearly. Smooth weight shifting is key.

Yea, definitely need a t1 video. Or maybe someone upload a replay of a great t1 and them just idle through the rest of the lap

Yea, definitely need a t1 video. Or maybe someone upload a replay of a great t1 and them just idle through the rest of the lap
I found the Diamond method was best for turns 1 & 3. Turns 2 & 4 are the ones that killed me the most though. Best I can tell, there's plus or minus a full second in Turn 4 to be lost or gained. Maybe a full second plus or minus in Turns 1, 2 & 3 combined.

It doesn't even need to be a full lap, if someone just quit the track straight after T1 then saved the overall replay it should still be exportable and uploadable. They'd just need to make sure they didn't have a best lap showing on that run, as they would with the best lap replay method anyway.

It doesn't even need to be a full lap, if someone just quit the track straight after T1 then saved the overall replay it should still be exportable and uploadable. They'd just need to make sure they didn't have a best lap showing on that run, as they would with the best lap replay method anyway.

There we go.

@crowhop what's the diamond method?

If I had a video input for my PC, I could show everybody how not to do it :dunce:
Think I need to repaint my car, pretty sure the slightly textured finish of the matte paint is affecting the aerodynamics.
If I didn't chrome my car up, I wouldn't have broken the 59-second barrier. :lol:

Dennis @DTM your theory about t2 is probably right that make sense , :)

i will try to connect my phone on wifi tomorrow and hopefully i can get a t1 video up unless someone do it before me. :)

i need to format my computer nothing is working. :scared:

nice to see you running this week Ron! @Mr P
thx for uploading t1 :cheers:

im not used to browsing with the phone, take me ages to type :ill:

Worst thing about this week? I can spend an hour on it and not match my best time.

Best thing? I've submitted my lap and it was accepted.

It was an enjoyable two hours though.

Back