GTP_WRS Week 28 : Dodge Viper SRT 10 @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 208 comments
Welcome TA. Its great having another D1 driver to show us where we can make up time. 👍

Race Specifics:

• Your run must be done while being OFF LINE

Could anyone explain me this rule? It must be extra important as its written in red. I was just running some laps, and when I finally made a clean one, I got the popup that shows my ranking - then I thought, now you can see I been running it while being online - I pulled out my netcable before leaving the car. Then went to check if the record got recorded, and it didn't, so that's good.

But when I looked at the rankings - I saw other GTP'ers there and some of them was from today or yesterday. That made me wonder what the rule means. I would guess the rule is there, so others can't see your laptime, but it seems normal among those in the ranks. A clearification would be nice.

Oh no,i done it online, but sjaak sometimes i sign out ps3 don´t want to sing in me for few days.Can I be exception, i have very bad internet.
@monoha I was just testing car:tup:

That made me wonder what the rule means. I would guess the rule is there, so others can't see your laptime,

Correct,

I understand people forget to get offline once in a while.
We will take no measures to that, except when then the off line rule is serious neglected with also submission times.

So ,racers,take a little time to check the on line status.

Correct,

I understand people forget to get offline once in a while.
We will take no measures to that, except when then the off line rule is serious neglected with also submission times.

So ,racers,take a little time to check the on line status.

Ok, thanks :) But I guess you still want us to logon PSN when starting the game, so the replay contains the players PSN account name. I don't know the smart way of doing it, but I would pull out the cable just after I get on the track.

After first session

T1 0'25.395
T2 0'41.612

...:nervous:

And for those of us on wireless, we can keep grabbing thin air to break the signal! ;)

With off-line events, just don't go on-line at all, your tag isn't needed.

The best thing to do here, is set your auto sign in to off. If you want to race online, it will ask you to sign in. ;)

I had some laps here in 2 short separate sessions of maybe 15 laps each. Lots of messing about and hitting walls but a thoroughly enjoyable combo! Brilliant actually, wonder if I'll be saying the same come next Monday :lol:

I saw a T1 of 24.8 and a T2 on a different lap of 40.6. This track is so much better for me on G25 than it ever was on Sixaxis, so massive props to Timeattack for his blistering opening splits on Sixaxis. :cheers:

Will post proper splits soon.

All the best
Maz

Now this is more like it! Couldn't have chosen a more opposite challenge after the Mazda!

T1: 24.873
T2: 40.070

Seen much better T1's.

I'm sure the time will start melting away for all of us once we get to be consistent in the easy corners, and concentrate on tip-toeing through the less easy ones.

Last edited:
Board updated.

I don't know the smart way of doing it, but I would pull out the cable just after I get on the track.
What you can do is start the game normally, then when in the game push the big round button, sign off in the XMB, then hit that button again and resume the game 👍 (gee, must remember that myself more often :grumpy:)

I might have a wheel for the weekend yet, I may be able to put in some laps.:)

Edit: I am sucking really badly at this, but it is my first time on the track I suppose. (And in a Viper no less, with bumps at every apex)

Last edited:
Now this is more like it! Couldn't have chosen a more opposite challenge after the Mazda!

T1: 24.873
T2: 40.070

Seen much better T1's.

I'm sure the time will start melting away for all of us once we get to be consistent in the easy corners, and concentrate on tip-toeing through the less easy ones.

Out competing some D1 guys, very quick last week. You shouldn't be in D3:tup:

I can almost see how you're managing such fast splits, but at the moment this is the worst track I have ever driven, ever. It has bumps in all the worst imaginable places, blind approaches to corners that have nothing to use as a brake marker, horrible horrible.👎 I so far have a 40.8xx T2.

You call that slow?

:crazy:

Edit: So far I have checked three times that I was really using the right car.

Err yeah, of the posted D2 times so far I'm tied for last with that split and 0.8sec behind (on quite a short track mind you) the leader.:crazy: I really don't like this track, considering boycotting the whole week but I know I won't and I have to get at least a little better at the track.:yuck:

Err yeah, of the posted D2 times so far I'm tied for last with that split and 0.8sec behind (on quite a short track mind you) the leader.:crazy: I really don't like this track, considering boycotting the whole week but I know I won't and I have to get at least a little better at the track.:yuck:

That's only because I have not had a go at this yet. I have never driven London reverse, infact I have hardly ever driven London at all. I imagine the Viper is not the easiest car to control either. I am definitely going to struggle this week. :nervous:

That's only because I have not had a go at this yet. I have never driven London reverse, infact I have hardly ever driven London at all. I imagine the Viper is not the easiest car to control either. I am definitely going to struggle this week. :nervous:

Well, every so often I have a podium finish, the rest of the time I'm around mid-pack/close to the podium, but lately I've been very inconsistent which has me worried, I think I'm getting slower.:scared: I suppose somebody has to be around to come close to last every time.:lol: I'm also with you, this is my first time ever driving London Reverse.

You know, if any of these tracks are used for any license tests in the full GT5, we should all be able to gold them first try every time because of how much we've raced the GT5:P tracks.:lol: Has anyone noticed that the better turn 1 exit you get, and the bigger gap you pull on the ghost, the earlier you need to brake for turn 2 which nearly always lets your ghost catch right back up again? I swear I've been 0.3-0.4sec ahead after turn 1 alone many times, and never once held the gap through turn 2, although on occasion held a 0.1sec gap.:(

What are people using for a braking marker at turn 2? I don't want to use road markings because you're so close to the corner when you start braking and I don't want to be looking down when I start to turn in.:ouch: (Not to mention there doesn't seem to be any handy ones).

Lots to make up in T2, had a 40.8 at T2 off of a 25.4 at T1.

You will need throttle control with this, even on 3 I'm very hesitant.

Last edited:
I can almost see how you're managing such fast splits, but at the moment this is the worst track I have ever driven, ever. It has bumps in all the worst imaginable places, blind approaches to corners that have nothing to use as a brake marker, horrible horrible.👎 I so far have a 40.8xx T2.

I can't say my experience is the same, but then it is my home town ;) Watching the online replays of the fastest time trials, I thought that with this Viper the brake markers were far more stand-out than other combos I've tried at this track.

I can't wait to get back to this 👍

All the best
Maz

Gave this combo another spin in the afternoon but gained only about .1 at the finish line so I didn't bother to retrieve the splits ... seems like I reallllly don't like city tracks :lol:

So I reverted to building my Ferrari multicolour garage :cool: by ridding my final bronze medals out of my events list in which I finally succeeded :) now I only have 8 silvers to convert into gold left.

Board updated.

Back