GTP_WRS Week 31 : It Almost Feels Like A Race Car

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 354 comments
I'm gutted as I won't get another session :( My best splits combined would be .250 secs (over the whole lap) faster than my current ones... I'll have to submit my current lap and hope that noone appears with faster splits out of nowhere.

I think you might be alright :lol:

Unless @mcsqueegy is gonna run :)

Yes Fetchy will accept laps saved while not signed into PSN. We specifically looked into this because it seems like a ridiculous requirement to force people to be online while running offline TT's. 👍

Supposedly, PSN has had a distributed denial of service, which is why it is down

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/24/psn-ddos-hacked-battle-net-lizardsquad/

:|

Slow clap, congrats, etc to those who think this is a worthwhile exercise.....
Damn people with too much time on their hands. :mad:

1'14.524

Minutes ago, my submission was rejected. Bot wrote:

"Errors:
Transmission1 setting is invalid
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission3 setting is invalid
Transmission4 setting is invalid
Transmission5 setting is invalid
TorqueRear setting is invalid
AccelerationRear setting is invalid
BrakingRear setting is invalid

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums."

There is nothing I can do to fix this. Car was stock and tires were CS, so... just cancel this week's partcipation.

Daytona to make the trick now!

Last edited:
1'14.524

Minutes ago, my submission was rejected. Bot wrote:

"Errors:
Transmission1 setting is invalid
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission3 setting is invalid
Transmission4 setting is invalid
Transmission5 setting is invalid
TorqueRear setting is invalid
AccelerationRear setting is invalid
BrakingRear setting is invalid

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums."

There is nothing I can do to fix this. Car was stock and tires were CS, so...
If you've changed the wheels, the transmission gears will not be correct.

Suggest checking your B tab, and try reset to default. (particularly if the car was purchased pre-1.09 update). We've thoroughly tested it, and I can assure you it's not something we've done. It's something you've done with your car.

EDK
If you've changed the wheels, the transmission gears will not be correct.

Suggest checking your B tab, and try reset to default. (particularly if the car was purchased pre-1.09 update). We've thoroughly tested it, and I can assure you it's not something we've done. It's something you've done with your car.

No problem to cancel this EDK! I just wonder what happened. All stock on it and suspension was reset because Elise won before 1.09 as you said. I will try to gain entry by Daytona combo. Thanks for answering!

Reactions: EDK
No problem to cancel this EDK! I just wonder what happened. All stock on it and suspension was reset because Elise won before 1.09 as you said. I will try to gain entry by Daytona combo. Thanks for answering!

I swear I had to reset my transmission twice with my pre-1.09 car, I went through and reset everything twice infact and I saw the gearing graph lines move the 2nd time. Either that or I'd not had my daily dose by then.

If you do that and the LSD and then run a single lap (time is not relevant) and submit that, you'll know if you're good to go for a last hurrah before the deadline.

Clean enough?

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Never mind. Dirty later in the lap. T-T

It was only a 0.018 gain, but still. I keep losing 2-5 tenths through turns 2, 3, and 4, but gain a few back later. Don't know what to do anymore so I guess I'm done. :/

Last edited:
I swear I had to reset my transmission twice with my pre-1.09 car, I went through and reset everything twice infact and I saw the gearing graph lines move the 2nd time. Either that or I'd not had my daily dose by then.

If you do that and the LSD and then run a single lap (time is not relevant) and submit that, you'll know if you're good to go for a last hurrah before the deadline.

Thanks for the help Millross! I will remember next time to reset everything just to be sure!

I also had to reset my transmission twice. I got mad and replaced the car. It's pretty cheap.
Managed to shave 2 more tenths as the stock gears worked better in some turns (mainly the higspeed turn 5)

Had to scrap my best lap. changed balast balance but no weigh was added. But fetchy did not accept so had to summit a lap 3/10 slower

Had to scrap my best lap. changed balast balance but no weigh was added. But fetchy did not accept so had to summit a lap 3/10 slower
Yeah, we don't allow people to change the ballast slider to glitch the car into performing better.

No weight ware added, so the ballast had no effect at all. But rules is rules. :bowdown:
It might be a placebo, but what I'm saying is that moving the ballast position seems to make a difference in how the car handles, even without weight added. I acknowledge that it shouldn't, but raising the front of the car should not make it turn better, either.

Thought I should post this so the couple of hours I put in would show :)

1'13.851

I think I hit my wall so good luk everyone 👍
FYI: I'm running Auto Trans, I just have so much fun driving them like giant go-karts :lol:

Yes Fetchy will accept laps saved while not signed into PSN. We specifically looked into this because it seems like a ridiculous requirement to force people to be online while running offline TT's. 👍

Damn people with too much time on their hands. :mad:

Hey, I'm only reading through the Creation vs. Evolution Thread, I'm not harmi- oh, right. Hackers. I knew that. :dopey:

That's why I'm not driving much, too many blows to the forehead.

EDK
It might be a placebo, but what I'm saying is that moving the ballast position seems to make a difference in how the car handles, even without weight added. I acknowledge that it shouldn't, but raising the front of the car should not make it turn better, either.

[s]Seemed to work in GT5, I'm guessing it's the same in 6. Doesn't matter if it's a placebo or not, it works, at least for some.[/s]

PS: Sorry about the strike tags, I did warn you I had too much time on my hands. :lol:

Slower early, faster later. Tough lap to put together here, and I knew that from the qualifier. I think there's a lot left for me here, but not enough sessions to get there.

1:13.383

Didn't get much time in the Lotus this week. Most of my seat time was at Spa!

Here are my final splits. Submitted and accepted for 141 in a row!!!!

1'15.333

Last edited:
Great. My absolute best lap destroyd by PSN. Last corner i got kicked of PSN. And cant get back online. Typical.

I am very rarely logged into PSN when I do the time trials. It doesn't make much sense to me to be logged in and continually distracted by such and such just logged on or such and such just logged off, or you have a message from someone that wants you to come race with them, etc etc. Fetchy has never had a problem with my submissions if I run logged in or logged off.

Come to think of it, do we even get those messages anymore in GT6? I can't recall the last time I saw one!

Last edited:
Back