GTP_WRS Week 33 : RUF Road Ahead - 4WD Required

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 322 comments
Tried all different torque settings,and ride heights.
But all I gain with 1 setting in the first 2 sectors,will be lost in T3 and 4.
Strange..:odd:

Submitted and accepted. Suspect I'll slip down the order a bit as I didn't get as much time as I'd like but it was fun!

Last edited:
Submitted with splits from the board.
.16 left in T1,and half a tenth in T3.
Just not consistent enough these days..:banghead:
Good luck everyone

1'06.135

Almost half a second left, will try to find it at night!

Never had time to really get to grips with is one.. around .40.. of my target.. but thought I'd upload it anyway..

Accepted

1'06.693

Can't quite get the hang of this combo, my times are very poor for my division. (well I am a bit rusty, haven't driven a time trial in 2 months. :lol:)

New splits, (I'm nearing my limits)

1'07.833

No you are not, I have seen you race online. There are two ways to setup the car depending on your driving style:

1. Use brakes to turn the car:

significantly higher front than rear height (110/90 or so)
more forward torque split (35:65 or so)
strong rear bias (5/7 or even higher)

You'll be slow in the first part of the track but fast in the second half.

2. Use weight transfer to turn (releasing brakes initiates the turn)

slightly lower rake (100/90 or even less)
rear torque split (25:75 to 22:78 depending how good you are with throttle control)
balanced brakes 4/4 or 4/5

You'll be fast in first sector. Turn 1 is really easy when you gradually release brakes but your sector 3 and 4 will suffer.

Last edited:
Both torque split and brake balance can be adjusted during the second sector. Not me though, no buttons or hands available.

I just couldn't get any more in the banzai attempt - kept losing at least 2/10ths after T3.

Submitted and accepted with the times on the leaderboard, hoping that S4-S5 does the trick

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? I knew there were these RA functions but never used them.
I found a good compromise with 99/90, 24:76, 4/5 so if banzai runners don't go too crazy I might get my best ever result.

I'm thinkin this is legal?
2woxboz.jpg

That thin corner was my closest call trying to spool up for the home stretch. I thought it was good but I appreciate the feed back. I gaver one last gung ho but couldn't even scratch it. Gl all, 👍, Submitted and out. It's go-kart time :lol:

Back