GTP_WRS Week 4 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 125 comments
Right, this should be the correct one. That'll teach me for doing it in a rush before work.

Cheers

S

Attachments

• GTP_the_wilco WRS week 4.zip
    264.6 KB · Views: 10
Checked GTP_Horst replay -
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking! 👍 :)

PS: I'm too drunk this evening to check any more replays. Sorry. ;)

Congratulations to everyone who took part, especially the Division Winners 👍

As always, there are aliens among us :dopey:

My replay:

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 4 Replay PAL.rar
    260.8 KB · Views: 10
Dang Littlelefty go-karts? Good stuff :cheers:

Yah he's had a wheel in his hands (PC playing "SODA") since he was 4, I wish I had taken some pics showing him sitting on phone books and the foot peddles sitting on a stool so his short little legs could reach them.... lol

Looked and found nothing but green:

GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_ASH32
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_ginjaninja
gflagjn4.gif

These all check out fine. Nice laps gents!

GTP_DDiamond
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_LittleLefty
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Mustang71429
gflagjn4.gif

Can't really give advice, since I was only marginally faster than GTP_DDiamond. And while I didn't spend as much time with 2 wheels off as he did, I'd call my lap uglier. :yuck:

Also, DDiamond, you should name your .zip file correctly, instead of PS3.zip.

GTP_LittleLefty was super smooth, I wish I was playing this game at his age, instead of Contra on NES. :)

GTP_Mustang71429, also super smooth and I think I'll use your lap as ghost (if that's possible) to see where I could have done better. 👍

Last edited:
I've checked these replays:

GTP_Sidplayos2
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_pedrodaman
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Imalright
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_the_wilco - When I unzip your posted file, it contains a replay of WRS 1 for GTP_Munch?

Thanks for checking my replay mate 👍

GTP_cicua / cicua

Thanks for viewing my replay

Phillip.

Last edited:
These all check out fine. Nice laps gents!

GTP_DDiamond
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_LittleLefty
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Mustang71429
gflagjn4.gif

Can't really give advice, since I was only marginally faster than GTP_DDiamond. And while I didn't spend as much time with 2 wheels off as he did, I'd call my lap uglier. :yuck:

Also, DDiamond, you should name your .zip file correctly, instead of PS3.zip.

GTP_LittleLefty was super smooth, I wish I was playing this game at his age, instead of Contra on NES. :)

GTP_Mustang71429, also super smooth and I think I'll use your lap as ghost (if that's possible) to see where I could have done better. 👍

Thanks, Gravitron!

My first week in WRS, some really quick drivers here, I don't know how some of you do it! 👍

Here's my PAL replay for checking...

Attachments

• GTP_Burr-UK_Week_4_WRS.zip
    263.5 KB · Views: 10

I know right? Contra, RC Pro AM, Duck Hunt, Metal Gear back in the day. 👍

Congrats to the podiums. :cheers:

And thanks to all involved stewards for all the great work they are doing. 👍

GTP_Eneberg/maximus0743 with correct specs, clean and green.
gflagjn4.gif

And here's my PAL replay:

Attachments

• GTP_NielsG2_wrs4.zip
    262.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi All
Tried viewing Burr-uk and NielsG to verify but unable to open on my pc for some reason so they still need doing
All the best
ninja

As usual, here is my replay for verification

A few comments about the car/track combo and tips for improving times.

The track was unknown to me (and most people) but the driving line was fairly simple.
The car is an easy to drive FF car of about 120 BHP boosted by Spoon to about 150 BHP and I guess a few other mods to make it a better ride. Tires had very good grip, some corners were tough but not too much.

The key for a good lap time on such low powered cars is careful braking. You want to brake as little as possible so you can carry on as much speed as your line permits you. Because it was a hybrid car sometimes lifting off the gas (which brakes the car lightly to power back the battery) was more efficient than braking. Also opposite from FR/MR or some high powered cars, you shouldn't wait the car to get in straight line before you step on the gas. As soon as you reach the apex step on the gas, the track was wide enough to let you get away with this.

Should gave this one a bit more practice, but I was added into the registry at the end of the week, so I didn't get too much time.

Here's my NTSC replay:

Attachments

• WRS Week 4 Replay.zip
    262.4 KB · Views: 11
GTP_Apollo33 - 1'35.374
picture.php

GTP_MilleRSVR - 1'37.665
picture.php

GTP_el_loco - 1'34.820
picture.php

Clean Runs....visual specs correct!! Try and get more later!

Last edited:
Hi,
Can someone check my replay - post #49, I think it may have got lost in the posts...
Cheers

Clean Runs....visual specs correct!!

GTP_Cooljeffro - 1'35.316
picture.php

GTP_AudiTTS - 1'37.197
picture.php

GTP_RaceRyder - 1'36.389
picture.php

Last edited:
Back