GTP_WRS Week 52 : Focus on the Apex

• Thread starter EDK
  • 287 comments
EDK

Picked up a couple tenths in T3, while giving back a bit in the first 2 sectors.

Gonna submit this and go watch the Pats lose.

Disregard, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Hey now, easy with that. :P They are the only team I got left to root for. 👍 Besides, they are
up 14-0 right now so its looking good. 👍
Probably not doing much good for my concentration level, but I'm currently doing both, still trying to improve here AND watching the game. :dopey:
I fixed that for you, people sometimes don't want to find out where a game stands in a race thread.

Question. If I have already submitted a lap and I wish to submit a new one, do I need to do anything special or do I just submit as usual? In other words, when I submit my new lap, will my old one get cancelled/over-ridden automatically or do I need to have it canceled manually. Dumb question I know, but its the first time I've ran into this situation.

Question. If I have already submitted a lap and I wish to submit a new one, do I need to do anything special or do I just submit as usual? In other words, when I submit my new lap, will my old one get cancelled/over-ridden automatically or do I need to have it canceled manually. Dumb question I know, but its the first time I've ran into this situation.
Just submit as normal.

Just upload to the fetchy with a new lap in the same conservation

Alright, throwing in the towel and submitting with these splits.

Not entirely happy :mad: as I am leaving at least .050 in both of those sectors, not to mention the ton of time I was never able to grab in the last one. I did manage to improve by almost .200 at the line with my weekend marathon, but I know I am leaving a ton of time in that last sector. I fully expect to drop between 8th-10th place on the board because of it. :indiff: Got a busy day tomorrow so I doubt very much I'll have any time for a last minute run, so this is it. I gave it my all and then some. At almost 4,000 miles :crazy:, the tank is empty, I've got nothing left. :ill: I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way with their tips and advice, really appreciate it you guys. :bowdown: Also, thanks for putting up with my irritating ramblings the last few days. :embarrassed: As frustrating as this combo was at times, I gotta say it was the most fun I had here in a long time. :) Thanks again guys and good luck to those still chasing their goals. See you guys in the desert. :cheers:

@Gravitron I just started a new one and it got accepted. Thanks.

I'm don't remember my splits, but I know that they saw a small decrease, so I just submitted my time. I won't get any faster.

OMG!!!!!!!! :eek: I have just found the missing piece to the puzzle, I have found the Sacred Heart. :D If I can manage to string this thing together, aliens will be in trouble. :D :P :lol: :mischievous: (Easier said than done however :nervous:)

Seriously though, pretty sure I have figured out what I've been doing wrong in the chicane. Getting it consistently right though for further improvement is the challenge. Hell, I'm just happy my dumbass figured it out.....it only took almost 4,000 miles. :crazy: :rolleyes: :lol:

That's really an insane milage you ran,at least they paid off with very nice splits,well done :bowdown:
Just out of curiousity:do you use the same car from scratch or do you keep it at 0 miles by shutting the game down whilst you are still in arcade mode?
Reason I'm asking is that I still can't figure out the effect of losing body stiffnes in relation with the milage.

Submitted with these splits

Not very happy with T3 allso,discovered today there was .14 left there.
But as always couldn't string it all together.
I'm really getting to old for this..:ouch:

Last edited:
Sizeable improvement,

However, ffwd 3.5 hours and I get this:
oopscus.jpg

:yuck:

Would have been another chunk away. :banghead:

I experimented with BB earlier today. Futile. 7/8 was the only working one.

(still inferior, 2nd on arcade board)

Last edited:
Updated splits accepted. Not much faster but happy I was able to gain a little more during my last available session for this TT.

Not sure I got the right idea but "partially outside" does not make a difference in #52. So those wheels on the kerb are on track and that's the end of it.

Its just the way I explained it, going to submit it an see.

Submitted and accepted, fingers crossed

about .07 faster overall. leaving it at that now for some time travel.

Been a few hundredths faster through each of the sectors individually, but I think I'm done because this was a bit of a struggle to get...

... and, more importantly, the splits aren't rounded. :dopey:

Great job my friend, it was a privilege and honor to compete with you as well as the rest of the D1 guys last week. :bowdown: Its a week I will remember and cherish for a long time. Thank you.

Not sure I got the right idea but "partially outside" does not make a difference in #52. So those wheels on the kerb are on track and that's the end of it.
My submission looks about the same as that pic. The tires stay on the whole time, but they are on the ragged edge.

Starting to get the hang of manual gears. 💡 Still hit the limiter quite often and change up/down when I should change down/up, but definitely quicker than auto.
WHY DIDN'T I TRY THIS 4YRS AGO. :dunce:, AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHH 🤬 :banghead:

T1: 18.200
T2: 37.350
:gtpflag:
Glad it's working for you. 👍

Since you are not used to shifting, it will take a while to make it an ingrained habit. One tip is to get used to listening to the motor to know when to shift up. Downshifting is easier to keep track of, since you are normally doing it under braking.

Took one more shot. Improved splits, but not much overall because I gave it almost all back in T3! :irked:

Anyway, submitting with these.

Banzai - I needed some good news after the last 2 days

The last sector wasn't as fast as hoped, so it probably will be the slowest D2 time.

Too many miles, my hands are unbelievably sore from griping the wheel, not sure how much longer I can go. :indiff: My hands feel like lobster claws. :lol: Now I know a little bit of how those guys from the TV show "Deadliest Catch" feel like with their hurting hands. :crazy:

I found this combo pretty hard on my hands. I felt like I needed to grip the wheel really tight in the second sector. I can't imagine doing so many laps :bowdown:.

Back