GTP_WRS Week 6 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 172 comments
Thanks for checking! And yes, I spent nearly as much time checking that replay as I did running the event!

Sorry for the confusion, guys. I did not participate in this week's WRS. A couple weeks back when I was submitting for week 4, I accidentally put Week 6 in the subject instead of Week 4. I thought this would just be rejected but it somehow got into the Week 6 leaderboards. You'll see that my time is the same time I got on Week 4.

cooljeffro
Sorry for the confusion, guys. I did not participate in this week's WRS. A couple weeks back when I was submitting for week 4, I accidentally put Week 6 in the subject instead of Week 4. I thought this would just be rejected but it somehow got into the Week 6 leaderboards. You'll see that my time is the same time I got on Week 4.

Guess it wouldn't have been so confusing had the time not "made sense" right!? Thanks for clarifying!

_SHig

Sorry for the delay... NTSC Replay Attached

Attachments

• GTP_DrWatson_WRS_Week6.zip
    273.1 KB · Views: 8
Eventually sorted out my issues with being able to watch replays From what I have seen it's clean, came close to some walls in sector 3 though.

Maybe try not to be so aggressive in the turns as there is a lot of smoke on this lap, try to be a bit smoother through the turns and your times will improve. Hope this helps

GTP_Sidplayos2
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking 👍

Yeah, I got over the top of the car a few times there and the chicane. I also turn off the music in the replays and listen from both the cockpit view and the behind view for any 'thuds', and check the datalogger for any 'dips' in the speed that would indicate a touch. You would have seen my previous lap record (1:36.191) was faster then my submitted 1:36.346 in that replay, but I discarded that one and went with this one because it was just too close to call.

I always seem to do this when I'm chasing a ghost because I feel I have to 'catch up' to it. So I get a bit to hard on the throttle, when I'm smooth on the gas the ghost always seems to pull away a car length or so. Do you think I'm just getting on the gas too hard alltogether, or is it more because my line is perhaps a bit wrong that I get on the gas too hard to compensate?

Last edited:
How? I've never been able to find this option.

You can change such items in the options, under audio.
I have all music off at all times, including menus.

I was wondering why I could never hear the horns while in the items list............ they were turned off.

Thanks for checking 👍

Yeah, I got over the top of the car a few times there and the chicane. I also turn off the music in the replays and listen from both the cockpit view and the behind view for any 'thuds', and check the datalogger for any 'dips' in the speed that would indicate a touch. You would have seen my previous lap record (1:36.191) was faster then my submitted 1:36.346 in that replay, but I discarded that one and went with this one because it was just too close to call.

I always seem to do this when I'm chasing a ghost because I feel I have to 'catch up' to it. So I get a bit to hard on the throttle, when I'm smooth on the gas the ghost always seems to pull away a car length or so. Do you think I'm just getting on the gas too hard alltogether, or is it more because my line is perhaps a bit wrong that I get on the gas too hard to compensate?

In my opinion it is down to your braking, turn 1 for example is where you probably cost yourself 2 or 3 tenths. You break to late and thats what causes you to throw the car into the turn resulting in all the tire spin, smoother through there would have seen you with a far better split time at T1.

This is just a suggestion and not to be taken personally, but I noticed at the hairpin just after sector 1 you were using the handbrake, my advise would be not to use it as that corner also looked to have cost you some time. I know Josh used it but to be fair he is a lot better driver than most of us including myself. It takes a fair bit of skill to pull off what Josh did even though it might not look like it. I didn't use the handbrake myself as I know it is not an easy skill to get right.

You will easily improve on your times if you take note and brake earlier, might sound stupid now, but for a track like Monaco for example it is all about exit speed, and living dangerously close to the walls.

Hope this information helps you with trimming your times down 👍

In my opinion it is down to your braking, turn 1 for example is where you probably cost yourself 2 or 3 tenths. You break to late and thats what causes you to throw the car into the turn resulting in all the tire spin, smoother through there would have seen you with a far better split time at T1.

To add to this a bit, it is always a good idea to concentrate on the exits out of corners that lead onto "long" straight and try to get the speeds there as high as possible.

Circuit_Monaco.svg

In the case of Monaco that would mean Sainte Devote, Portier and, to a lesser extent, Antony Noghes. Try to brake early so that you can get early on the throttle. That will result in higher speeds for a longer time.

I often find myself concentrating too much on high apex speeds at meaningless points on the track such as Grand Hotel Hairpin or Rascasse

To add to this a bit, it is always a good idea to concentrate on the exits out of corners that lead onto "long" straight and try to get the speeds there as high as possible.

Circuit_Monaco.svg

In the case of Monaco that would mean Sainte Devote, Portier and, to a lesser extent, Antony Noghes. Try to brake early so that you can get early on the throttle. That will result in higher speeds for a longer time.

I often find myself concentrating too much on high apex speeds at meaningless points on the track such as Grand Hotel Hairpin or Rascasse

Thanks for the helpful diagram, not very good at remembering the names of corners even though I watch F1 and other motorsports 👍

@ GTP_Sidplayos2

I forgot to mention the fact that when driving 4WD cars, the most important thing is overall exit speed. Thats why its better to brake early

omg that sounds exatly why I'm always off-pace at monaco... I pay way too much attention to apex speed. eye-opener++

It looks like my replay has been missed also, it's back on Page 3. Please can someone check it.:)

Gtp_ash32
gflagjn4.gif

It's clean, had to check the chicane a few times as you were very close to dropping inside but looks fine to me good lap 👍

I think this has something to do with it. Always in the back of my mind that "I must get onto the straight as fast as possible". Maybe I try a little too fast though :dunce:

@GTP_Plato
No Offesne taken, appreciate the little tips and any constructive criticism.
Although I didn't use the handbrake, since I can't map that on the G27. I simulated it instead with the rear brake bias and a quick counter steer. But I get what you are saying, and I am learning that by watching the leaders replays there is no reason to go close to the walls at all. For some reason I think I can increase my exit speed by going as close to the wall as possible to cut off the angle for the next up coming corners. I think the other difference I see is that you fast guys come off the throttle, then straight back on and once your on the throttle that's it. With me I am always making some adjustments on/off the throttle mid corner, this is what I need to address. It is as though my stering inputs are slightly incorrect.

Thanks for the input guys.

Gtp_ash32
gflagjn4.gif

It's clean, had to check the chicane a few times as you were very close to dropping inside but looks fine to me good lap 👍

I know, I had a few laps that I cut too much and were dirty, but I was pretty sure this one was clean. Thanks for checking.👍

Here is my replay for week 6. Sorry about the delay, started a new job, plus I lost my USB drive. :cheers:

Attachments

• GTP_Shigegaki_Week6.zip
    273.9 KB · Views: 8
Here is my replay for week 6. Sorry about the delay, started a new job, plus I lost my USB drive. :cheers:

GTP_Shigegaki - 1'37.472
picture.php

Congrats on the gold! Nice smooth lap. Some close calls with the walls, but no touches I could see.
If you're looking for advice, I couldn't get close to your time, but the faster replays I watched were just less "cautious" than us :scared:.

Thanks Gravi, I had to check it with photo just to make sure. But some others got unlucky in the same spots.

Back