GTP_WRS Week 82 : Fujiception

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 139 comments
Thanks Randy, I've always loved Fuji in all the GT games, I don't get what's NOT to like about it. It's great for close racing online.

Fetchy has been fixed, so anyone who tried submitting should please try again. 👍

One thing I've found so far is that the torque and HP drop off quickly at 7500rpm, and you can see the acceleration dropping in the speedometer between 7500 and 8000, so I think slight short-shifting will be the way to go. Perfect week for more experimentation with manual @nursemorph, as the auto tranny waits till 8k to shift. :) Probably only worth a tenth or two over the lap, I'm guessing.

Just changed the BB to 5/4 with no suspension tune and the new splits.

Thanks @Gravitron for the combo, haven't had much fun on this track since the revenge of the hybrid TT.

Time submited to fetchy, gonna use suspension tune tomorrow.

I can't get the dumb old rat to stop looking at the first split :banghead:

Mike I thought you may have jumped to next gen, PC or something like that, glad your back.

I totally gave up trying to glance at T1 because I kept messing up the next turn. I've not had any better luck trying to take a look at T2 either. It may be best that I don't know when I'm on a good lap until I have completed it. :drool:

I totally gave up trying to glance at T1 because I kept messing up the next turn. I've not had any better luck trying to take a look at T2 either. It may be best that I don't know when I'm on a good lap until I have completed it. :drool:

:lol: I know what you mean.You don't want to know how many laps I've ruined whilst looking at T2 split when it's a blue one :lol:.
Especialy at Fuji F. Very tricky point for a sector split.
:cheers:

I think I'll skip this week... I say we let the d1b and below drivers fight it out this week, to let one of them get a shot at an overall win, without having to try and beat an alien.

All I can say after trying to tune and run a good lap multiple times is that I am horrible at tuning. :lol:

Lovely track without the hated chicane :) but I don't quite follow why people like this car so much. Still a nice challenge at a track I must have lapped a 1000 times.

Yeey not even last on the board.

Got a new DS3 controller. Just a tickle on the right stick spins the wheels, a tickle on the left stick in either direction left or right for understeer then oversteer, half a second slower everywhere. Oh dear :banghead:

I think I'll skip this week... I say we let the d1b and below drivers fight it out this week, to let one of them get a shot at an overall win, without having to try and beat an alien.
Bad idea.:irked: I want to have a good finish but not because you purposely sit it out so I can have a better finish. I enjoy trying to beat you outright.👍

All I can say after trying to tune and run a good lap multiple times is that I am horrible at tuning. :lol:

I had pretty good luck with very basic MiniStiggy's special tune:

Ride height - start with 80/80. Once you are comfortable with the car and the track raise the front a bit and lower the rear (85/75 for example). Keep doing this until the car becomes too unstable and slides too much for your liking.
Minimum spring rates
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.0/0.0

Last edited:
I had pretty good luck with very basic MiniStiggy's special tune:

Ride height - start with 80/80 and once you are comfortable with the car and track raise the front a bit and lower the rear (85/75 for example). Keep doing this until the car just becomes too unstable and slides too much for your liking.
Minimum spring rates
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.0/0.0
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks Mike. :)

Back