GTP_WRS Week 82 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 81 comments
Note that Joao was really only a hair's breadth from the calculated D1 time, anyway.

And that's what gets me. How is the calculated time figgured?

Look at this line:

Division 2: Par: 1'30.609 Gold: 1'30.928

The best time by a Division 2 driver was 1'31.030. So I understand this to mean that Marc did not achieve the calculated Gold time for Division 2. I must be reading something wrong or be totally off base here. Come to think of it, Par to me is a score that is very attainable with a reasonable amount of skill and persistance. But here it seems very unobtainable by even the best in the respective divisions. The only one to reach par for their division was you, and you had to drive at a Div2 level to reach that.

What am I missing here?

Congrats to all that ran this combo and parted with the not so astronomical amount of money to obtain this wonderful little car! Great battle up there in D2! I am very dissapointed with my result. With the 2000 + KM's I spent on this combo you would think I would have been more competative! No replay needed for me this week :(

If practice today was any indication tomorrows races are going to be a blast! Happy Birthday 3D3 and wishing you many more years of clean, fun racing!!!!!!

Al

1---1'30.617---GTP_UsualSuspect
user118395pic1573412914.gif

One close call right after the T1 split, but the rest was easy to check. Great lap.👍

Great run Joao. Real close setting up for the first left in T2, about an inch of track left on the inside of the right rear, but a perfect run.

Just had a quick look at my replay before uploading it. My front right tire is half a width past the red n whites on the right of the first chicane. :ouch: Not sure why I didn't catch it the first time through but could someone go ahead and red flag me this week? Can't seem to do it from the Android app.

Sorry for this. I'll be sure to check more carefully in the future. :nervous:

Just had a quick look at my replay before uploading it. My front right tire is half a width past the red n whites on the right of the first chicane. :ouch: Not sure why I didn't catch it the first time through but could someone go ahead and red flag me this week? Can't seem to do it from the Android app.

Please post the replay, and someone will be glad to do that for you if it's dirty.

I'll get my replay up in the morning, I'm stuck at the shop with a lot to do... This is what the result of my first NASCAR weekend looked like (after a day and half in the shop already):

Got some work to do!

Running one of these is a LOT different than the Formula Fords I'm used to!! ( yes, that is a massive understatement :))

I'll get my replay up in the morning, I'm stuck at the shop with a lot to do... This is what the result of my first NASCAR weekend looked like (after a day and half in the shop already):

Got some work to do!

Running one of these is a LOT different than the Formula Fords I'm used to!! ( yes, that is a massive understatement :))
Awesome photo! Are you a mechanic/driver?

Awesome photo! Are you a mechanic/driver?

Crew chief on the left one. They are Nascar Canadian Tire cars (07 and 90) and I'm just starting in stock cars after many years in formula cars, a new world!

Had a similar thing happening, before submitting my time I checked my replay and then saw something I did not before when checking: at the start, just before the first curve, my front wheel comes of the 'advertising boards' just before turning in.... As there was no time to try to do it over and get a clean, I did not submit because of this.

Had 5 minutes to get this done and the %^&* PS3 wanted an update :banghead: Now I'm late...

Attachments

• GTP_pilmat WRS Week 82.zip
    268.9 KB · Views: 13

Then that means that half of it is still on the rumbles, no? You should be ok, then.

Lefty, I didn't check my speed at the end of the lap but I too was somewhat dumbfounded at the reference to 130mph at the line. The best I could muster was 127 myself, so don't feel too bad. Even if I was 3mph slower at the line, I still had the fastest T1 split time.

During the Academy challenge, I watched Tidgney's replay and comentary on getting a fast lap at Motegi. He said if your a couple of MPH down at the start line, don't worry about. It's not that important. Getting through that first turn, carrying enough speed through it and getting a good launch off of it is much more vital to a good lap.

I think the same can be said here. Getting through the first chicane and that first right hander after, was much more important than a few MPH at the line.

Now if you are one of those that drive multiple laps consecutively, I think a good run through the esses could yield 130MPH at the line if you were willing to do a little curb jumping and grass mowing, sacrificing the lap to a better speed at the line.

Thanks Con :) I kind of thought that also about the not so important thing, I was wondering if my controls are giving me WFO when I want. I tried everything to go faster at the line because that generally tells you that everything before it was also fast so it was a cause and effect thing that I look for in sorting out the car or if a line is faster.

@pilmat 👍 great reality your dealing with, I hope your pinching your self every morning when you wake up. Good luk with the paint trading.

LeftyWright69
@pilmat 👍 great reality your dealing with, I hope your pinching your self every morning when you wake up. Good luk with the paint trading.

Cheers :) It's pretty special to get to do what I am fortunate enough to be good at. And I do appreciate the confidence others place in me, especially the drivers and team owners!

One close call right after the T1 split, but the rest was easy to check. Great lap.👍

Great run Joao. Real close setting up for the first left in T2, about an inch of track left on the inside of the right rear, but a perfect run.

Thanks Viper and Ron 👍

Racingworld68
Had a similar thing happening, before submitting my time I checked my replay and then saw something I did not before when checking: at the start, just before the first curve, my front wheel comes of the 'advertising boards' just before turning in.... As there was no time to try to do it over and get a clean, I did not submit because of this.

Wish I had seen before submitting too but it was a rush job for me on this one. I should know better.

segovia
Then that means that half of it is still on the rumbles, no? You should be ok, then.
Actually no. The inside of the tire is a half past the outside of the rumbles. I will post it a bit later tonight so I can get the official verdict.

It was still fun regardless. :D

Hmm...double post but replay is now here. :)

Attachments

• WRS 82 - GTP_DigitalBaka - NTSC.zip
    270.7 KB · Views: 12
Sorry Gayle, but DB already admitted that he thinks his replay is dirty on the exit of the first chicane. Would you have time to re-check?

Sorry Gayle, but DB already admitted that he thinks his replay is dirty on the exit of the first chicane. Would you have time to re-check?
Sure! I'll recheck a little later, but it did look very close on the 1st turn, if that what is referred to as the "chicane". I wasn't going to check any replays because of the debates over the restrictions on this one.

Ron:
Thanks for taking me off the hook on DigitalBaka's replay. I'll look at it again out of curiosity.

Ron:
Thanks for taking me off the hook on DigitalBaka's replay. I'll look at it again out of curiosity.

No problem Gayle. If you could go in and edit your previous post to remove the green flag, we should be hunky dory.

If you're curious, freeze the replay at 0:05.050. Go to photo mode, front of the car, press x, and get real low looking under the right front tire.

Last edited:
3---1'31.197---GTP_GREEN
rflagnv1.gif

Two tires off the tarmac, not in an approved exception section.

Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg

Back