GTP_WRS Week 88 : Wrong Way!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 159 comments
@Mr P bite points?? I've just been holding it wide open over each curb. If I can find time, I'm going to try out different things, I didn't do much of a session and I've already submitted this week in case I can't get back to it.

Now if only we can get a feline with sleeping attire to run this. :mischievous:

@Mires I was using 1/6 for most of the session....tried 1/9 as someone else had found that useful but it was slowing me down for some reason.

@Thematic Yeah, I will give it another go as I am not one to give up but am not expecting any improvements...the session was quite short for me at only 37 miles run but I was getting fed up of the slow times and the regular wall hitting! It's not so much how long I run for but more that I just can't see where I am losing all the time....I am assuming some of it is being lost with using the auto gearbox but I can't imagine it's all of it...which means I am fundamentally driving the car completely wrong and have no idea how to fix it. I wouldn't mind if I knew what was wrong but was just too slow to improve but to know something is very wrong and not know how to fix it is extremely frustrating :banghead:

Lap submitted and accepted, though I can't express how embarrassed I feel about the lap...and I'm done for this week. Gave it another go today and I am even slower than I was yesterday...no idea what I'm doing with this car and how to go faster..every time I tried to go faster through corners, I just hit the wall on the exit. It seems that my limited skill at driving cars in this game doesn't extend to the Mini..which is a shame as I usually enjoy FF cars. Oh well, good luck to everyone for the rest of the week

This is really frustrating me, i can't figure out where I'm losing so much time in t1!

Happy with t2 and t3 when they come together nicely but even my best t1 is still in the 28's somehow.

Lap submitted and accepted, though I can't express how embarrassed I feel about the lap...and I'm done for this week. Gave it another go today and I am even slower than I was yesterday...no idea what I'm doing with this car and how to go faster..every time I tried to go faster through corners, I just hit the wall on the exit. It seems that my limited skill at driving cars in this game doesn't extend to the Mini..which is a shame as I usually enjoy FF cars. Oh well, good luck to everyone for the rest of the week

This happens to everyone (maybe not aliens in D1G) eventually: Some weeks you are way off pace. Don't think much about it and certainly don't let it get to you, there will also be weeks when you are faster than usual 👍

Next session over, didnt find any time, but definitely found my paint chip :D

London_2.jpg

the Maziora Plreiades (yup, that one with a typo :D )

Attachments

• London.jpg
    London.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11
  • London_1.jpg
    London_1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 9
  • London_3.jpg
    London_3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 9
  • London_5.jpg
    London_5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
  • London_6.jpg
    London_6.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
  • London_7.jpg
    London_7.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
  • London_8.jpg
    London_8.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
  • London_9.jpg
    London_9.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 9
Volvodriver and nursemorph as mr_labrat says use the curbs at London, I religiously cut turns 1, 2 and 3 and the final turn using the curbs and skim as close as possible without contact and after a while it will become pretty natural you should find a good rhythm after a few attempts with faster exit speeds and the split times will be much better 👍 manual gears would definitely help for gearing up to 4th early for the left hand sweeper after T1 and a few other places too.. Keep at it and Good luck! :cheers:

forgot to say i was running with default brakes 5/5 👍

Wow, that looks cool Mires.

I repaint the car after each session so my leaderboard looks like Skittles :)
For the online race it will likely be my traditional traffic cone paint scheme (Arancio Atlas orange with white roof and wheels).

Question regarding curbs: The OP says hard surfaces are track, so does that mean the concrete is track? I'm slightly confused. :lol:

I don't think the leadearboad script will pick those up. Please post your splits including the thousandths -

xx.xxx
yy.yyy
Ups! Sorry.

I have made the following split times with Tthe Braking Balance set to 1/6:

I believe that I go those lap splits... I'm not really sure. But I know that the Sector 1 was 28.6 seconds and that the Sector 2 was 46.2 seconds.

Back