GTPlanet & GTChannel Host "PlaySeat Challenge" in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 87 comments
Wow, you did cut that close... but you made it and I see your entry, msgt. :)

Thanks to all of you who sent in a time. We'll begin verifying the top qualifiers now and I'll be contacting you all shortly via private message here with information on our first practice event, which will take place tomorrow at 7:00pm Eastern time (4pm Pacific).

At first glance, it looks like all of our top qualifiers are within 4-tenths of a second of one another. This is going to be an awesome race! :D

Wow, you did cut that close... but you made it and I see your entry, msgt. :)

Thanks to all of you who sent in a time. We'll begin verifying the top qualifiers now and I'll be contacting you all shortly via private message here with information on our first practice event, which will take place tomorrow at 7:00pm Eastern time (4pm Pacific).

At first glance, it looks like all of our top qualifiers are within 4-tenths of a second of one another. This is going to be an awesome race! :D
Nooooo!!! I will be at work. :(

OK, here's our list of the top 10 qualifiers. Congratulations to you all!
  1. @z06fun (z06fun) 1:34.724
  2. @EpicGonzago (ATW_Hero) 1:34.871
  3. @carracerptp (carracerptp) 1:34.891
  4. @gatordaryl (gatordaryl) 1:34.944
  5. @redsoxboy80 (redsoxboy80) 1:34.958
  6. @dgaf95integra (GTP_Importlife) 1:34.961
  7. @Speeder005 (Speeder005) 1:34.994
  8. @msgt-sd (msgt-sd) 1:35.072
  9. @gt_adam_us (GT_ADAM_US) 1:35.086
  10. @VindictiveScrub (VindictiveScrub) 1:35.112
Congratulations also to our five alternates, who just missed the top 10 but may still be invited to the race should any of the top 10 players be unavailable.
  1. @K1utch (GTP_K1UTCH) 1:35.157
  2. @LVracerGT (LVracerGT) 1:35.186
  3. @ptslopoke (ptslopoke) 1:35.287
  4. @LoCoArMeN (TRC_LoCoArM3N) 1:35.296
  5. @VELOCI_2NR (VELOCI_2NR) 1:35.414
Nooooo!!! I will be at work. :(
I'm very sorry, I don't see a time entered in your account profile here. :(

Guys the 1st post has been updated with the totally original:sly: combo that you'll be racing. 👍

Would have been nice to use Bathurst, especially so you could show us how it's done without silly red-lap fear, but it's too buggy online. This was the next best alternative.

_____________________________________________________________________​

wrs-oe_3d3_online-events-3-png.104984

Apricot-Hill-Raceway_3-638x358.jpg

Memorial Day - Monday May 26, 2014

Lounge Open for Pre-race Practice
2:00 PM Pacific / 5:00 PM Eastern / 21:00 GMT / Check Local

Qualification Start Time
3:00 PM Pacific / 6:00 PM Eastern / 22:00 GMT / Check Local

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (stock, no oil) @ Apricot Hill Raceway
car_nissan_fairlady_z_z34_08.jpg
track_apricot_hill_raceway.jpg

I posted my time on my phone... Wow...
That's why I posted this. To make sure you got it.

Sorry to hear about that...do you remember if you clicked the "Save" button after adding the time?

It would have been nice if we'd had time to tend to this thread and actually acknowledge submissions as they came in, but honestly we were pretty busy just working out the details for the race.

We'll discuss what to do about this. Stay tuned.

@Adventuruss will be added as an 11th man in the race. 👍 Verified in-game his 1'34.928 (84th overall) and clear intent to submit with no response from us.

Whether it was your error or the internet's, it seems you did try in earnest to confirm that your time had been received. 👍

Good luck on Monday, gents! :cheers:

----
A couple notes on racing this combo:

• The practice sessions that will be announced are important. If you make no effort to show and then have connection problems the day of the race, we have to assume it's your connection.
  • Join the room as early as possible during practice sessions and on Race Day to work out any connection issues.
  • Online races add fuel weight so your best laps will be slower than your Time Trial times.
  • Fuel/Tire wear on Fast over 18 laps will use ~25% of your tires and ~75% of your fuel. Pits aren't needed but smooth driving will be rewarded.
  • Draft at Weak will allow some Turn 1 side-by-side action. Note the linked OLR rules regarding blocking and let's keep it clean in this difficult situation.

Just like in real racing, let's put on a good show for the crowd! :cheers:

Glad to see you back msgt-sd. You going to run the final round? You should qualify easily for the finals.

So looking at the track boundary info, says red/white rumples are track but they are other colors here at Apricot hill right?

Glad to see you back msgt-sd. You going to run the final round? You should qualify easily for the finals.

So looking at the track boundary info, says red/white rumples are track but they are other colors here at Apricot hill right?

There are some that are all white, and those are legal too.

I didn't realize I was an alternative until now, does that mean people have to drop out of the top 10 to make the race?

I didn't realize I was an alternative until now, does that mean people have to drop out of the top 10 to make the race?
That's correct, whether it be that they can't make the race on Monday, or they have consistent connection problems in the practices, or other "unfortunate events".

Back