GTRead: Fan-made Gran Turismo Magazine [Read post #69]

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 87 comments

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
Project Closed - Read post #69.

Hello Everyone. A few years ago, GTPlanet user @Schwadegan created a magazine dedicated to GT. It was just amazing. I was inspired to make another one but primarily focused on Gran Turismo 6 this time. And since another magazine idea did not seem to take off, I created this one: GTRead.

Here are previews showing some of what's been done already.​

Interesting in giving hand as a writer, photographer, or anything else? Let me know.

upload_2014-12-17_20-28-29.png

Last edited:
Nice idea. 👍 You know, I could probably write my own book about my life experiences with GT. :crazy: I could call it, "GT5-6: A Ratts Life" :lol: The road has been a long and interesting one, full of twists and turns, hills and valleys. :crazy: :lol: Anyways, good luck with the project, look forward to reading. :cheers:

Great idea and great initiative, I would definitely like to give you a hand if you need it! 👍

Mind if i contribute as a writer/photographer?

Although i may not be able to test/talk about the new cars/features thanks to the lack of home internet :(

Nonetheless, an all-rounded brilliant idea. 👍

Last edited:
Errr... I'll take the lead for "our team" here, and say @jus1029 and a group of writers have been working on publishing a magazine for almost a year now. This isn't to take anything away from this project, but rather to say we have very solid foundations if anyone wishes to inquire Justin any further about what we're doing. :)

Wow @Ameer67 this sure looks good. How much time have you spent already?

One article (about 500 or so words) took me about 2-3 days.

hsv
Errr... I'll take the lead for "our team" here, and say @jus1029 and a group of writers have been working on publishing a magazine for almost a year now. This isn't to take anything away from this project, but rather to say we have very solid foundations if anyone wishes to inquire Justin any further about what we're doing. :)

A year. Wow. Have you guys kept this private or made it public and let everyone know you guys were up to something? I looked up "magazine" in the search bar and didn't find anything other than @DaxCobra's idea.

To everyone who wants to contribute, I'll let you guys know later today what's going to happen.

A year. Wow. Have you guys kept this private or made it public and let everyone know you guys were up to something? I looked up "magazine" in the search bar and didn't find anything other than @DaxCobra's idea.

To everyone who wants to contribute, I'll let you guys know later today what's going to happen.
It's a private thing. We even replied to DaxCobra's thread! :P

So there's 2 magazines out there unknown to the masses? :D

Well I wouldn't say this one is really "unknown" since I put it out there right away that I plan on making a magazine. The other one (by @jus1029 and @hsv) has just been told to the public and has been worked on for a year in secret.

Well, looking forward to both! Are any of you planning to insert championship reviews/standing or anything like that at all?

OK, to those interested in helping:

Post your ideas here!!! Submit your photos and/or articles to me in a private message.

Hey @Ameer67 , are there any chances of GT6-based car reviews being featured?
Haha that's just what I was working on last night! It's a car review but with a twist.

upload_2014-12-20_8-28-50.png

So, anyone have any car recommendations? Thanks to @Mini Stiggy also for bringing up the car review idea to me.

@Ameer67, would it be possible for me to take part in this project as a writer??

Yep. Any ideas you have post them here. Articles and photos, PM them to me.

Back