Horizon Zero DawnPS4 

Some more thoughts, this time the negatives.

The main voice actor is probably the weakest part of the main cast, at least so far. She is OK but others are much more convincing.

I understand why the game runs at 30fps, but it does hurt the game quite a bit. I hope by PS5 30fps will be a thing of the past (at least give an option of 1080p@60 or 4k@30 when the new consoles release).

That cocky boy yelling in fear at the end of the Proving was annoying as ... you know what.

I have just got to that bit. I know what you mean and I am glad he got silenced :lol: I don't know why she tried to cover him to safety after the way he treated her!

All the narrative so far is very clear and guides you through the story at least. She is fine to me, although I only play a little at a time for thirty minutes to an hour every day, which is just enough for me as I have all the other games to fit in somehow. The photo modes delay me and it does take me while to work through any game. ;)

Wait wait wait

You didn’t like Ashly Burch’s voice acting?
I think she is pretty inconsistent so far. Most of the time she sounds believable, but some lines sound like she is just reading it from the script with little emotion. Most other main voice actors sound more consistent, but maybe it’s because they have fewer lines. It’s just I was playing through Uncharted games now and Nolan North as Drake sounds convincing all the way through each game, so maybe that’s why I’m being so critical.

I didn't know anything about her so I just looked her up on youtube.
I suggest you don't do it unless you are in a position to not be judged for spending quite some time staring at a screen giggling to yourself :lol: she's hilarious :bowdown:
Try playing Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Pre-sequel with her quipping away while you're trying to fight off monsters and baddies - more than once I've been clobbered or missed other dialogue because I was laughing too much.

Try playing Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Pre-sequel with her quipping away while you're trying to fight off monsters and baddies - more than once I've been clobbered or missed other dialogue because I was laughing too much.
I'll be doing that very thing, they're definitely going in my 'to play' queue :cheers:

Edit; Oh goody they're conveniently bundled together in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection :)

Last edited:
...Edit; Oh goody they're conveniently bundled together in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection :)
A good price on PSN presently too, all DLC included and enough material to keep you busy for roughly a billion hours. They're big games - enjoy and give a shout if you need any help.

A good price on PSN presently too, all DLC included and enough material to keep you busy for roughly a billion hours. They're big games - enjoy and give a shout if you need any help.
:eek: £8.99, It'd be rude not to at that price .... Amazon order cancelled :gtpflag:thanks :cheers:

She also voiced Chloe in Life is Strange and Cricket in Fallout 4.
I liked her in Life Is Strange, think she did better in that role. Anyway, she is quite decent in this game too.

On another note, just found out what All-Mother is all about. Ha! Many years into the future and people are still the same - willing to believe in nonesense. I guess it’s easier that way.

I liked her in Life Is Strange, think she did better in that role. Anyway, she is quite decent in this game too.

On another note, just found out what All-Mother is all about. Ha! Many years into the future and people are still the same - willing to believe in nonesense. I guess it’s easier that way.
Indeed and there's a lot of old nonsense throughout the game that they still fall for.

Finally got around to beating this game. I bought it about a week after it released, and played it here and there. Other games have kind of pulled me away from it, but finally decided to finish it, especially after TFW DLC released. So I want to get that started after I beat the main story line. I put it on Story Mode difficulty just so I can speed things along a lot quicker. I think I have put around 40 hours into it now. I know there's a lot of side things I need to do but I can slowly work on them at a later date.

Last edited:
Some more thoughts, this time the negatives.

The main voice actor is probably the weakest part of the main cast, at least so far. She is OK but others are much more convincing.

I understand why the game runs at 30fps, but it does hurt the game quite a bit. I hope by PS5 30fps will be a thing of the past (at least give an option of 1080p@60 or 4k@30 when the new consoles release).

That cocky boy yelling in fear at the end of the Proving was annoying as ... you know what.
As far as I'm aware it is 30 fps on PS4 Pro as well which makes no sense to me. Surely they should just have unlocked the framerate and let the Pro chuck as many frames about as it can.

Been playing this for a couple of weeks.

A stunning world, truly beautiful. Loading times are annoying and I wish Aloy could light up something so I don't fall off ledges in cauldrons and lose progress...

I'm going to necro this thread as I've just completed my first playthrough - took me six months to do mind.

All I can say is... wow, wow, and wow again.

It leaves pondering what game should I play next that gives you the a similar emotional connection to the main character.

I know the thread is kinda forgotten but I wanted to share a video I made showcasing the world of the game. I've been working on it for a while, so if you loved the game and want to revisit its beautiful places, this is a video for you.

Probably not something PS4 players would be interested in but I think it belongs in this thread anyway.

Horizon Zero Dawn rumored to be coming to PC this year
https://www.pcgamer.com/horizon-zero-dawn-PC/

There’s been murmurings and rumours about this for well over a year. It’s only just now that the tech and gaming press have latched onto it.

In fact it’s been suggested that a number of PS4 exclusives are on their way to the PC - Spider-Man for instance.

The only thing that makes me think this is more likely to get a PC release than any other PS4 first party exclusive is that Death Stranding, which shares HZD's Decima engine, is getting a PC release. I could picture Sony looking at the rate at which sales have slowed and coming to the conclusion that they'd make an absolute killing with not much development cost if they applied most of the same porting work to HZD.

It's happening. And it's a day one purchase for me, again.

PlayStation Blog: Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?

Herman Hulst: Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

Full thing here: https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/

Apparently, someone had the hissiest of fits and broke some furniture and threw their PS4 on the ground...all because HZD is coming to PC. :lol:

New game + :cheers: this game is a real wonder even 3 years later ..:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

1584089589-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313075747-resultat.jpg

1584089604-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313085258-resultat.jpg

1584127220-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313101642-resultat.jpg

1584127257-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313165048-resultat.jpg

1584127227-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313160429-resultat.jpg

1584127273-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313165258-resultat.jpg

1584127263-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313164047-resultat.jpg

1584127291-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313175308-resultat.jpg

1584089595-horizon-zero-dawn-tm-complete-edition-20200313090420-resultat.jpg

Back