How do rebound/compression shocks work?

• Thread starter zedfonsie
  • 9 comments
zedfonsie
The big suspension thread is a bit confusing because everyone is saying different things.

What I want to know is:

How does rebound/compression affect drifting?

How would you tune rebound/compression for drifting?

Does the stiffness of springs affect rebound/compression?

Is there a specific way to tune Rebound/compression?

I swear you create a new thread for every single fault you come across haha, no but seriously in drifting its better to have stiffer springs so set them to about 3 or 4 throughout.

The big suspension thread is a bit confusing because everyone is saying different things.

What I want to know is:

How does rebound/compression affect drifting?

How would you tune rebound/compression for drifting?

Does the stiffness of springs affect rebound/compression?

Is there a specific way to tune Rebound/compression?

Do you mind google-ing it up? That would actually solve your problems! 💡

I swear you create a new thread for every single fault you come across haha, no but seriously in drifting its better to have stiffer springs so set them to about 3 or 4 throughout.

Ah well, I found out I was tuning my drift cars the wrong way. It was affecting my speed,angle and length of drifts.

A friend of mine shared an article he read with me that shed some light. He said real drifters try to run really soft dampening, ever since then I havent gone past 4 and my cars feel a lot smoother and forgiving.

To be Honest it took me a while to dial in my settings on my S14 to get it where I wanted it. I run Stiff Springs with Medium compression and Rebound but it's going to again Depend on the Car weight and other factors. I say in order to understand you may have to experiment and read an article or two on Drift suspension set up.

I run pretty stiff springs 14.5 in front 15.2 in the back

I lowered my dampers and it seems to understeer out of corner. It will probably be fixed after I go in depth.

I use the "Twice extension per compression value" rule on dampers with 4-6-8 in extension and 2-3-6 in compression. I'm sure there are worse setups as I can drift quite well lol.

Latest Posts

Back