How Fast Can You Make That Go? [SEASON 1] There is a Tie!

• Thread starter Slash
  • 361 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Picking up on old ideas laying around from years past I wanted to start this up again. R4 used to run things like this, or similar.

This event will span 1 full season (4 weeks) and depending on how this goes maybe more.

In this event, you must meet the following regulations.

No car must exceed 400 horsepower. How you obtain this figure is strictly up to you.
No E-Cheating, use of hybrid cars , 3B launching or any other type of launch/run consdered to be a cheat. This tournament is intended to bring legit drag racing back to GT5.
Racing Soft tires are permitted.
Transmission, suspension, drivetrain etc are all permitted. Most of this will run on trust but it will be easy to spot cheaters when the results come in.
Weight reduction of any type is strictly prohibited.
All submissions must be PMed to me within 1 week from the starting date. Car 2 will be announced Sunday and the results of round 1 on Monday or Tuesday.

In the event of a tie, a 5th week will be added as a tie breaker and continue until there is a winner.

Winners will be 1 premium car of their choice per weak. Overall season winner will get another 2 of their choice.

Week 1:

Premium 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, normal, NOT RM.
400HP

Competitors:

Hyperspeed
chris12008
AngelsDemon
KTalloutdrags
ryzno
jspectoaster
Extreme Drifter
Mikeybc
LittleRedRocket
Harry6784
Michrulejj
Austinford1994
jgancherjr
swara96
MisterEads
andrew911

Last edited:
Sounds fun, since kenny never started the pass time thread back up.

Ill give it a go to Mr. Slash 👍 I Miss the tuning comp Kenny and Ryanerb set up over a year ago. I can donate some prizes like paints and horns if you like.

Awesome so many are interested!! Ryzno are you in? I put you in just in case but I wasn't sure.

so everything but weight reduction mods correct? and detuning engine is alright im assuming.i think mine is at 99.2% for 400hp

Everything but weight reduction and yes power limiting is ok but not avised.

So when are the submissions due for first round if we have a week, Wednesday night ?

And maybe put a cap on power limiting since torque usually remains higher if you buy all parts then limit it. Or maybe disclosure of the limiting if used be mandatory.

So when are the submissions due for first round if we have a week, Wednesday night ?

And maybe put a cap on power limiting since torque usually remains higher if you buy all parts then limit it. Or maybe disclosure of the limiting if used be mandatory.

That's part of the fun trying to figure out what parts make the most power.

This week will be cut short due to bad timing so submissions are due no later than Sunday so get tuning. Results will be out Monday along witkh week 2s car.

Ok. Good thing I finished mine tonight, I'm gone tomorrow till Tuesday . I had to use 99.5 percent power, I could get an even 400 hp with no limiting but torque was down significantly. Every other combo gave me 402. It wasn't broken in and had 0 miles.

Last edited:
Hey can you edit my name you wrote Extreme Difter when it is Drifter thanks.
Yeah sorry I'll do it when I get a chance to, just a typo. Thanks for catching it though! 👍
Ok. Good thing I finished mine tonight, I'm gone tomorrow till Tuesday . I had to use 99.5 percent power, I could get an even 400 hp with no limiting but torque was down significantly. Every other combo gave me 402. It wasn't broken in and had 0 miles.

The few submissions I have so far have a range of about 0.50 apart from each other so the results should be interesting!

I'd prefer nothing because that's one of the most important parts.

I think if we get a tie whoever has the faster 0-60 wins.

This seems interesting.

You in? It won't be just muscle. Or RWD for that matter. Each week will consist of a different drivetrain, namely FF's, AWD, and MR after this.

Back