How Shift 2 Really Drives (with videos)

• Thread starter JJ72
  • 125 comments
hey guys can i just call time out a minute , to thank everyone for their time and effort , this thread has been one of the most interesting reads i've had in a long time (yeah sad i know) but without people like yourselves nothing would get done . is there a thread where we can all go and leave some feedback a petition type thread -- hopefully EA will not be able to ignore it if we make it big enough.
And thanks again much appreciated

just been over to the EA NFS forum and left my opinion there , hopefully the developers will not be able to ignore the commotion gaining momentum for much longer

I bought the game after the latest patch(ps3). I think the driving is just fine. The physics model is there and pretty decent. Seems to me all the problems are coming from everyones wheel set-ups. Depending on the wheel set-up you can make a car understeer, oversteer, slide, etc. and that not even messing with the actual car set-up yet.

Keep at it and find a good setup thats comfortable. There is a very well done racing experience when it all comes together.

Yup - the latest patch has made a substantial difference and wheel setup does indeed have a large impact - as does individual car setup. The lag is greatly reduced, although it could still be improved. I've been enjoying S2U since the 2nd patch but now when I go back to GT5 I find I'm turning in WAY early :) As it stands right now S2U is a good game and worth spending time on. With a little more work (further reduced lag, eliminate freezing and fix the dang engine sound) this could easily be the best console racer made yet. Here's hoping SMS keep working on it. If they do and get it all right, The GT franchise will be under a heck of a lot of pressure.

Just want the hand movement lag to be fixed....

But from the look of your video, there isn't any lag between you moving the wheel and the car turning, it only seems to be the on-screen hands. To be honest, I don't even look at the hands - I play with helmet cam and I'm so focussed on the road that the hands don't register.

It isn't PGA where the car reacts half a second too slow.

Back