HOW-TO: Breaking Out of GT Arena(EDIT 2/15/14: REPLAY FILE ADDED)

• Thread starter Intronium
  • 21 comments
United States
CA
Cabriolet21
Well... Me and some people managed to break out of GT arena and fool around. There isn't much you can really do as if you drive into the blue oblivion outside the track you get reset. With some luck, though, I was able to get into the unused pit area. Maybe if there is a way to avoid getting reset this could be the new place to do top speed testing as there is an infinite amount of space. Oh, the possibilities

HOW TO:

Its very simple to do, just go to the final turn of the course, and in the green runoff there should be a little tunnel blocked by a gran turismo sign. The left edge of the gran turismo sign has a bit of a space between it and the stadium walls. Using a narrow, powerful car (preferably 4WD) wriggle into that space between the sign and the wall. Eventually, you should get thru. Now, reverse and turn your car as to force the front of it to glitch into the invisible wall. Turn the wheels so that the car will back into the sign with its nose turning towards the tunnel. Eventually, this will force the car's nose into the invisible wall. Then you have to just floor it and try to get the car through. This is the part where you need to get lucky. If you miss the tunnel and drive into oblivion, you'll get reset. Try to go into the tunnel.

Once you're in the tunnel, you can take a chance and attempt to speed towards the pit area from outside the course and you might make it in. There may be more to explore, but that's all I've found so far.

REPLAY FILE:
Refer to this GT5 guide for an idea of how to view the replay. It's for GT5, but it still applies.
This replay was made using the US 15th Anniversary Edition v1.04, and if you don't have that exact version it's gonna require some tinkering for it to work.

Replay ZIP: (extract it so you get a PS3 folder, and put that PS3 folder on a USB drive, and plug that into the PS3 to copy it over.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ft6xh8w0tdy50h8/PS3.zip

vOt6rax.jpg

RqH5dD9.jpg

Fn0p94r.jpg

sIA8nTr.jpg

EDIT 2/15/14: MORE FINDINGS:
-There are several tunnels around the track which you can speed to and from without getting reset. You have about 5-6 seconds to get to the other tunnel before you're reset, but you can make your way around the track.

-In the tunnel which is in the pit area, I was looking thru the wall into the pit stalls, and to my eerie amazement I found some unused stuff... There are the PD Logo Boxes (seen on R246), some cones, some red/white barriers, (all of these you can hit and move around), and the most eerie of them all, there are GHOST PEOPLE THAT WALK AROUND OUTSIDE THE TRACK BOUNDARIES :eek::nervous: they pace back and forth in the oblivion all around the track, and will disappear every few seconds then respawn again later. verrrryyy creepy ****.

-I saved the replay of my 40-minute exploration, I shall upload it soon.

Ghost people:
4MFVpNI.jpg

Last edited:
Well... are you going to tell us how to do it? :lol: That's awesome!

I'm going to take a guess and say it's that little wall you can squeeze a car in between it and the stadium?

Understandable, but I'm not so sure that's entirely possible. When that was able to be done it was under the map, in GT5. If you pass the start/finish line and the lap doesn't change, then it should be safe.

Not to go too far off topic, but weren't we suppose to be able to customize the arena? Place cones how we wanted? I can't help but remember reading about this...
lol this is Postponing inDefinitely (PD) we're talking about here
Lawndart, I too recall seeing that in print somewhere a while back....:( Something else we miss out on...👎

Intronium, I like your sense of humour. :lol: :cheers:

On topic, will give this a go, thanks to the OP for passing it on. 👍

My attempts did not work, R32, R34, even a smaller car like the Cappuccino (just to see if can), and etc. Have you been able to accomplish this with other cars?

My attempts did not work, R32, R34, even a smaller car like the Cappuccino (just to see if can), and etc. Have you been able to accomplish this with other cars?

I used a fully modified CTR2. 4WD, 961hp, Racing softs. When you're in the limbo area with 2 wheels in the tunnel try to wriggle towards the stadium wall. It's a lot easier to escape through there, but you have to turn towards the tunnel quickly or you'll get reset.

Also would me uploading my replay file be of any help?

Alright, the replay is uploading on mediafire right now. I made it into a zip file that you should copy directly onto a flash drive and then copy to you PS3. It might not work if you don't have the US 15th anniversary edition v1.04. I'll post a link to the GT5 replay sharing guide, which might be of help.

@Downhill Dino

@xXKingJoshXx found the dude walking around a while ago.
Nice. It really is pretty creepy. Maybe since there are multiple levels of seating, and there are people walking on every level, they just copy+pasted several stacked people walking? Would explain why all the walkers move at the same time.

Yea. Also seeing as how easily it is to break out of the track, it seems like GT Arena was rushed. Explains a lot of weird stuff about it.

Back