I may have found a bug.

• Thread starter Rickster
  • 23 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Fudgeandricky
Ok so I was doing one of the "like the wind" races, the track was SSX, I chose the Citroen GT Road Car.

It was fully tuned and had RH tires on and when reaching about 280KM/h the car started to veer to one of the sides, so i corrected it and then it veered off to the other side, it felt like i was driving in a pool of butter. It got so bad that the car eventually spun. I restarted the race thinking it was a glitch and the same thing happened. But it only happens with this car, I also adjusted the downforce settings to max and added max weight but it still goes funny.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
That event only has RH tyres as the maximum.

There are two things that can cause the problem you are describing; either your rear downforce is not above the front downforce settings by a big enough gap (unlikely to be the case), or your ride height is too low (more likely this is the case). Try increasing the ride height until the car becomes stable at max speed.

If even those fixes don't work, soften the rear suspension and/or apply some rear toe (a positive number on the slider scale).

That event only has RH tyres as the maximum.

There are two things that can cause the problem you are describing; either your rear downforce is not above the front downforce settings by a big enough gap (unlikely to be the case), or your ride height is too low. Try increasing the ride height until the car becomes stable at max speed.

I always put the downforce on max, both front and back. Is this wrong?

Also how can the ride height be "too low" Isnt lower = more downforce?

Lower ride height usually means a higher top speed, but if a car has lots of downforce, it will compress the suspension at high speed. If your ride height is too low, then when you get to a high speed and the downforce pushes the suspension down, the car will bottom out, causing it to become unstable or spin.

And yes, on SSRX, you should probably use minimum downforce. There are no corners where downforce is required, so all you are doing is wasting a lot of top end speed.

This problem has always came about when running either the concept or the road car version of the GT. :confused:

My solution when running it at SSRX is put less grippy rubber up front and race tyres out back, comforts preferably out front.

While it doesn't eliminate the problem completely, it does raise the speed at which point the car starts getting unstable to a speed it can't reach without drafting. 👍

It'll still take the turns just fine so don't worry about that. ;)

Ok so I was doing one of the "like the wind" races, the track was SSX, I chose the Citroen GT Road Car.

It was fully tuned and had RH tires on and when reaching about 280KM/h the car started to veer to one of the sides, so i corrected it and then it veered off to the other side, it felt like i was driving in a pool of butter. It got so bad that the car eventually spun. I restarted the race thinking it was a glitch and the same thing happened. But it only happens with this car, I also adjusted the downforce settings to max and added max weight but it still goes funny.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks.

If you are going to drive around stage route x, you have to put sh at the front because if you put racing tires at the front in this game, the car would lose control. I been driving and tuning my cars at stage route x for about 4-5 months so I can make it drive like a champ around the corners but the speed might be slow. Before I put sport tires in my cars, I had the same problem.

...There are two things that can cause the problem you are describing; either your rear downforce is not above the front downforce settings by a big enough gap (unlikely to be the case), or your ride height is too low (more likely this is the case). Try increasing the ride height until the car becomes stable at max speed...
Appreciate the explanation - I had that same problem as the OP with a Veyron, couldn't understand why it got all floaty. I should have twigged onto the potential aerodynamic changes at high speed.

In this game you have to be very careful not to set the ride height too low.
A prime example is the Bugatti Veryon. If you drop the ride hight too low and then try and race it at over 150mph, the suspension drops even lower when the wing comes up.

At SSRX, you'll lose all steering in that instance so when you run there with a tuned Veryon, Jack up the ride hight to compensate for the car hunkering down at 150 mph.

A prime example is the Bugatti Veryon. If you drop the ride hight too low and then try and race it at over 150mph, the suspension drops even lower when the wing comes up.

At SSRX, you'll lose all steering in that instance so when you run there with a tuned Veryon, Jack up the ride hight to compensate for the car hunkering down at 150 mph.

Yeah, I remember it, few months ago I was trying top speeds with lowest ride heights, and I was like WTF! at the zero steering of the Veyron

Have you tried to add a little toe-in, it helps straight line stability, or higher camber for more camber thrust and toe out to balance it. I can let go of the wheel at full speed in my cars and they just track straight. Keep in mind I make sure I'm not too low bottoming out. Dead giveaway is often bottoming out at SSRX comes with a spark trail.

Last edited:
More ride height and less downforce.

I would never suggest changing the rubber to a different compound on the front. If the tail is kicking out this can be easily handled with the springs/dampers/antiroll bars without giving away the grip you get with the better tires.

I don't really drive this track as I find it very very boring to even do a lap on it but it is clearly a speed track and you only want whatever downforce is needed to get around the corner which is not very much on most cars.

Ok so I raised the ride height to maximum and the problem is still there but less violent.
Now try reducing the front tyre compound until it becomes more stable.

I assume you've been using RH tyres up front till now?

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks.

Ok so I raised the ride height to maximum and the problem is still there but less violent.

This is a problem I noticed with some of the LMP cars, most notably after 230-250mph. Even with higher ride height, you need a high amount of downforce to keep it stable at those high speeds. Do you still have downforce set to maximum? If so, you will have to try adjusting springs/dampers/rollbars to see if you can tweak the body roll out. Either that or lower controller sensitivity to reduce over-correction. Have you tried chassis reinforcement and/or restoration?

Using the Nissan GTR Proto ('05) in the Nürburg 24' race:
- the car has no interior, not even a blacked out one.
- entering the pits, you suddenly get the follow cam (in stead of the usual cockpit view)
- the headlights work, but they shine up into the trees, not on the road.

Using the Nissan GTR Proto ('05) in the Nürburg 24' race:
- the car has no interior, not even a blacked out one.
- entering the pits, you suddenly get the follow cam (in stead of the usual cockpit view)
- the headlights work, but they shine up into the trees, not on the road.
Are you feeling alright? Wrong thread buddy, get some rest if you need some. It helps sometimes :)

Are you feeling alright? Wrong thread buddy, get some rest if you need some. It helps sometimes :)
I am feeling allright, thanks.
Don't need a rest as far as I am aware of.
Any suggestion where to put this then ?
Feels a little unnecessary to start a new thread for each issue imo...

I am feeling allright, thanks.
Don't need a rest as far as I am aware of.
Any suggestion where to put this then ?
Feels a little unnecessary to start a new thread for each issue imo...
Well, that is a good question 👍.

To be honest what you described is not a bug or a glitch(that I am aware of). I would suggest putting it in this thread, even though I do not think it is a bug or a glitch. If not there, I really do not know where you could put this. Maybe create a thread in the main GT6 Forums, though I HIGHLY do NOT recommend this!

Well, that is a good question 👍.

To be honest what you described is not a bug or a glitch(that I am aware of). I would suggest putting it in this thread, even though I do not think it is a bug or a glitch. If not there, I really do not know where you could put this. Maybe create a thread in the main GT6 Forums, though I HIGHLY do NOT recommend this!
Well, I saw some similar issues in the thread you mentioned (which I clearly overlooked). I will put my observation there.
Cheers...

Last edited:
Back