Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
Ooft! This page moves quickly!!

Hello all. Glad to be accepted on this site of fellow GT fanatics. I'm a bit of an older dude, played all the Gran Turismo games with the exception of GT Sport. Dabbled in some xbox racing, shooters etc on the PC, But mainly a Playstation racer, especially Gran Turismo. Might get back into the PC side if I take the plunge on a wheel and pedals setup again.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!
Hi all.
Dave from Melbourne, Australia
I found GTPlanet while googling for how to win WTC600😹
I started on the OG Gran Turismo on PS1.
I use a PS controller, as I don’t have the space to set up a seat, etc.
I also like games like COD and older strategy games like Ground Control.
Hopefully I can learn a few new builds and race strategies

Just through searching via Google and stumbled upon this great forum
  • Where are you from? Midwest USA
Way back in the 80s in an Arcade playing Pole Position. Then the entire Need For Speed era. I was hooked for good.
No I only use my PS5 controller for now. But I wouldn't mind using a fancy racing rig complete with 3 screens and steering wheel. But with that PS5 immersive headset...the sky's the limit....
Retro games like Hydro Thunder on my old Nintendo 64 which still plays pretty good these days! Maybe dive into Doom on my PC as well.
Learning and sharing about GT 7. Hitting a wish list for cars I've dreamed of driving in GT 7.
Wishing to see one day? Chevrolet IROC Z28 both racing and non-racing versions. There was once
the mighty IROC (Internal Race Of Champions) Series from 1973 to 2006. Chevrolet introduced
the IROC Z28 Camaro in both street and racing forms. Instantly fell in love with that car and time.
camaroZ.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
  • How did you find GTPlanet? I think I saw it on Youtube
  • Where are you from? Canada and SK
  • When did you start playing racing games? when GT7 released
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? T300rs, TH8A
  • What other games do you enjoy? Assetto Corsa
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? getting tips

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
I have looked for car settings when stumped many times and have had some success with your help. Decided to try for support with Gran Turismo 2 with the Renault Espace van which spins out badly. All that power and no control means lost races every time. I use a controller no driving wheel. Thanks for your help and welcome

Hi everybody, nice to be here. A little about me:
I'm a Japanese car enthusiast (favourite car is the EP3 Type R)
First played Gran Turismo as a kid but got back into it two years ago, also got into Assetto Corsa about that time.
Favourite Gran Turismo games are Gran Turismo 4 and 7. My favourite cars on there is an EP3 tuned to 369bhp and an FL5 Type R tuned to 532bhp. Absolutely love tuning cars in GT games lol
I like other racing games like Need for Speed and Forza Horizon.

Hey, I'm new here. GT7 is my first game in the series, but I've been playing Grid and NFS since 2015. Bought GT7 because I watched the movie on a flight and thought it looked fun, and I was right! Got into cars through my dad and F&F, and currently saving for my first car, a Mazda Miata! I found this site when searching for tunes and found the GREAT pairano63! Anyone else who's new, definitely try his tunes

My name is mike 39 from Scotland.(Near Glasgow)
Found gtp on Facebook page for gt7
First played GT back in the day of the ps1
I found that gt4 is my favourite GT of all.
Currently using a combination of the G29 and controller.

• Where are you from?

I found GTplanet when I'm struggling searching for a good tunes

5y/o

I'm playing on controller

I'm also playing Carx online on my laptop

I'm looking forward for a good car tunes in this community (if theres something I can help, I will)

Hi my name is Deon, been playing GT games ever since PS2 I have a PS4 now and love GT7. I live in Western Australia. I found GT Planet by browsing on the web and looking for answers to some of my questions I have. I don’t play with a steering wheel I use the controller only. Decided to become a member as many topics are covered in the forums. Striving to get a PS5 one day.

• Where are you from?

Hello,

Well:
How did you find GTPlanet? --> on google, while searching for "drivehub and fanatec" related stuff
Where are you from? --> Switzerland
When did you start playing racing games? --> a long long time ago... seriously on a rig for about 6 months
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? --> yes, Fanatec rims (mainly McLaren GT3)
What other games do you enjoy? --> RPG, souls-like, shoot-em-up...
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? --> helping (if possible), discussing, finding useful things :)

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hey Everyone, thanks for having me.
Here's a little bit about me:

I am a Dutch car enthousiast (Lancia 037, Audi Quattro 80's, Ferrari 255GT) and e-racer (GT7, Endurance, F1)
Racing started on the Atari and continued on every console from Sega Rally, Daytona Racing, NFS all the way to GT7.
Which is also my favorite game, but I am exploring other games at the moment like the upcoming Endurance and
the current Le Mans. I really love to race with the Porche 911, Toyota's and BMW Endurance in there but of course this depends on the type of race and track. Let's see with the upcoming Nations and Manufacturers Cup. Did some Karting in the 90's when I was younger but this stopped as soon as I started to study arts and design.

Love to meet you all and cheers from Amsterdam!

Yo Yo Yo. I'm SKRRRRRRT.

I searched for tuning guides and landed here. Pretty cozy site so far.

• Where are you from?
The internet.

When I was a kid. I believe it was Need for Speed on my PS2. Good times.

No, but I definitely want to upgrade to a wheel and VR headset at some point. I use controller right now. I'm happy with it.

Trackmania Turbo and Midnight Club are my 2 favorite racers. I play a bit of Tetris and Fortnite on the side, as well.

Learning more about cars, tuning, and racing. There are a lot of cool guides here.

• Where are you from?

• Through the YouTube channel
  • Finland
  • i started with GT5 when i was 4
  • I play with a Thrustmaster T248
  • EAFC24,F1 23
  • Have Fun is all

• Where are you from?

I Found GTPlanet on a post in Reddit
From NC
15 years ago
Steering Wheel( Thrustmaster T248)
Nascar, Golf, Fishing anything Racing
Getting to meet New Gamers.

• Where are you from?

• I found GTPlanet from some guy (I forgot)
  • Philippines
  • First started playing this one racing game that I forgot on what it was called (It was an IOS app, and I kept playing it in the early 2010's)
  • Wish I had a steering wheel set.
  • FPS, like Bo3 Zombies, ULTRAKILL, and others, and Horror, in general (They kinda make me laugh)
  • Having fun, in general.

• Where are you from?

Not exactly new to the site but created an account a long while ago and never really utilised it.
My names Tom, 41 from Cambridge, UK
Ive been playing GT since the launch of the origional way back when and ive been a fan ever since.
Discovered this site when searching for some help with the dreaded "Moby dick pass" challenge (c'mon you all know the one) which im still massively struggling to gold despite reading and watching everything. I used to game with the logitech G29 wheel with a custom inverted pedal system but due to space requirements and having a wife i decided to sell it but am getting on well with a controller.
Appreciate being part of the GT community. Happy gaming 🙏

• Where are you from?

• How did you find GTPlanet? Through a BFF
  • Where are you from? King Country, New Zealand
  • When did you start playing racing games? Rad Racer Nintendo 1
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Haven't Yet, but im not far off
  • What other games do you enjoy? Americas Cup E Series
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Sharing knowledge

Hello all !

• How did you find GTPlanet? Form reddit i think ,when trying to find a setup for a car.
  • Where are you from? Im from Estonia
  • When did you start playing racing games?GT2 was my first ps game ever ,which i got with ps1 in december 99 ,so quite a long way back.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?No ,i use controller.
  • What other games do you enjoy?Mostly fifa or nba and also cod and warzone.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? probably getting help with different cars and setups.

Hello all !

• How did you find GTPlanet? Form reddit i think ,when trying to find a setup for a car.
  • Where are you from? Im from Estonia
  • When did you start playing racing games?GT2 was my first ps game ever ,which i got with ps1 in december 99 ,so quite a long way back.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?No ,i use controller.
  • What other games do you enjoy?Mostly fifa or nba and also cod and warzone.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? probably getting help with different cars and setups.
🤜🤛

• Where are you from?

I found it by typing in gt7 car tunes, I'm from the UK. I was born in 1974 so grew up with the playstation, I've had every Gran Turismo and being a mechanic I love tuning the cars. I use a modded thrustmaster t150 on the ps5, I've replaced the belt in the steering wheel with a chain and cogs as the belt kept stretching and thrustmaster didn't want to know! I enjoy most games, shooters and sims, but driving and flying are my passion. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded chilled out people with a passion for cars.

Hey guys, I have been playing Gran Turismo since the beginning days, and am gkad to finally be a member of GTPlanet :) thanks for having me

• I found GTPlanet from the many google searches I've made about Gran Turismo
  • Im from Bristol, UK :)
  • when I was 10, I'm 32 now
  • I have done, and will again, I used the Logitech G920
  • Shooters and Action/Adventure games!
  • Reproducing SVGs for people and enjoying the community!

Hi,

How did you find GTPlanet? google, while searching for Car Settings and find Praianos Tunes.
Where are you from? Germany
When did you start playing racing games? i start with GT 4, GT 5, GT Sport and since 2022 GT7
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Fanatec DD Pro, Rig and VR2
What other games do you enjoy? --> F1 Series
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? i start in January with online Racing and have some fun. i hope to get some information and contact to other drivers and can learn something from them

Hi,

How did you find GTPlanet? google, while searching for Car Settings and find Praianos Tunes.
Where are you from? Germany
When did you start playing racing games? i start with GT 4, GT 5, GT Sport and since 2022 GT7
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Fanatec DD Pro, Rig and VR2
What other games do you enjoy? --> F1 Series
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? i start in January with online Racing and have some fun. i hope to get some information and contact to other drivers and can learn something from them
GT4 was a good one to introduce you to the world of Gran Turismo! I spent a solid 3-4 years plus, religiously playing that game!

hi everyone.

I'm a 55yo OG. I've been playing racing games since OG Xbox. PGR2 and CMR2005 were my faves on that console. I got into Forza Motorsport when i got my 360 in 2009 although i'd played the original. My favourites are 4 and 6. I think the current one will be the best eventually.

My all time best game to play is PCars2. When i can afford it (maybe never) i'd love to get a PC and a racing wheel and play AMS2 and Straight4 Studios new offering as well as GT Legends.

In terms of real racing i follow BTCC and also like classic touring cars. You will see me racing and hotlapping in Forza Motorsport in mainly D/E Class.

• How did you find GTPlanet? Searshing for information about Gran Turismo on the internett.
  • Where are you from? Norway
  • When did you start playing racing games? The first Need for Speed game
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes Thrusmtaster T-GT 2 and T-LCM
  • What other games do you enjoy? Many. Simulator games like farm sim, ATS and ETS2. Snowrunner and FPS games. Some stragegi games like RImworld.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Looking for information and learn more about racing.

Latest Posts

Back