• 91 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
On the North American launch day of Forza Motorsport 4, I'm very excited to announce the "soft launch" of my own latest project, ForzaPlanet.net. :D

The similarly-named, GTPlanet sister-site is something that's been asked about and requested for many years now, and I believe the time is finally right to provide Forza enthusiasts the dedicated, independent home they've been looking for. Many of the details are covered here, so please take a look if you have any questions.

GTPlanet's dedicated Forza sub-forums here will remain online for reference, but will eventually be phased out in the coming weeks and months. As mentioned above, this is a "soft launch" for ForzaPlanet so a few pioneers can get things broken in and I can iron out the kinks before a more formal announcement. Please report any problems or issues with the new site in ForzaPlanet's Help Desk forum.

I hope to see you there!

:lol: I was just thinking yesterday and a few days before if someone would make a ForzaPlanet! :P Congratulations Jordan! :cheers:

It's about time, I was beginning to worry there for a moment.

Yes, I knew for a while now. Jordan swore me to secrecy.

I would have thought a Forzaplanet.net would have been something like a second half of gtplanet with like a seperate news section and such, not an entirely new website.

Oh well, not much of a difference in the long run. What's the ETA on a news section?

I would have thought a Forzaplanet.net would have been something like a second half of gtplanet with like a seperate news section and such, not an entirely new website.

Oh well, not much of a difference in the long run. What's the ETA on a news section?

It would be nice to have this forum linked to the new forum once all is said and done. Like GTPlanet would list a Forza forum section, and when you click on it, you are taken to the new site.

Would have signed up already, but when I sign up the 'complete registration' button seems to not do anything when I click on it... Tried it in Chrome and Firefox. Is it just me?

Any way to make users carry over to..uh...FP.net?
Nope, and that's kind of the point, really. I don't want GTPlanet's community to flock to ForzaPlanet, and I don't want ForzaPlanet's user base to flock back to GTPlanet when the Forza 4 hype dies down. Though ForzaPlanet will need a few nudges at first, I don't intend for either site to be too dependent on another.

undergroundHD, sorry about that, please give it another try. :)

It would be nice to have this forum linked to the new forum once all is said and done. Like GTPlanet would list a Forza forum section, and when you click on it, you are taken to the new site.

Yeah but an entire new registration is required.

BTW just registered.

As a request to you Jordan, I hope to that you plan to roll with consistency for both sites once up and running. A similar front news page layout, etc. I love the way GTPlanet is, and hope ForzaPlanet can be the similar.

This is awesome, Jordan! Fantastic work.

I can't sign up though, is it because I'm twelve?

Nope, and that's kind of the point, really. I don't want GTPlanet's community to flock to ForzaPlanet, and I don't want ForzaPlanet's user base to flock back to GTPlanet when the Forza 4 hype dies down. Though ForzaPlanet will need a few nudges at first, I don't intend for either site to be too dependent on another.

undergroundHD, sorry about that, please give it another try. :)

Hey Jordan. Is there still going to be this Forza section here on GTP.net?

Nice to see FMPlanet up and running 👍

Only small gripe I have is that it would've been nice to take our user profiles with us, but you can't have everything, I guess :D

PolePositionPlanet.net?

...got dibs on NightDriverPlanet.net!

Are the moderators going to be carried over, or do we have a chance of becoming moderators too?

Just a few of us...Hopefully my frequent posting miles count towards something, but unless asked, I'm letting it be a separate community, as per Jordan's wish.

Last edited:
Hey Jordan. Is there still going to be this Forza section here on GTP.net?

He has this in the OP:

"GTPlanet's dedicated Forza sub-forums here will remain online for reference, but will eventually be phased out in the coming weeks and months."

Nice I hope the new site is just as much- if not more successful then this one 👍

I take it our accounts won't transfer as you just pointed out though

edit - (that means purchasing premium twice?)

Back