Invitations which have you gotten, are missing and have been your torment

I finally got the Porsche Invite just now after doing my superstition Ferrari only custom race. :lol:
Do a Porsche-only race and see if that unlocks the Ferrari invite?

Or maybe you need to create a custom race using ALL the invite cars and Ferrari will notice their cars are absent, get on the phone to Kaz and he'll unlock the Ferrari invite for you!

Just wondering what invitations have you gotten, and which ones are you missing and which ones have been your torment and for how long?

For me its the Ferrari invite I seen them appear in around 5 4 star ticket stuff only to be disappointed by the end results.:(

Also the Porsche invite which I only ever seen once in a 4 star.

And you?
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13. Needed for Extra Menu No. 15 in the cafe for car collecting.
I have collected every other car on every menu.
And each day, I play in order to earn a Roulette ticket.
I have been playing specifically to get this specific invitation since at least January 2023.
It is now August. How many days is that? And since every other aspect of the game is completed.
There is nothing else for me to do. I am disappointed in this goofy aspect of the game.
one time, just once, the Bugatti invite was on the roulette rotation, but it was not chosen.
So again I play, like an insane person, doing the same thing over and over, expecting something
different to happen.
I have amassed quite a bit of credits. Gotten so good at some races can do them in my sleep.
and generally , totally bored with this whole thing. The invitation system would only be fun or interesting
if it worked, so that in a timely manner, needed invitations were made available.
Anyone else feel this way? Can whoever makes this game be encouraged to change it up
so that players actually get invitations, ones they need and can use?

It's amusing to me, that it seems so common, for a player to receive one or two kinds of duplicate invites over and over. Meanwhile another player is like "PD, where's my Citroen invite?!" ... And I had 3 or 4 of them last month.

I'm sitting on an Aston Martin invite now, but after the update earlier this month, I don't think invites are rerolling if you don't open them.

Personally, I need the Bugatti and Lamborghini invites ... And I'm sure at least one of you here is swimming in those.

There are 342 cars in my PS4 garage, out of a possible 478 cars in the game at the moment.

That means there are 136 cars that are in the game but that I have not got. Of these 136 cars, one - the Pagani Huayra 2013 - is locked behind an invitation.

I can live with that.

I am not going to collect them all. I have plenty of other cars to enjoy, including a Zonda if I really want to try a Pagani. There are plenty of cars that PD haven't modelled which I also can't get.

"Torment" ? Not for me.

I’ve got all the cars (with the exception of the new GR Corolla)

I managed to pick up all of the invitation cars when they gave everyone a month to buy them all.

Now my brother is playing through GT7 and the invitation part of the game is just cruel. Its not fun for anyone to wait for those or to have to grind to be able to buy them in time.

It’s not a fun feature of the game at all. It needs to replaced with a ‘challenge list’ or something alike instead. Ie: own all other Ferrari’s to unlock them or ‘Win this Ferrari championship’

Ohwell.

Last edited:
If my memory serves:

At game release I kept receiving the Aston and Citroen invites but never purchased the cars for lack of credits and/or desire.

Then:

Received the Pagani as a reward. Check.

Received the Bugatti invite. Purchased.

Received the Porsche invite. Purchased.

Received the Citroen invite (again) and purchased.

Received the Lamborghini invite. Purchased.

Ever since then I kept getting invites I didn’t need but finally got the Ferrari this month. Purchased.

All that’s left is the Aston Martin. Unfortunately I haven’t seen it on the wheel of dread since literally 16 months ago.

Got the Lambo one yesterday which will allow me to pick up the last invite car I need. Currently at 92% car collection done without exploits, so it's not like it's really held things up too much, and I know the Centenario drives like crap anyway.

Just wondering what invitations have you gotten, and which ones are you missing and which ones have been your torment and for how long?

For me its the Ferrari invite I seen them appear in around 5 4 star ticket stuff only to be disappointed by the end results.:(

Also the Porsche invite which I only ever seen once in a 4 star.

And you?
So glad I can look back on this thread/post and laugh now that I own every car in the game(expect the gr Corolla) and own 20 fxxk, 20 enzo, and 20 laferrari.

:lol::)

It’s not a fun feature of the game at all. It needs to replaced with a ‘challenge list’ or something alike instead. Ie: own all other Ferrari’s to unlock them or ‘Win this Ferrari championship’
100% agree with that. It should depend on how much you are a fan of said brand (which you could show by buying the cars available to anyone, which will give you access to special sales, because you are a regular customer).

Clearly not designed with the fun of the players in mind, but more like a mean to push them to come back to get their daily marathon complete in the hope to finally get the invitation they want, which may never occur.

Some players do not care, but for those who do, that's not a nice way to motivate them to play.

As much as I loathe the execution of the invites, I still like the concept. Perhaps in a future title, these cars could still have criteria that needs to be met in order to buy them, but it could actually make a lot more sense. Here were some of my ideas for possible criteria:

-Winning a certain championship could be one, especially if we get something similar to the real-world 911 Cup, Ferrari Challenge, or Lamborghini Super Trofeo. They don't even need to use the actual cars used in these series, but instead, we could be tasked with the respective Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars for that automaker. Or, if PD wants to be creative, they could permit multiple models from a given automaker, but with limits on power and weight, and/or PP, much like the Porsche event that's in GT7. (Although I'd personally tweak this event a little, and limit it specifically to any iteration of the Porsche 911, barring the 911 GT1 road car and the 911 RSR.)

-Buying a car (or multiple cars) within a car's lineup. I think that IRL, Ferrari only really lets you buy a used Ferrari before letting you get one that's new, so maybe you could buy at least one Ferrari from the UCD - or perhaps a particular set of used models - before being allowed to buy one of the higher-end ones that are new.

As a possible trade-off, I'd lock a couple more cars behind these possible criteria, such as the Porsche Carrera GT, Aston Martin Valkyrie, and the Bugatti Chrion. This would be in addition to other future cars that could come to GT that are exclusive IRL, like the McLaren Speedtail and the Mercedes-AMG One. It's not like you're going to have enough credits to buy any of these cars from the start, anyway.

Either way, seems better than leaving things to RNG, no? I already have all the cars that are invite-only, but it'd still be nice to have invites be both permanent and be a reward for something. I think the reason why invites were ultimately implemented the way they did, was to simply extend how long players would stick around. Could've been something that SCI came up with rather than PD, but who knows?

Last edited:
There is one invitation only car I still have any interest in acquiring, and that is the Aston Martin Vulcan.

I have always thought that if you purchase an invitation only car you should not require another invite should you want another of what you bought.

I'm not really super/hyper car fan, so haven't bought a single invite car, and I'm always disappointed when the roulette lands on an invitation.

I’m still waiting on the Ferrari ticket. I’m a longtime Ferrari fan. I did not play GT Sport so never driven the LaFerrari or FXXK. I also miss driving the Enzo at La Sarthe.

Had the game since launch, dont think I had the credits build up to buy the Ferraris when GT opened up all the invites.

I’m still waiting on the Ferrari ticket. I’m a longtime Ferrari fan. I did not play GT Sport so never driven the LaFerrari or FXXK. I also miss driving the Enzo at La Sarthe.

Had the game since launch, dont think I had the credits build up to buy the Ferraris when GT opened up all the invites.
The FXXK isn't in GTS I remember a tease ad for it back then but it wasn't till GT7 it finally got added.:)

Anyway I hope you get the Ferrari invite soon.👍

I'm still waiting on the Ferrari invite. I got it like week 2 and couldn't afford all of them at the time. In the meantime, I've gotten like 4 Aston invites, 2-3 Porsche invites, and a few others. I think I'm just waiting on the Ferrari one again, but yeah, I play almost every day but haven't seen it again yet =/

I think I was lucky. I bought all the invitation cars first as they seemed the rarest. So now I only have some brand central and expensive legendary cars to buy.
There was also an occasion when PD gave us all extra invites after the servers went down too.

I do seem to get Bugatti and Citroen invites the most though.

Back