is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

Yeah the picture wasn't loading on my page hence i deleted it. The illuminateed grill has been like that forever, it depends on the location and light direction, but it doesn't really bother me at all, till you brought it up. The headlights on the Ruf in Forza look a bit foggy compared to the one in Gt. No all cars in Forza are premium and offer an Forzavista experience. There..happy now ;)

Ps: im still not quite sure whats wrong with the headlights of the F50.
Yes I am.

No nothing is wrong with F50's headlights. I was talking about other cars...like the Ruf and RX7

ruliweb_gt4pkor_04_ps0hjbe.gif
Damn I forgot how gorgeous my car is in replays :drool:

So I have only used photo mode in GT5 for a few minutes to get trophies for ones needed and that was it. Soon as I've yet to use it in GT6 or Forza 5 photo taking mode, I decided to try GT6 photo mode out today for about 20 minutes, didn't get round to FM5. Quite fun to fly around in GT6. I must say the GT6 acts like an actual camera taking a photo of scene in motion so what you see with your eyes is not what you will get once picture is taken. I just used the default settings and looked quite good to me on my TV but not as good on my laptop screen. You can see them below. I wonder if FM5 requires Xbox Live Gold to get photos from game? Really liked how fast it was to take pictures and export them in GT6 although method can still be improved to be even quicker.

Nürburgring 24h.jpg Nürburgring 24h__2.jpg Nürburgring 24h_3.jpg Nürburgring 24h_4.jpg Nürburgring 24h_5.jpg

Maybe some of you guys could use standard cars/tracks for your comparisons, seeing as more than 60% of the game is sub-standard.

Also, perhaps only the people who actually own both games should post comparison shots.

Maybe some of you guys could use standard cars/tracks for your comparisons, seeing as more than 60% of the game is sub-standard.

Also, perhaps only the people who actually own both games should post comparison shots.

Nice double standards you got there Pepe. Couldn't you also say that GT6 has 60% more content than FM5, making all things equal again? Well, except processor power, baked lighting etc

Nice double standards you got there Pepe. Couldn't you also say that GT6 has 60% more content than FM5, making all things equal again? Well, except processor power, baked lighting etc

Are we comparing "Photo Mode" graphics or content? I mean, standard cars are everywhere in the game, in fact you can now take them to Photo Travel (which is where the OP photos come from) so according to PD, they are good enough to ditch the "standard" tag thus it's ok to compare them.

If I or somebody else makes a comparison of a Supra, what's your excuse? Also, FM4 has far more "premium" content than GT6 anyway, would you like to compare that instead? Or do you guys only make comparisons out of convenience?

Apparently the only ones saying "GT rules...everything else sucks" are the GT fanboys while the people bringing up Forza in the discussion are merely just pointing out what they actually see instead of using ambiguous terms such as "realism" as if we had already achieved realism in game graphics.

But ok, only Forza players have double standards because 'reasons, lol.

Are we comparing "Photo Mode" graphics or content? I mean, standard cars are everywhere in the game, in fact you can now take them to Photo Travel (which is where the OP photos come from) so according to PD, they are good enough to ditch the "standard" tag thus it's ok to compare them.

If I or somebody else makes a comparison of a Supra, what's your excuse? Also, FM4 has far more "premium" content than GT6 anyway, would you like to compare that instead? Or do you guys only make comparisons out of convenience?

Apparently the only ones saying "GT rules...everything else sucks" are the GT fanboys while the people bringing up Forza in the discussion are merely just pointing out what they actually see instead of using ambiguous terms such as "realism" as if we had already achieved realism in game graphics.

But ok, only Forza players have double standards because 'reasons, lol.

You suggested taking GT6 premium content out of the equation. Now you say it's not about content, but you still want to cherry pick content.

That is double standards.

You suggested taking GT6 premium content out of the equation. Now you say it's not about content, but you still want to cherry pick content.

That is double standards.

I never said that Premium content shouldn't be considered but you guys are so fast to apply severe judgement on eveything that isn't GT yet, somehow, the same criteria doesn't apply for GT.

You compare lighting but you don't find unable to see your own dials unacceptable, you compare modeling but standard cars don't count, you compare track details and textures but the 2D trees and trackside objects don't count.

That's a double standard and like I said, you can compare it with either FM4 or 5 or both, do as you wish but your arguments just don't hold up.

BTW I do find GT's lightning more "simulated" not exactly realistic but FMX is nicer to look at from an artistic point of view and I find the performance to be much more important than eye candy, FMX not only looks good, it performs flawlessly so you get the good from both worlds.

I give it to GT that the weather change and the dated hardware make flawless performance almost impossible but then, GT5 Prologue still wasn't locked 60fps and it had the physics and wind/tyre sound samples from GT4, damage wasn't present as well.

I never said that Premium content shouldn't be considered but you guys are so fast to apply severe judgement on eveything that isn't GT yet, somehow, the same criteria doesn't apply for GT.

The same can be said about members being hyper critical of anything related to PD/Kaz//GT. Stop trying to play the victim.

The same can be said about members being hyper critical of anything related to PD/Kaz//GT. Stop trying to play the victim.

Except it doesn't apply for me so I'm not the victim, If anything I'm hyper critical of everything but you'll always find that I only have legitimate complaints for GT, I've had much more questionable and ambiguous complaints about other games around here and you don't have to go far to see that.

FM5 on 8 Gigabyte of RAM:

GT6 on 256 megabyte of RAM:
goodwoodhillclimb2014vlbme.jpg
Who's willing to bet that the visuals at Goodwood will be the visuals for GT7?

I wonder why Goodwood is the only track in the game that has these visuals? Those visuals almost look like it should be for a PS4 game if not real life. Also, better looking grass then Forza 5 (probably for this track only).

Except it doesn't apply for me so I'm not the victim, If anything I'm hyper critical of everything but you'll always find that I only have legitimate complaints for GT, I've had much more questionable and ambiguous complaints about other games around here and you don't have to go far to see that.
Forget trying to explain yourself to the strawman Pepe, it never works. First you have double standards and when you answer logically you're a "victim". Notice no one ever really addresses your specific points because strawmen never have any points, just strawman responses.

Forget trying to explain yourself to the strawman Pepe, it never works. First you have double standards and when you answer logically you're a "victim". Notice no one ever really addresses your specific points because strawmen never have any points, just strawman responses.

Just because you don't understand the point being made, doesn't make it a strawman. I think you are too one eyed towards GAS and pCars to ever consider positive arguments about GT being anything else.

Some more pictures taken with subtle reflection and lighting, all unedited. Just to show what GT6 capable of with no edits, take a look at the S13 wheels reflections - nice touch there :) and the smokes :lol:

View attachment 191378 View attachment 191379 View attachment 191381 View attachment 191382 View attachment 191383 View attachment 191384 View attachment 191386 View attachment 191387 View attachment 191388 View attachment 191390 View attachment 191392 View attachment 191394 View attachment 191395
Imagine if you showed a kid from the 80's that only played on the NES these graphics. He's gonna faint!

Here are a few older pictures of me that show very well how real GT6 looks. No Picture was editet.

Attachments

• brandshatchindycircui5au2q.jpg
    brandshatchindycircui5au2q.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 13
  • brandshatchindycircuig5ul2.jpg
    brandshatchindycircuig5ul2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13
  • brandshatchindycircuirkuun.jpg
    brandshatchindycircuirkuun.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
  • silverstone_stowecirc88sjf.jpg
    silverstone_stowecirc88sjf.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 13
  • silverstone_stowecircn2saw.jpg
    silverstone_stowecircn2saw.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 13
  • silverstone_stowecircwfscj.jpg
    silverstone_stowecircwfscj.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12
  • silverstone_stowecircy2s7q.jpg
    silverstone_stowecircy2s7q.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 13
I also think forza to be unrealistic, I always thought the graphics are less realistic. Off course, because it's next gen, it has more polygons and more detailled sand/circuit texture but that is the only thing that makes Forza look better. Gran Turismo has much more attention to realistic details.

Dare I say it... I fell out of love with Forza at #3... still spent too much on #4... but they never improved the core game, just threw more power and ancillary features at it.

GT seemed to understand glass reflections from Day 1, the first time I sat and watched a replay I was blown away. They never improved the core game, just threw more power and ancillary features at it. But it was always starting from a better place ;)

Looking at the Forza pics they still haven't got under-wheel shadows quite right, there's a floaty feeling of separation somehow.

Back