Premium
United States
New York
It will debut at Geneva.
There is no info on it yet, other than it's a Fiat based- 500L and Panda 4X4

Leaked image of the Renegade
original.jpg

Last edited:
As a ZJ owner, my eyes hurt. I hope they do as awesome of a job as they did with the Cherokee (4x4 drivetrain feature wise).

It looks...Russian.

I like it though, and assuming it gets the 160hp 1.4T it should be a nice competitor to the MINI Countrymen and that little Buick Encore thing (barring it comes to the US).

It seems really malproportioned, its like they were on the right track with the overall design then had to cut some edges off each of the panels to fit it to the Fiat frame :lol:

Reminds me of the equally questionable Land Rover Defender concept. Kinda right, kinda wrong!

The squared wheel arches add a lot to the overall boxiness. And with the tapered front end making the passenger area look larger than it should, it's not easy to like the design. I can't say it looks as good as the 500L - which itself isn't much of a looker, though not as hideous as the 500XL - but having look at it for a good few minutes, my initial distaste has waned a bit. I suppose Jeep have less appealing designs in their current range as it is (Cherokee).

It looks...Russian.

So I'm not the only one getting UAZ-469 vibes from this.

The problem is that they tried to mix square and roundy. It's like garlic ice cream.

I like cars like this, but this is one of those vehicles that would make Jeep fans curse, and attract the type of crowd they don't like into theirs.

Again, I kinda like the car & am not a Jeep loyalist or anything, so I don't mind. :P

It would look so much better as one color though.

They CAN'T be serious with this car. They can't.

First, it was the redesigned Cherokee with the awful squished headlights, now THIS. What the hell are they thinking?

Honestly, the only thing good they've done with Chrysler at all was create a Diesel V6 in the new Ram 1500s. Other than that I see nothing but 🤬. I guess they will eventually just make everything based of other Fiat things (old and new) and create just another not needed extra badge.

Please prove me wrong Fiat/Chrysler.

Honestly, the only thing good they've done with Chrysler at all was create a Diesel V6 in the new Ram 1500s. Other than that I see nothing but 🤬. I guess they will eventually just make everything based of other Fiat things (old and new) and create just another not needed extra badge.

Please prove me wrong Fiat/Chrysler.

The Dart is miles ahead of the Caliber it replaced and is a really good car to drive with the Alfa chassis under it. The new 200 is fantastic, I drove one last weekend, albeit in pre-production trim and it was the best Chrysler products I've been in in years. The new Cherokee, while controversially designed, is actually a really good vehicle and quite capable off-road. Judging by the other news coming out of Auburn Hills, I can't imagine Chrysler slowing down or making anything bad in the near future.

This is a Chrysler before Fiat bought them:
chrysler-sebring-convertible-006.jpg

This is that exact same Chrysler after Fiat bought them:
chrysler-200-convertible-006.jpg

If all Fiat has managed to do is produce a bunch of 🤬, what does that make the trash they were selling when they were basically left to their own devices after Mercedes lost interest?

Back