Just got the Killzone Demo

Useless... right. Alot of us have been getting really phsyced about this game. I for one was very surprised that we had the demo at work, so I spend the penny and bought it. I thought other may enjoy hearing about how the game plays.

I just played one mission on the demo, and all I can say is WOW. This game is DEFINATELY a Halo killer. The graphics are great. The whole atmosphere of the level is great. The controls work very well and feel very realistic. I used 4 different weapons for this mission. First was the standard issue rifle. Pretty good, does it's job. Then I used the pistol, not much to say here, didn't really use it, but it's a good backup weapon. Then I used the standard issue Helgast rifle. This one I really liked. It's an assault rifle that also fires shotgun rounds, so when in close quarters, just hit the alternate fire button and clear the room.
I also used an machine gun emplacement. This gun had a high rate of fire and was very devastating in my opinion. It's hard to get accurate shots but when you hit your target, you HIT your target.

All in all though this game is gonna be great. I can't wait to get the full version. Just the feel of the game is great. Time to play the next mission.

I played on a little more, used a couple more characters, and a few more different weapons. It's pretty good. The missions play differently depending on which character you play as. For some reason this game is starting to feel like Red Faction. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I'm still looking forward to it coming out.

The AI is good. The enemies have good tactics and movements. They seem to work together too. You'll see enemies taking cover always. Teammates do pretty well too. They never get in my way or block a path. They do a decent job in fighting off enemies too, but of course you can't expect them to be doing your work for you. Overall the AI is awesome. I'm thinking of maybe trying to make a video of me doing a level.

battle_stage
I'm thinking of maybe trying to make a video of me doing a level.
That would be nice, thanks. And are there any slowdowns during gameplay? And whats the size of the demo? I mean in MB. Maybe I can find it somewhere.....

Hmm odd, I saw the a vid of it and it looked abit crap. Anyways, I'll be sure to give it a go.

Halo killer eh, well we shall see ;).Mehbeh if it has a good multiplayer.

I've seen a nearly 20 minute, 2 part demo being played through and I was impressed. I wouldn't say Halo killer (or anything close for that matter), as it seems a bit too confining and scripted. They did manage to, umm... borrow the sprinting idea from Halo 2, wherein you can go from the regular run to a full speed jog by lowering your weapon.

However, the animations are definitely awesome (even better than bungie's), the weapons are freaking cool looking and sounding (the shells look stupid as they are ejected though. I hope that is changed), and the sound is superb. It really feels like war with all the explosions, artillery fire, screams and small arms fire.

The graphics are stunning (for PS2, I noticed a lot of really rough textures), and the art design is fantastic as well.

I'm definitely picking this one up. :)

official website: check out the wallpapers.

Code_kev, you may have saw one of the older videos? The game was still being developed, and had some work to be done.

Where is this demo? I've been awaiting this game, and was hopeing that it would turn out well! Halo is a good game and all, but it doesn't feel like war; I didn't feel threatend. The aliens aren't even "aliens"; the small creatures sound like monkeys, and the larger creatures seam...robotic and "odd". The flood was the worst thing ever, absolutley ruined the game in my opinion. I'm not bashing Halo, and though it was a good game, just don't think it deserves "the greatest game ever" title, and a score of 10/10 as many people at GameSpot give it.

War is HELL. Thank you Killzone for understanding that, and the AI sounds promissing to.

Yeah...where is the demo again...lol.

The feeling of war is definately much greater in Killzone than Halo.

Hmmm, idk if I should reviel my sources for the demo. It's feel kinda cool being the only one with it. Haha.

battle_stage
The feeling of war is definately much greater in Killzone than Halo.

Hmmm, idk if I should reviel my sources for the demo. It's feel kinda cool being the only one with it. Haha.

The feel of war is stronger in medal of honour than halo as well. Halo's design isn't centered around photorealism and the harsh trappings of war (although it has a lot of elements). It has it's own character and humour, and that's refreshing when you consider about half the games out today are war games that rely on "realistic feel and look" and epic-seeming (at a glance) battles.

In my book, I'd rather play a game that created challenges differently every time you play it due to awesome A.I. than a ****-load of scripting and fancy production values. Games like that get old fast unless there is worthwhile multiplayer.

That said, Killzone's sound design (other than it's terrible, terrible voice acting, which I hope is just placeholder till they get real actors) is astounding and is the first one I've heard in a while that even comes close to Marty O'donnell's work on Halo, IMO.

This game looks fantastic. I can't belive I haven't heard of it before. I will definatley get it when it comes out (does anyone know when that is for the UK?).

Thanks for the heads up 👍

Paid for the demo today when i got KOTOR for Xbox,.

my impressions. The sound i other than the voices are awsome, and it gives a great feeling of being in the middle of a war with all kinds of background sounds and gun fire flying overhead. The first level was very dull but the shakey camera work and washed out bland colors keeps you playing. From what I read trhere are 3 AI settings and this demo surely is on the lowest one. The second level lets you choose a character that in turns changes the way you play, not on a large scale but on one thats very noticable. I like this feature and it gives some replay value(at least 3-4 times over). Tye second demo leve is not big and I'm hoping the final game with a little more to offer. One thing you can not do is run into the open or its certin death.

The weapon animation is just as good as the best out there much better that even doom 3. But what make sthe game impressive is the way the camera moves with the players head but the down side of the demo is tossing grenades is harder than any thing if you are moving. The graphics are very good and code is just crazy for judging the graphice on one video he seen. there are some problems but they better be adressed in the final game.

Its worth the $0.01 but only if you are shopping for something else too.

looks interesting this game.

i'm not interested in Halo2 to buy,maybe just to rent it.

i was one of the idiots that bought Halo for the PC{at the time,i didn't have an x-box},had so many problems with installing it on Windows XP,then having it run like crap on my system,tweaked it till it was playable and then after beating it in a month.the final slap wastrouble with uninstalling it.

From what I've played nothing about the game reminds me of Halo. It much much closer to RainbowSix3, no jumpomg no laser rifles no aliens, its more realistic and the weapons are ver nice.

I played the demo a few more times and I can say im very impressed. the smoothness of the controls were superising since the DS2 analogue sticks are not the greatest(Xb's is). Definatly buying this one when it comes out. Just hpe it takes longer than 6-8 minutes to beat the levels.

Buy the way nothing about it feels like redfaction1 or 2 other than the level design.

There are but its seem like cheaply writen code. bodies get stuck on walls doing the splits like in RainbowSix3 :) but not as bad as Thief III.

LaBounti
There are but its seem like cheaply writen code. bodies get stuck on walls doing the splits like in RainbowSix3 :) but not as bad as Thief III.

Battlefront has really fun ragdoll physics.

Look at those wookies fly!

OPM's next issue (#87, December) will have a playable demo. I'm not much for FPS games myself, unless it's got something about it that sets it apart, so I'll play the demo first and see from there whether I get the game itself. They come out about the same time, so if I like the demo, I can just go get the game.. hehe.

This game might be the first FPS game I buy!! Looks great!! I saw some vids and the enemy just look awesome!!!

But I wonder if they had any connections with Jin-Roh.... That Hellgahst (sp!) dude that defects into the good side, the background sounds like the main character from Jin-Roh... the Helgahst and the Kerberos (sp again.....) are a bit similar... Similar? Yeah Right they directly identical!!

Anyways... I think the game would be awesome...... I don't care if it has rip-off designs or not... the enemy just look plain badass...

Back