Just got the Killzone Demo

animateria
This game might be the first FPS game I buy!! Looks great!! I saw some vids and the enemy just look awesome!!!

But I wonder if they had any connections with Jin-Roh.... That Hellgahst (sp!) dude that defects into the good side, the background sounds like the main character from Jin-Roh... the Helgahst and the Kerberos (sp again.....) are a bit similar... Similar? Yeah Right they directly identical!!

Anyways... I think the game would be awesome...... I don't care if it has rip-off designs or not... the enemy just look plain badass...

It has nothing to do with Jin Roh.

They just...ahem..."borrowed" a lot of ideas from it.

A jin Roh game would play pretty funny if you ask me... I wouldnt want to shoot little girls.

Finally got hold of the demo here in the UK (came with the November issue of Official PS2 Magazine).
Impressions: For a PS2 FPS, very good. I've played (on the PS2) Red Faction (1+2), Firewarrior, Timesplitters (1+2), Quake, Unreal and a host of other ones and to me Killzone feels significantly different to any of the afore mentioned, both in looks and gameplay. The sound is very good, nice and loud and atmospheric! Graphics are also good, though a little jaggy and the demo has a slightly washed out look. But that suits the game as it is supposed to be set on the frontlines of a war. So the detail of bombed buildings and smoke stained walls are well done.
Some nice touches come when you change weapons and the reloading sequences are good. I like the grenade throwing animation though they don't seem to go very far when you throw them.
Only real complaint is the slightly dopey AI of your two buddies who quite often walk straight into your line of fire. Enemy AI is good though usually their actions are scripted. Even so they do take cover when you're spraying them with heavy machine gun fire.

It's looking good and I'm sure the full game will be very worthwhile. Not that I have ever thought of it as a Halo beater I'll say that no, it's not....but it's not a lot worse. And for the PS2 it is a fine piece of work. :)

slackbladder
Finally got hold of the demo here in the UK (came with the November issue of Official PS2 Magazine).
Impressions: For a PS2 FPS, very good. I've played (on the PS2) Red Faction (1+2), Firewarrior, Timesplitters (1+2), Quake, Unreal and a host of other ones and to me Killzone feels significantly different to any of the afore mentioned, both in looks and gameplay. The sound is very good, nice and loud and atmospheric! Graphics are also good, though a little jaggy and the demo has a slightly washed out look. But that suits the game as it is supposed to be set on the frontlines of a war. So the detail of bombed buildings and smoke stained walls are well done.
Some nice touches come when you change weapons and the reloading sequences are good. I like the grenade throwing animation though they don't seem to go very far when you throw them.
Only real complaint is the slightly dopey AI of your two buddies who quite often walk straight into your line of fire. Enemy AI is good though usually their actions are scripted. Even so they do take cover when you're spraying them with heavy machine gun fire.

It's looking good and I'm sure the full game will be very worthwhile. Not that I have ever thought of it as a Halo beater I'll say that no, it's not....but it's not a lot worse. And for the PS2 it is a fine piece of work. :)

i pretty much agree with what you are saying, very nice game, not 100% happy with the ps2 pad, and halo is still the better game imho, by the way how quick did you complete the uk demo level??i took about 3 1/2 mins.

lol the Xbox controls are fat and ugly compared to the ps2 ds2 controller dont know where u got the idea that the xbox controller was better, and b4 u start flaming me about i'm bios 2wards PS2 i'm not coz i've got both PS2 and Xbox oh yeah and gamecube(every1's aloud 1 mistake)

Mil6es
lol the Xbox controls are fat and ugly compared to the ps2 ds2 controller dont know where u got the idea that the xbox controller was better, and b4 u start flaming me about i'm bios 2wards PS2 i'm not coz i've got both PS2 and Xbox oh yeah and gamecube(every1's aloud 1 mistake)
I think the Xbox controller is a little large for my hands, even the S model. But it´s a good controller for FPS, very easy to play Halo with it.

And if you are unhappy with your GameCube I would be glad to take it. :)

The xbox s pad is the best for fps, rpgs and racing games, but I prefer the dual shock 2 for fighting games. The sticks on the ds2 are terrible, to close together, in the wrong places, and don't have enough resistence.

HUDSONJONES
i pretty much agree with what you are saying, very nice game, not 100% happy with the ps2 pad, and halo is still the better game imho, by the way how quick did you complete the uk demo level??i took about 3 1/2 mins.

About 5 mins with each character (easier with Rico.....!) I'm trying not to rush it...soaking up the atmosphere!

Only problem I have with the DS2 is when trying to use the sniper rifle.....I'm all over the place! Though with a little practice I should improve (hopefully)! Halo is the better game, though I found the overtly colourful aliens a bit annoying and the animation of the Marines below par. But overall it's a great game. I'd like to play Halo 2 but I need to get an Xbox. The Controller S is certainly an improvement over the original Xbox controller in my opinion. But I prefer the PS2's for racing games!
Anyway, at the moment Killzone looks like it'll be the best FPS on PS2. 👍

Halo killer, not quite, kick as.........butt(?) game nonetheless, most definitely.

Also this whole controller debate is getting old. Everyone has preferences, that's a fact of life, so get over it.

Latest Posts

Back