Kazunori Yamauchi Discusses the Pros and Cons of PlayStation 5 and PC Development

• Thread starter Famine
  • 63 comments
Elon Musk doesn't get a pass on being an arrogant, self-centred arsehole just because Americans are stereotypically viewed as arrogant, self-centred arseholes by most of the rest of the world. He chooses to be like that, and he's responsible for every word that comes out of his mouth.
Mr Musk is not exactly American, just someone living there after being born elsewhere from parents that still are further away.

Anyways...

This talk of Gran Turismo being ported to PC reminds me of Forza Motorsport 6 Apex. That game was essentially a tech demo and a trial run for Turn 10 to develop PC ports of their (then Xbox exclusive) titles, and it wasn't without its issues. A year or two later we started to see new Forza releases head to Windows, and a few years later go on Steam.

Developing and optimising for the infinite combination of PC specs vs only 2-3 PlayStation machines (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5) is a significant challenge, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Polyphony's tech was built purely to run well on a PlayStation.

I hope Gran Turismo comes to PC eventually, but I can totally understand why Kaz is cagey on it, not withstanding the fact that even if something were in development he can't publicly say it until Sony do anyway :)

Last edited:
Anyways...

This talk of Gran Turismo being ported to PC reminds me of Forza Motorsport 6 Apex. That game was essentially a tech demo and a trial run for Turn 10 to develop PC ports of their (then Xbox exclusive) titles, and it wasn't without its issues. A year or two later we started to see new Forza releases head to Windows, and a few years later go on Steam.

Developing and optimising for the infinite combination of PC specs vs only 2-3 PlayStation machines (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5) is a significant challenge, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Polyphony's tech was built purely to run well on a PlayStation.

I hope Gran Turismo comes to PC eventually, but I can totally understand why Kaz is cagey on it, not withstanding the fact that even if something were in development he can't publicly say it until Sony do anyway :)
yeah, but apex was free, i mean, is not impossible but considering sony is comanding their ports to third party companies, dont know if its feasible

Probably makes too much sense as well.

Last edited:
Back