La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

This car isn't that bad, it's brakes are the only issue I had having to brake miles before any turn

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240223140721.jpg

This car isn't that bad, it's brakes are the only issue I had having to brake miles before any turn

View attachment 1330677
Yes indeed, i remember i raced it once and you needed to brake yesterday to stop today and was the day with rain than some AI took him 2-3 minutes to get back on track hitting from one barrier to another 🤣 .
Also you didn't have it back then to test it as i remember.

Back from work and today am gonna deal only with " key " ......

(with apologies to Monty Python)

Two men in the park…

Norman: Is your Bvlgari a...goer...eh? Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Nudge nudge. Know what I mean? Say no more...know what I mean?

Him: I beg your pardon?

Norman: Your Bvlgari...does she, er, does she 'go' - eh? eh? eh? Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Say no more.

Him: Well, she sometimes goes, yes.

Norman: I bet she does. I bet she does. I bet she does. Know what I mean? Nudge nudge.

Him: I'm sorry, I don't quite follow you.

Norman: Follow me. Follow me. I like that. That's good. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh?

(elbow gesture; rubs it)

Him: Are you trying to sell something?

Norman: Selling, selling. Very good. Very good. (hand tilting quickly) Oh, wicked. Wicked. You're wicked. Eh? Know what I mean. Know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Nudge nudge.
(leaning over to him, making eye gesture; speaks slowly)

Say...no...more. (leans back as if having imparted a great secret)

Him: But...she did cost me a 1,000,000 Quid.

Norman: (stops him with finger which he lays alongside nose; gives slight tap) Your Bvlgari is she, eh... is she a sport. Eh?

Him: She likes sport, yes!
Norman: I bet she does, I bet she does!

Him: She is very fond of auto racing, as a matter of fact. She can do Le Mans on a full tank, and her tyre wear is excellent.

Norman: (leans across, looking away) Who isn't, eh? Know what I mean. Likes games, likes games. Knew she would. Knew she would. Knew she would. Likes games, eh? She's been around, eh? Been around?

Him: She's traveled. She's from Italy.

Norman: Oh...oh. Say no more, say no more. Say no more - Italy, say no more. Monza, eh? Know what I mean, know what I mean. Say no more.

Him: (about to speak; can't think of anything to say)

Norman: (leers, grinning) Your Bvlgari interested in er... (waggles head, leans across) photographs, eh? Know what I mean? Photographs, 'he asked him knowingly'.

Him: Photography?

Norman: Yes. Nudge nudge. Snap snap. Grin grin, wink wink, say no more?

Him: Scapes?

Norman: Could be, could be taken to Scapes. Could be yes - scenery. Know what I mean. Candid photography. Know what I mean, nudge nudge.

Him: No, no we don't have a camera.

Norman: Oh. Still (slaps hands lightly twice) Woah! Eh? Wo-oah! Eh?

Him: Look, are you insinuating something?

Norman: Oh...no...no... Yes.

Him: Well?

Norman: Well. I mean. Er, I mean. You're a man of the world, aren't you...I mean, er, you've er... you've been there haven't you...I mean you've been around...eh?

Him: What do you mean?

Norman: Well I mean like you've er...you've done it...I mean like, you know...you've...er...you've driven…with a car.

Him: Yes.

Norman: What's it like?

Him: Well she handles surprisingly well for a car that cannot be adjusted in the suspension in any way except ballast. She is susceptible to power oversteer if you are not careful on exiting corners.

Today after many days i went to the track with the brand new VGT .
Since nothing can be adjusted i use RM tyres and FM6 to see the consumption and how ot goes.
I was surprised than was able to pull 7 laps at one tank ( to the wire ) but a short rain help to to cool down and that help in fuel savings.
Anyway 6 laps is piece of cake for this one.
Best lap was around 4.13 but can do it better.

Second attempt was at F1 on RS tyres this time and a small amount of ballast at around 40 at the rear.
I really impressed that can lap sub 4.00 minutes !!! with it .
Very easy to enter at 8 lap territory at dry track or almost dry .
To ensure 4 laps its better to run one lap at FM2 and the other 3 at FM1 .
IMG_20240229_211516146_HDR.jpg

I really impressed from this car as a package.
It's a bit " twichy " but not something you can't control.
The only thing is missing is better brakes.

Last edited:
I have noticed that RI do wear fast if there is 50% moisture on the track,as for full Wets I have only used them once so can’t really comment. I think they have rolled back or increased grip back to pre last update.

Haven't play the game from Friday cause wasn't at home and yesterday i return back .
I had an unfinished work to do testing @AlexWilmot mitsubishi.
IMG_20240304_223611208_HDR.jpg

Did 3 races on different tyres and the one above its at RS tyres.

Lucky me all races was dry or almost dry .
Need fuel saving as Alex warn me to put 3 laps at FM6 and i managed 3 laps with FM4 to the wire changing a little above 7.000 rpm.
2 pit stops at 3rd and 5th lap and FM1 at the last one which was to the wire on fuels.
Great settings, very pleasant ride
Congratulations Alex.

I ran into an interesting tire strategy from the enemy Porsche GT4 CS yesterday.

I was driving a Stock Aston Martin DB11 on RH/IM tires.

Rain would start at the end of Lap 2. Not too heavy yet, but the Radar was showing heavy rain incoming on Lap 3. I, of course, pit for Intermediate tires and refuel.

I had overtaken the Porsche earlier on Lap 2, but was surprised to see them overtake me at the end of Mulsanne on Lap 3. I hadn't anticipated any of the enemy cars to have pit for wet tires earlier enough. But I suppose they were far enough back that the track was wet.

Late stage rain would not happen and a dry line was pretty established by the end of Lap 5. I'd pit for Race Hard tires and refuel. At this stage I was P2 and the Porsche was P1. I noticed the Porsche also had pit and I expected them to change to slicks as well. But then the Porsche pits again at the end of Lap 6.

My reaction ...

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I had to watch the replay to see what just happened.

As I expected, the Porsche pit for Intermediate tires at the end of Lap 2. But at the end of Lap 5 their tires were very worn but instead of pitting for Slicks, like me, they put on a new set of Intermediate tires. Those obviously didn't last long on the drying track so then had to pit for slicks after Lap 6. That Porsche may have won if they chose the correct tire at Lap 5, but they instead decided to try the Ferrari F1 tire strategy for this race and I capitalized on it for a win in an otherwise uncompetitive car.

The DB11 was too thirsty on richer fuel management settings but too slow in FM6. I don't think I would be able to win in a dry race without some tuning.

Is this cheating?

I asked mainly because the last time the LeMans circuit was in the online / daily races a lot of the opponents were taking that same route, not getting penalties, and passing quite a few people on that turn.

I asked mainly because the last time the LeMans circuit was in the online / daily races a lot of the opponents were taking that same route, not getting penalties, and passing quite a few people on that turn.
Perhaps the penalty calculator see it as an exit and thas why you don't get one.
Many times i took penalty passing the white line at the left coming into turn and again many of them , cause i was hard on the exit before the kerb.
The few times i went like this since the first time you mention it, i never get one .

Last edited:
Perhaps the penalty calculator see it as an exit and thas why you don't get one.
Many times i took penalty passing the white line at the left coming into turn and again many of them , cause i was hard on the exit before the kerb.
The few times i went like this since the first time you mention it, i never get one .
There is an unfair advantage to that route, you do not have to slow down as much and you can get a significant exit speed out of the Mulsanne Corner

There is an unfair advantage to that route, you do not have to slow down as much and you can get a significant exit speed out of the Mulsanne Corner
I don't know, i never use except the time that you mention it just for experiment reasons.
What you gain for sure is that you don't have traffic during your braking ,as for the exit i don't know if you gain something or not.

Don't know if you push the car to his limits if you take penalty for that or not.

Trying to push the new evo under @AlexWilmot tune , i get plenty of penalties for reasons that don't happen often .
And since i didn't ride there too much lately i don't know if things are harder due to new update.
Also i haven't read something about but definitely in some cases with certain cars you get more penalties that with other cars .

I have a question for you guys. When you are setting up cars to run at LeSarthe do you setup them up more fuel usage or speed. I know for me as long as I can get 2 laps and the fast can go really fast I'm okay. I refuse to use slow gas guzzlers 🤣 :lol:. Anyway just curious to know what you guys think as far as that is concerned

kjb
I have a question for you guys. When you are setting up cars to run at LeSarthe do you setup them up more fuel usage or speed. I know for me as long as I can get 2 laps and the fast can go really fast I'm okay. I refuse to use slow gas guzzlers 🤣 :lol:. Anyway just curious to know what you guys think as far as that is concerned
Always try for bare minimum of 3 laps with FM6 and short shifting middle of rev bar, detaining ECU generally improves Fuel usage as does lighter weight

kjb
Both but the car has to make 3 laps yesterday I tried the 2013 viper srt and the thing couldn't get 3 laps so I quit the race.

3 laps is my minimum but I like cars that can ran 4 laps better.

kjb
Usually i chase the speed factor but most of the times you have to make a compromise if the car you're riding " drinks " too much .

When i take a new car for me ,i start at FM6 and after the first lap i have a clear indication what happens with the fuel economy.
So i made adjustments using lower FM aiming to catch at least 3 laps with it.
If he can't pull 3 laps at least at FM6 ,he gain a place in my black board .
If am satisfied from his performance ,am dealing with it farther doing multiple races trying to find out what is the faster combination that will serve me at 3 lap stints which means 2 stops in a dry race .

I hate the image with all the field down a lap and the fastest lap belongs to Yamakava or whatever 😂 .

On general terms, you can say that the faster is what i seek for .

By the way , using again the Evo today i choose the path @jrbabbitt wrote at Mulsanne ( when i remember it 😂 )not only you didn't get penalty but is also faster !!!!

Like most here I try to make sure that the car will make 3 laps with one tank...if the race stays dry, I go for a 3(lap)-2-2 strategy(so I have the two 2lap stints for fastest lap hunting)...if a car does more than 3 laps, that's great, if it doesn't make 3 laps even on FM6 I don't use it...

kjb
I always have set mine for fuel mileage, always trying to get the most with fewer pit stops.

Usually i chase the speed factor but most of the times you have to make a compromise if the car you're riding " drinks " too much .

When i take a new car for me ,i start at FM6 and after the first lap i have a clear indication what happens with the fuel economy.
So i made adjustments using lower FM aiming to catch at least 3 laps with it.
If he can't pull 3 laps at least at FM6 ,he gain a place in my black board .
If am satisfied from his performance ,am dealing with it farther doing multiple races trying to find out what is the faster combination that will serve me at 3 lap stints which means 2 stops in a dry race .

I hate the image with all the field down a lap and the fastest lap belongs to Yamakava or whatever 😂 .

On general terms, you can say that the faster is what i seek for .
That is the one thing I don't like with the 3 stop strategy I can't set the fastest lap.
I always have set mine for fuel mileage, always trying to get the most with fewer pit stops.
I have done that a few times myself but I really do love hitting about at 170 mph or more down Mulsanne and of other back straight right before the Porsche curve

kjb
I go for the speed. Two laps are fine, three are great.

kjb
I have done that a few times myself but I really do love hitting about at 170 mph or more down Mulsanne and of other back straight right before the Porsche curve
Don't get me wrong but I also do love the speed, I just set for economy and re-adjust for speed runs

kjb
That is the one thing I don't like with the 3 stop strategy I can't set the fastest lap.
That's why I do the 3-2-2 strategy...it gives you 2 chances for the fastest lap: lap 2 and Lap 7
Lap 7 is perfect, in most races it will be dry, there will be less traffic ahead and you can reduce the level of FM because its only 2 laps, normally I can run on FM1 in that last lap...(and in many cases I can also run a faster tyres on the 2 lap stints)

Last edited:
Back