La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Not that I've run too many different cars at this event, but the 962 seems to really do well here. Even with less than 400hp, it easily out accelerates all the Group 4 cars and absolutely pulverizes them in the high speed sweepers while being far better on fuel and tires. It even does good in the rain.

I also have completed this race with my RX Vision race car, but even with a lot more power, it wasn't as fast.

Last edited:
kjb
I have a question for you guys. When you are setting up cars to run at LeSarthe do you setup them up more fuel usage or speed. I know for me as long as I can get 2 laps and the fast can go really fast I'm okay. I refuse to use slow gas guzzlers 🤣 :lol:. Anyway just curious to know what you guys think as far as that is concerned
For me, it generally depends on which car I'm using. At least in equal machinery (Gr.4 car), if you're good using the MFD, you can achieve both good speed and good fuel economy.

FM6 after exiting Arnage (before the Porsche Curve). Switch back to FM1 at the end of the first sector. The enemy cars are unnecessarily slow through the technical sections and you can still usually pass them. But FM6 in a Gr.4 car is painfully slow down the straights.

I generally don't do much tuning but in a Gr.4 car a reduction of downforce will benefit you on a track with so many straights.

In road cars, I look for something that is decently quick while still being able to make 3 laps on 1 tank of fuel. I try to leave the cars stock other than the required racing tires. Some cars can't quite cut the mustard on a dry race, but once rain is introduced, you can come out with a win in just about anything over 600PP.

In higher PP cars, I will use the Power Restrictor to come under PP requirements. I feel like adjusting a customizable ECU slows down the car too much. I will detune cars in the following order: Power Restrictor, downforce (Front - min, Rear - Max), Ballast, ECU.

18e253aeb2c82-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437764668447967_1710018236124.jpg
18e253afc2f63-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437765298315141_1710020696543.jpg

Found another car that set up properly you can do 8 laps without pitting for tyres or fuel, it will do 8 laps on IMs!

View attachment 1335682View attachment 1335683no

Found another car that set up properly you can do 8 laps without pitting for tyres or fuel, it will do 8 laps on IMs!
Wow !!!!
Unbelievable low tyre wear and judging from the pic , has still fuels for one lap more.
Definitely ill try it using your settings first.
Your lap times also are very close together that reveals very " steady " driving, excellent work mate.

Edit

Just test your settings once to get and the daily ticket.
I did 4 laps on AT and 3 on MT just for practice to get use to it and not for saving fuels which practically doesn't need to do it.
Lap times isn't " clear " since i had traffic, penalties etc.and am running at normal mode couple of months now since i didn't change it from last time i use it at SPA race.

I think will be interesting also to see if he can win at SPA without stop also at least at the easy level.

IMG_20240310_085501894.jpg

Last edited:
Wow !!!!
Unbelievable low tyre wear and judging from the pic , has still fuels for one lap more.
Definitely ill try it using your settings first.
Your lap times also are very close together that reveals very " steady " driving, excellent work mate.

Edit

Just test your settings once to get and the daily ticket.
I did 4 laps on AT and 3 on MT just for practice to get use to it and not for saving fuels which practically doesn't need to do it.
Lap times isn't " clear " since i had traffic, penalties etc.and am running at normal mode couple of months now since i didn't change it from last time i use it at SPA race.

I think will be interesting also to see if he can win at SPA without stop also at least at the easy level.

View attachment 1335757
Forgot to add that all my testing with the Hyundai was on FM6

kjb
So your tune runs on IM tires the entire race? I might have to try this out
I think i have and i an option with non stop tune and a bit more power but need to check it out.
I open a new sheet to copy @jrbabbitt tune but my previous was also at 700pp with intermediate tyres .
After our race at class or Titans ill check it out and test it cause i haven't use it long time ago.

Curious, does anyone have a faster car for this than the Honda Ra272? It's wonderfull and does 3:56~ laps

I tried it at SPA, it can do the 1 hour without pitstop, at the 699PP lemans setting. Any increase in power will eat away the fuel economy and tyre wear. It will be slower than the other cars but you do catch up with them in the turns as you can go faster in turns than the AI opponents and when you can stay out of pit road you will gain that additional time, I was almost 2 minutes above P2 at the end of 23 laps / 1 hour.

Curious, does anyone have a faster car for this than the Honda Ra272? It's wonderfull and does 3:56~ laps
In order from what i remember right now. Perhaps they are and some swapped cars but i can't remember them

Suzuki Escudo ( FM6 3 laps )
Aston dp 100 VGT with MT gears only
Nissan R92CP
Mazda 787

The first two are enough under 3.50
And the two C1 group are close to 3.50 and since you're good golding the TT's won't be a problem for you ,also need only one stop .

I don't remember what Aston pull out exactly in laps , if it's 3-4 or whatever but under right hands and MT gears with dry weather is deadly fast and perhaps the faster of all .

They are also other cars swapped or not that can go faster than 3.56 , but can do only two laps and some times only at FM6 and fuel saving but that not a race , its how soon i can reach the pits 😂

Last edited:
I tried something last night just to see if I could do it and I was shocked that it worked, I took the "Maytag Washer" out for a "spin cycle" at Le Mans.
It has Heavy Wets tyres and they lasted all race, did not have to change them but I did have to refuel after 5 laps @ FM6.
Here is short clip of my pitstop...

My lord those rear tyres are fat and in the pit you can hear the fan engine running also.

Last edited:
I tried something last night just to see if I could do it and I was shocked that it worked, I took the "Maytag Washer" out for a "spin cycle" at Le Mans.
It has Heavy Wets tyres and they lasted all race, did not have to change them but I did have to refuel after 5 laps @ FM6.
Here is short clip of my pitstop...

My lord those rear tyres are fat and in the pit you can hear the fan engine running also.

I quess wearing heavy wets it's the only way to race there , am i right ?

I like this car but gt7 pp system just kill it , back in gt6 was a monster .

I too am curious about fast lap times at 700pp. Did a quick google search and didn't find much. I'd guess sub 3:40?
To win you should do sub 4:15...
To win easy you should do sub 4:10...
To wear a smug face you should do at least sub 4:05...
To consider yourself one of the fast boys you should do sub 4:00...
But sub 3:40 is definitly alien class!

And all that only counts, if you do this while having enough fuel to finish the whole 30min race and still have tyres on your rims after two laps...like smoothebore already mentioned in his answer

I can do a sub 4:00 withe the engine swapped DeLorean and a 700PP tune on FM1 and with soft tyres, but I can't win the race like that...

To win you should do sub 4:15...
To win easy you should do sub 4:10...
To wear a smug face you should do at least sub 4:05...
To consider yourself one of the fast boys you should do sub 4:00...
But sub 3:40 is definitly alien class!

And all that only counts, if you do this while having enough fuel to finish the whole 30min race and still have tyres on your rims after two laps...like smoothebore already mentioned in his answer

I can do a sub 4:00 withe the engine swapped DeLorean and a 700PP tune on FM1 and with soft tyres, but I can't win the race like that...
Many cars are able to sub 4.00 .
The faster car I've run here is the Escudo with 2 stops FM6 and is sub 3.50's but i don't remember now what was my faster lap.
Also is very " glitch" tune like many i think.
Yesterday was trying the Hyundai VGT ,
One digit up the power and raze the pp ( logical) one digit down and again raze the pp 😂😂 .

@kjb ill try @jrbabbitt settings today with the " fridge " , never stop surprise us with his discoveries .
Ill make a note after and hope to get dry race.

Many cars are able to sub 4.00 .
The faster car I've run here is the Escudo with 2 stops FM6 and is sub 3.50's but i don't remember now what was my faster lap.
Also is very " glitch" tune like many i think.
Yesterday was trying the Hyundai VGT ,
One digit up the power and raze the pp ( logical) one digit down and again raze the pp 😂😂 .

@kjb ill try @jrbabbitt settings today with the " fridge " , never stop surprise us with his discoveries .
Ill make a note after and hope to get dry race.
Ok, I must admit I was writing this from my very personal perspective, and that is using only tuned up and customized road cars...

With Gr1 cars, VGTs and novelity cars like the Escudo better should be no problem...

Ok, so sub 3:40 might be a bit optimistic, at least for "legit" cars. Maybe a super alien could do it but probably not for mere mortals. Maybe a really glitched car? I've got a few in mind that might be possible... And yes I realize that fast laps in a timed event are totally irrelevant, but it's a goofy challenge to break up the grind :)

Perhaps with some " trick " you can write an under 3.40 lap @kartrcr08 .
Take Escudo for a ride ,pit at end of 6th lap and with the most fuel saving way , crawling i guess do 7th and shoot the 8th one .
Also you need " warm " hands to avoid mistakes and penalties at his blistering pace.

Am surprised how good it felt @jrbabbitt " fridje "
Unfortunately i face rain at both of my runs

First
IMG_20240313_204214573_HDR.jpg

Second and i change tyres

IMG_20240313_212623417_HDR.jpg

i bought and another one for spare.
I made 5 laps FM6 and 2 at FM1.
Can he enter to the 8 lap Kingdom ?
Am working on it trying to set it as good as he gets .
I didn't expect to " hold " that good on heavy wet tyres .
Perhaps with a wise FM settings for 4 lap stints. can make it .
That's really a challenge.
Also with only 3 gears isn't difficult to use MT gears as i use yesterday both my runs.
Did some trial laps yesterday on AT gears to see how fast can i go.

A 4.02 plus was encouraging.
If i can get 4 laps at FM4 or FM3 might be possible without penalties and mistakes.

Last edited:
Perhaps with some " trick " you can write an under 3.40 lap @kartrcr08 .
Take Escudo for a ride ,pit at end of 6th lap and with the most fuel saving way , crawling i guess do 7th and shoot the 8th one .
Also you need " warm " hands to avoid mistakes and penalties at his blistering pace.
Okay that Escudo is completely broken! I've had it forever, I think drove it once on Sardegna, hated it and tossed it in the garage. I took your advice to take it for a ride. Put Praiano old 1.31 tune on it, just made 6th gear a little taller for the track and away we go. Keep in mind that I haven't driven this car in over a year, I'm on PS4, controller and AT, and not very fast at all. Had in mind a 3-2-2 strategy not knowing if there'd be enough fuel to try FM1 on lap 2 or only lap 7. Plenty of fuel, could do 4 laps on FM6 with a little bit of saving even on AT, but I went for the 2 fast tries..... Lap 2 result: 3.44 with a 1 second penalty for kissing the blue paint leading on to Mulsanne. Lap 7 : 3.42 on a very damp track, sub 3:40 is doable! A reminder to anyone wanting to try this, keep an eye on the race time remaining clock on lap 6, you don't want to start lap 7 with more than 3:30 left, " crawling" as smoothbore12 said.

Okay that Escudo is completely broken! I've had it forever, I think drove it once on Sardegna, hated it and tossed it in the garage. I took your advice to take it for a ride. Put Praiano old 1.31 tune on it, just made 6th gear a little taller for the track and away we go. Keep in mind that I haven't driven this car in over a year, I'm on PS4, controller and AT, and not very fast at all. Had in mind a 3-2-2 strategy not knowing if there'd be enough fuel to try FM1 on lap 2 or only lap 7. Plenty of fuel, could do 4 laps on FM6 with a little bit of saving even on AT, but I went for the 2 fast tries..... Lap 2 result: 3.44 with a 1 second penalty for kissing the blue paint leading on to Mulsanne. Lap 7 : 3.42 on a very damp track, sub 3:40 is doable! A reminder to anyone wanting to try this, keep an eye on the race time remaining clock on lap 6, you don't want to start lap 7 with more than 3:30 left, " crawling" as smoothbore12 said.
Sub 3:40 has been done in this race.

3.42 is a very good time already .
Well done mate .
The problem with that car is the tune which is outrageous broken.
Haven't drive this for months and i don't know how things might change under so many updates.
Ill check my old tune if is working and ill share it .
Praiano tune isn't working that well here as i remember.
Needed to change few things to be able to use intermediate tyres and change the gearbox, also is very twitchy under braking.
Am an average player also and i use mostly AT gears except few cases , so if i can do it, you definitely can do it also .
More info tomorrow ( i hope ) .

Spend enough time today for @kartrcr08 first and to drive again my very first car that gave me the win on neoclassical races since didn't have any C1 car back then.
I manage to enter sub 40's but wasn't happy at all from my settings.

IMG_20240315_211843586_HDR.jpg

So i went to TT and try to set it to catch the faster time .
With that i was able to run at .3.33 which means a sub 40 at race couldn't be hard at FM1 .
Escudo has tremendous capabilities of fuel saving if you're not let the turbo to charge .
A penalty more than 0.500 is disastrous due to turbo lag .
Also if you try it you will find that top speed is " limited " but couldn't set the gearbox farther to avoid more delay from turbo lag.
IMG_20240315_221911552_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240315_221927442_HDR.jpg

Perhaps in another tune could be way better but am not @AlexWilmot 😂

Back