La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Well done! I'll give your tune a try, very different from mine, best TT for me has been 3.38.
Best way to achieve that is at second lap , pass the AI at first and shoot second lap which definitely you can't face rain .
Pit on 3rd and you can have one more try on 5th lap if it's stays dry .
If you take a penalty at 5th lap or it doesn't seems that you can make it , pit again at fifth lap to shoot the 7th one calculating that the timer will stop before you pass the line .

Another thing is using MT gears at the fuel saving laps can be very useful especially if you don't left the turbo load and for last if you hit dry race but you fall for any reason,push the button and choose new try ensuring that you will face the same dry weather.
Note that one second penalty, cost at least two seconds in lap time or more.

I can't spend more time on this today , perhaps using different gear box than manual with lower hp would be better if less turbo lag appears but i can't tell if I don't test it.

It's up to you now , am waiting your response mate.

Well I had some pocket change and I got me a new car for my collection and the first thing i did was to get it ready for the trip to Le Mans. Gave it the full workup and played around with suspension and differential to get it to not be so twitchy on exits of turns and I got the best I could from the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta '38.
I ran my race starting at FM6 and it is slow going but i held on as the race progressed I slowly was passing the other cars. At FM6 you will get 4 laps and if you are doing some fuel con with slipstream and coasting you can get 5. This is where the strategy is, when you fill up, go for a full tank of fuel as you will need to get into FM1 on the last lap or two just to pass P1 before finishing in the 7th lap (depending on rain)
I barely got this one and after race realized that I was using the Low-end Supercharger and not the High (could have used the extra horse or two)
Here are my settings...
18e4812e1fb78-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437915008388452_1710605501517.jpg

18e4812cd0366-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437915006101761_1710605492585.jpg

18e4812f2c783-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437915019147934_1710605543546.jpg

Best way to achieve that is at second lap , pass the AI at first and shoot second lap which definitely you can't face rain .
Pit on 3rd and you can have one more try on 5th lap if it's stays dry .
If you take a penalty at 5th lap or it doesn't seems that you can make it , pit again at fifth lap to shoot the 7th one calculating that the timer will stop before you pass the line .

Another thing is using MT gears at the fuel saving laps can be very useful especially if you don't left the turbo load and for last if you hit dry race but you fall for any reason,push the button and choose new try ensuring that you will face the same dry weather.
Note that one second penalty, cost at least two seconds in lap time or more.

I can't spend more time on this today , perhaps using different gear box than manual with lower hp would be better if less turbo lag appears but i can't tell if I don't test it.

It's up to you now , am waiting your response mate.
Thanks for all the great tips, finally got it done! Second lap 3:36! Super fun challenge, very engaging. I used a combo of bits of your tune and Praiano, switched to the high RPM turbo but stuck with taller gearing, 140 for 1st..360 for 6th. Too tall for FM6 but was only focused on the two FM1 laps. First gear might still be a bit tall, will test more, but I found not being on the boost right at the exit of 1st gear corners reduced wheel spin and allowed TC0. I'm now convinced this car can do sub 3:30, probably not by me, but I'll try.
Will post screenshot tomorrow, my adult children are coming for St Patricks Day, they'll show their geezer dad how to do it :)

Thanks for all the great tips, finally got it done! Second lap 3:36! Super fun challenge, very engaging. I used a combo of bits of your tune and Praiano, switched to the high RPM turbo but stuck with taller gearing, 140 for 1st..360 for 6th. Too tall for FM6 but was only focused on the two FM1 laps. First gear might still be a bit tall, will test more, but I found not being on the boost right at the exit of 1st gear corners reduced wheel spin and allowed TC0. I'm now convinced this car can do sub 3:30, probably not by me, but I'll try.
Will post screenshot tomorrow, my adult children are coming for St Patricks Day, they'll show their geezer dad how to do it :)
Happy for you my friend , glad to help it somehow.
3,36 its hell of a time .

3,30 sub lap at race it's for residents of Mars, Venus and other planets 🤣 not for us anyway

Last edited:
Did one race today for Daily ticket purposes and none of my previous tunes with Escudo that test 2 days ago could accept wet tyres at all !!!!!

Anyway using that tune without high rpm turbo and racing gear box i still managed an 3,36 hight that could be lower but the traffic wasn't helpful 😕
IMG_20240317_093944162_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240317_094006996_HDR.jpg

Its so damn broken tune ,what i use 2 days ago didn't accept it today 🥳 even with enough pp down 😵‍💫

Last edited:
I used a detuned 2J following @jrbabbitt. I used FM6 for the 1st 4 laps and it was like it was driving in molasses. If I had kept it FM6 I could have done 6 laps but I changed it to FM5 for a lap then after putting I changed it FM1 and it was flying I think I took like 9 seconds off my fastest lap on lap 7. So I think next I may use FM3 or 4 to get maybe 4 laps.

kjb
I used a detuned 2J following @jrbabbitt. I used FM6 for the 1st 4 laps and it was like it was driving in molasses. If I had kept it FM6 I could have done 6 laps but I changed it to FM5 for a lap then after putting I changed it FM1 and it was flying I think I took like 9 seconds off my fastest lap on lap 7. So I think next I may use FM3 or 4 to get maybe 4 laps.
Apology, I tune and drive with fuel economy and tyre wear in mind, I like speed but i like the challenge of going the distance.

Apology, I tune and drive with fuel economy and tyre wear in mind, I like speed but i like the challenge of going the distance.
No apologies needed. Like I said I could have went the 6 laps without refueling which is really good. I just got impatient. Now that I know it can be done I will probably try again at some point. TBH it never crossed my mind to Wets on the 2J so thank you for posting the tune and giving me another option for LeMans

Been using the Crown with this set up. Love this car.
IMG_3793.png
IMG_3794.png
IMG_3795.png

In VR I’m looking at the distance to empty on the car’s instrument cluster. This way I can display the weather map and not have to flick back and forth between that and fuel.
A initial race while using the fuel map: Shifting at 6000rpm FM1 I can get six laps. Shifting at 6500rpm FM6 yields 8 laps.

That's it! Looking for a new car to try, maybe the LT-1 swapped mazda roadster?
I never ride this one so i can't tell.
Perhaps some swapped cars can do the " trick " but nothing from what i try comes to mind that can achieve that .
Even the faster cars with huge top speed at straights they suffer in brakes and need much more distance to stop ,also they suffer from excessive tyre wear and unfortunately are fuel burners
. Don't want to disappoint you but if you find any, ill be glad to share it with us .

As I tried out the new TT I was thinking maybe I can work this way on to LeMans and no matter how I fiddled tweaked and even rebuilt the Chaparral to get it to work at Le Mans I couldn't get it under $825 PP so therefore I made a custom race with all the details of our standard race 6X fuel 10x tires and and tried it out finding out it can only do one lap without having to recharge its battery tire wear was great but the car was so bad so I took this car that I had one in a roulette spin and sold it cuz it is truly a worthless car

As I tried out the new TT I was thinking maybe I can work this way on to LeMans and no matter how I fiddled tweaked and even rebuilt the Chaparral to get it to work at Le Mans I couldn't get it under $825 PP so therefore I made a custom race with all the details of our standard race 6X fuel 10x tires and and tried it out finding out it can only do one lap without having to recharge its battery tire wear was great but the car was so bad so I took this car that I had one in a roulette spin and sold it cuz it is truly a worthless car
Same here. I won in a wheel spin. Ran it once and sold it. Blech.

Curious, does anyone have a faster car for this than the Honda Ra272? It's wonderfull and does 3:56~ laps
Yup,the Skyline Hard Top with engine swap will give the 272 a run for its money as will the Porsche Carerra 356.But they won’t match the fuel economy,the Skyline comes close for the whole race.

Aston DP-VGT: four laps on hard slicks FM6 short shifting to save fuel. Change to Inters for two laps and fuel to 80%, back onto hard slicks no more fuel. 8 laps in total, Everyone lapped this car is simply a beast.
Rain was light showers when I came in for inters and radar didn't indicate major change by the time I left the pits radar showed spots of yellow level rain. Maximum I saw on track was 3/4 of the gauge which soon reduced.

Ran a 7-lap, non-stopper with a detuned C9. Used RH, which showed little wear. Once I got the lead, I needed to use some fuel saving on the second lap. Weather was good, a light misting on the 4th lap, no need to change tires.

Am waiting the GT legend that will come at the upcoming update.
Toyota GT one .
How it will be at La Sarthe ?
He will join the top spot with R92CP and 787 ?
He will be even better ?

Just hope realising this one ,to do not affect the rest of the group performance by nerfing the pp with the Bop the pop and rock and roll as they do sometimes.

Can't wait to put my hands on it and hope PD don't put it in the category........ another one bites the dust.

So I'm gonna try something that I'm only capable of doing I'm gonna 24H this race.:lol:

What I mean since the race is 30 minutes each I'll have to do it 44 times to reach 24H.

Gonna try it over 2 days so 22 times each.

Place your bets will I make it or how many you think I can do.
You can do it I have faith

Toyota GT one .
How it will be at La Sarthe ?
He will join the top spot with R92CP and 787 ?
He will be even better ?

Just hope realising this one ,to do not affect the rest of the group performance by nerfing the pp with the Bop the pop and rock and roll as they do sometimes.

Can't wait to put my hands on it and hope PD don't put it in the category........ another one bites the dust.

Toyota GT one .
Sorry for the double quote. I'm curious what category it's placed in? It's got to be Gr.1, but the only car in the game the GT one actually raced against at Le mans, the Mercedes CLK '98, is Gr 2 in game. The rules were very odd in the late nineties, just bring back the Nissan 390 and the original Audi R8, that made it's debut in 1999, and how about the winner in 1999, one of my favorite Gran Turismo cars of all time .. the BMW V12 LMR!

I love the Toyota GT one, but I still have nightmares of the final licence test in, got to be GT3 ?, the one lap of Monte Carlo...shivers to a newbie.

I took the Lambo VGT to LeMans and used this this setup. If it didn't rain I would have gotten 6 laps and not have to change the tires at all it was pretty fast too. So it can be used here and Sardegna. I was only to get 4.19 on my fastest lap so I'm sure it can go faster than in more capable hands
18e7f8c2a9375-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e7f8a732a93-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back