List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Pseudo R8 GT4 incoming.
fa2728d9d77ceba7149acbf9293e0ae5_photo.webp

:sly:

Cadillac DPI-VR/V-Series.R > to be added (but I think there is a sort of exclusive license with Forza)
Quick note on this one - the V.Series R is in iRacing and Automobilista 2 as well as FM, so unless Turn 10 are signing "block only Gran Turismo specifically" licencing agreements there probably isn't exclusivity around it.

Quick note on this one - the V.Series R is in iRacing and Automobilista 2 as well as FM, so unless Turn 10 are signing "block only Gran Turismo specifically" licencing agreements there probably isn't exclusivity around it.
it might be a console exclusive deal like they had with Mclaren before - not sure if thats still in a effect

btw GT-One in Gr.2 BoP has almost spot on '98 model specs , outside of BoP it is much like pretty much pre LMP as it should be

Last edited:
it might be a console exclusive deal like they had with Mclaren before - not sure if thats still in a effect

btw GT-One in Gr.2 BoP has almost spot on '98 model specs , outside of BoP it is much like pretty much pre LMP as it should be
Sounds perfect for a 1998 Race car and Road car replica then (Don't forget the appropriate decals for the front and rear Louvers)

How much tuning did you apply and what PP did you end up at?
Still working on it.

Only need to add ballast. So, don’t have to spend on lowering the weight.
1,460 kg (homologation weight)
I aimed for the Cayman BOP of 619.13, even though the R8 is essentially the Huracan.
Built two so far. If you buy weight reduction(green car) the car drops a little PP from the yellow car.
IMG_3865.png
IMG_3866.png
IMG_3867.png
IMG_3868.png
IMG_3869.png

Ran the R8 GT4, AMG GT4 and A110 GT4 with the Gr.4 Cayman at Barcelona 10 minutes, 1x fuel & tyres. The top four(R8, R8, AMG, Cayman) were within 1.8 seconds of each other. The rest of the field(me in a Cayman starting last) were 11 seconds behind P1, but all within 10 seconds from 5th to 20th. Tight clusters from start to finish. So far so good for the R8. :)

Adding Gr.4 Vantages and Gr.4 Mustangs to the grid. Spa is next and then Monza for a final high speed test.

@05XR8 Thanks, going to play around with it over the weekend.
I’m happy with the set up. I’ve selected one of the three AI R8s to view how it went in this race.

In the end, the R8 that stared 3rd moved up(by taking advantage of the battling P1 Gr.4 M4 and P2 AMG GT R) to win the race in a four car scrap with a Gr.4 M4 & Mustang and AMG GT R. Good stuff.

Ran the R8 GT4, AMG GT4 and A110 GT4 with the Gr.4 Cayman at Barcelona 10 minutes, 1x fuel & tyres. The top four(R8, R8, AMG, Cayman) were within 1.8 seconds of each other. The rest of the field(me in a Cayman starting last) were 11 seconds behind P1, but all within 10 seconds from 5th to 20th. Tight clusters from start to finish. So far so good for the R8. :)

Adding Gr.4 Vantages and Gr.4 Mustangs to the grid. Spa is next and then Monza for a final high speed test.

In the end, the R8 that stared 3rd moved up(by taking advantage of the battling P1 Gr.4 M4 and P2 AMG GT R) to win the race in a four car scrap with a Gr.4 M4 & Mustang and AMG GT R. Good stuff.
Really cool stuff - only missing that newer Vantage and maybe add that Camaro GT4 aswell :D

Last edited:
It’s way past time the 570S should have been in from the start of GT Sport. Even added as an alt GT3 & GT4 option like several other manufacturers. Definitely the Vantage and Camaro.
Would have been interesting to see the Evoras from the datamine.
  • evora_gt3m_xx
    evora_gt4m_xx

It’s way past time the 570S should have been in from the start of GT Sport. Even added as an alt GT3 & GT4 option like several other manufacturers. Definitely the Vantage and Camaro.
Would have been interesting to see the Evoras from the datamine.
  • evora_gt3m_xx
    evora_gt4m_xx
that is true about 570S but still its being used in some GT4 races
and its a shame that we didn't even see those racing evora's by PD only the road car

Last edited:
As for Gr.2...

Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19 > Current equipment. (2020-spec wing available from GT Auto)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 > BMW M4 Turbo DTM '19 (equipment on loan from McLaren, anyway)
Honda NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 > Honda Civic Type R GT500 '24
Lexus RC F GT500 '16 > Lexus LC500 GT500 '19 (last season for Lexus brand in GT500)
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98 > Mercedes-AMG C-Coupé DTM '18
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 > Nissan Z GT500 '24
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 > Toyota GR Supra GT500 '24

EDIT:
Other marques to consider in the class:
Aston Martin Vantage DTM '19
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car '23 (the Garage 56 car)
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 '98
Porsche 911 GT1 Evo '97 or Porsche RS Spyder '06 (pending Z11SN precedent, assuming that returns)

Last edited:
As for Gr.2...

Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM '19 > Current equipment. (2020-spec wing available from GT Auto)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 > BMW M4 Turbo DTM '19 (equipment on loan from McLaren, anyway)
Lexus RC F GT500 '16 > Lexus LC500 GT500 '19 (last season for Lexus brand in GT500)

EDIT:
Porsche 911 GT1 Evo '97 or Porsche RS Spyder '06 (pending Z11SN precedent, assuming that returns)
Pretty nice list 👍

that Chevrolet Camaro Race Car '23 is unlikely because of Nascar licence

imho something like 2019 McLaren Senna GTR racing car would fit really nice into Gr.2 too heh

Last edited:
As for Gr.2...

EDIT:
While I quite agree on the idea of a Gr. 2 containing only GT500 or similar cars, such as those of the DTM (Class 1 Touring Cars), for the GT1s of the late 90s instead I would prefer a class of their own, perhaps they could coexist with the prototypes of LMP900/LMGTP/LMP1 class from the early 2000s. It would be a dream.

I don't see the Zytek Z11SN returning despite the Jann connection. Closest thing to a P2 that could turn up is the Ligier JSPX (which is literally an unrestricted P2 car) but even that's a stretch considering PD haven't touched a LMP constructor that wasn't linked with a major Manufacturer (or even licensed under one) in years.

Last edited:
If the “major” players are feeling so down in GTWS, maybe now a refresh of cars should be brought forth.

As is always discussed in this thread, refresh the grid. Since licensing official cars are the problem, use cars from the updated op.

GTAm, A110, AMG GT R, DB11, R8 V10+, C8, SRT Demon, F8, Genesis X without Gr.3 aero, RWD NSX or RWD FL5 Civic Type R, KTM GT-XR, RWD Huracan, Gr.4 RX-Vision non-widebody, RWD Evo X, RWD R35 or Z, RWD RCZ, BRZ, Gr.4 Suzuki VGT, Gr.4 Beetle or RWD GTI.

I’m posting nothing players new, but just breaking it down to use the current cars would help to balance the Gr.4 class of cars.

If the “major” players are feeling so down in GTWS, maybe now a refresh of cars should be brought forth.

As is always discussed in this thread, refresh the grid. Since licensing official cars are the problem, use cars from the updated op.

GTAm, A110, AMG GT R, DB11, R8 V10+, C8, SRT Demon, F8, Genesis X without Gr.3 aero, RWD NSX or RWD FL5 Civic Type R, KTM GT-XR, RWD Huracan, Gr.4 RX-Vision non-widebody, RWD Evo X, RWD R35 or Z, RWD RCZ, BRZ, Gr.4 Suzuki VGT, Gr.4 Beetle or RWD GTI.

I’m posting nothing players new, but just breaking it down to use the current cars would help to balance the Gr.4 class of cars.
Well the “major” players are feeling down because they reduced the number of people who can qualify , it is not because of cars xD

also GTWS is only using Gr.3 - plus i think Gr.4 is well balanced now just it would need a refresh just like Gr.3

Last edited:
Well the “major” players are feeling down because they reduced the number of people who can qualify , it is not because of cars xD

also GTWS is only using Gr.3 - plus i think Gr.4 is well balanced now just it would need a refresh just like Gr.3
Oh, I’m saying if they’re out, no need to concentrate on the Gr.3 cars. :sly:

I wanna briefly discuss Gr.4 in particular. I'm convinced early-90s DTM cars like the racing-spec version of the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II or the Opel Calibra would go into Gr.4. So would GT300 cars from Super GT/JGTC that have ~300HP, whereas it seems that after a point, GT300 cars started getting a lot more power, as we can observe with the 2021 Subaru BRZ that goes into Gr.3. That car has 478HP, too - a relatively far cry from the 300HP that defined GT300 in the past.

Furthermore, I have noticed that of all the automakers with more than one Gr.4 entry, they usually have different drivetrains. But if they have the same drivetrain - with Toyota being the sole example of this - then at least the aspiration differs, with the 86 Gr.4 being NA while the Supra Gr.4 is turbocharged. I think this could give us a hint as to what Gr.4 additions would be likelier than others. However, this may be purely coincidental, as various Gr.3 cars do indeed have identical drivetrains and aspiration types, with Nissan being an excellent example - all four machines are both FR and turbocharged. Of course, I also know that Gr.3 is limited to FR/MR drivetrains, so that may explain why it's only Gr.4 where none of the automakers with multiple cars have the same exact drivetrain and aspiration combination, as more drivetrain types are indeed permitted.

So now that I think about it, I suppose I'm not truly 100% sure of what could be likely additions to Gr.4, but I'd love to see more early-90s DTM racers - if only the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II race car last seen in GT6 - as well as various GT300 racers. Speaking of GT300, I think the Lexus LC 500h GT300 would be an excellent contemporary replacement for the RC F GT3.

EDIT: I also admit I'm a little skeptical of flooding the LCD with various older GT300 cars that are sufficiently old enough, like the Mitsubishi FTO GT300, but of the two major classes I had been thinking of, I don't think there'd be too many cars that'd have to go to the LCD, as most of the actual cars I had in mind would likely be just new enough to go into Brand Central. Especially the various GT300 cars, namely those from Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and even RE-Amemiya.

Last edited:
From the datamine, the Amemiya FD and Garaiya would surely be LCD, but if the FTO GT300 were added, I’d bet it would get the TC treatment like the Gr.4 Silvia and be placed in Brand Central.

From the datamine, the Amemiya FD and Garaiya would surely be LCD, but if the FTO GT300 were added, I’d bet it would get the TC treatment like the Gr.4 Silvia and be placed in Brand Central.
They are not models from the 90s and older so they would go in Brand Central under "RE Amemiya" and "ASL".

if the FTO GT300 (I assume you mean the FTO LM Race car from GT4) were added, I think it would be in GR.3

Last edited:
They are not models from the 90s and older so they would go in Brand Central under "RE Amemiya" and "ASL".

if the FTO GT300 (I assume you mean the FTO LM Race car from GT4) were added, I think it would be in GR.3
It wouldn't be Gr.3, it's 4WD and that's not allowed in Gr.3

One of the big old problems about the rubbish Gr. system they swear by.

Back