Little Big Planet 1

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,244 comments
My god. I read this thread, and everybody is happy & excited, having fun with the game. I downloaded the game as the part of PSN Welcome back thing. I did not get it. :crazy:

Everybody I know, everybody on here are raving about the game. I guess I should give it another shot!

Quick question, I haven't played online levels yet, but do the creators have the ability to include stickers and materials/costumes in their levels?

Creators (anyone) can not only include stickers, but also objects as prizes, but they can't include costume items. However, there are literally thousands of community levels that give very easy to follow instructions on how to make incredible costumes using custom made stickers in combination with standard costume items. Just search for "costume" levels.

My god. I read this thread, and everybody is happy & excited, having fun with the game. I downloaded the game as the part of PSN Welcome back thing. I did not get it. :crazy:

Everybody I know, everybody on here are raving about the game. I guess I should give it another shot!

If you wanna co-op lemme know.

Add me for Co-OP 100% on Story Mode levels !! :)

and Please Heart my level and me (the author), I'm trying to get the "Create Trophy" (and all trophies in between of course)

XxOnLySBz4mExX ~ http://lbp.me/v/0y6xt0

P.S. My level also provides various free PS3 trophies (such as Incredible Speed/Height, Sackbird, 2x, 8x, 20x and Hi Score (1million pts) Trophies also free stickers so don't just heart it, play it.

Thanks in advance, enjoy. :)
H4H

If you have LBP2 but want all the items from LBP1, now's probably a good time. There's plenty of people online to help get to the multiplayer areas. Add my casual account if you want to join me: dylansan

I played the demo. In it was one entire stage of superhyping their own game through citations from gamereviews and the rest was frustrating jumps onto stuff that moved and waving the arms and putting faces on. And stickers.

No, I didn't get it either and I'm not giving it another chance.

Sounds like you only got to the first few levels, which were pretty much tutorials. You never even tried making any levels? Or playing past the first 2 story ones? What about online levels?

LBP was and still is one of the highest rated games of all time and won several game of the year and other video game awards, so I don't think the issue is the game, but more of a personal opinion.

Afterall, Godfather is generally considered one of, if not the greatest film ever made, yet on IMDB 25,000 users out of nearly 500,000 gave it the worst possible rating, and thus (assuming they were all truthful and not just acting like typical internet trolls/haters - like so many other "user" online voting sites) they actually believe it is one of if not the worst film ever made.

So if someone doesn't like LBP, it's just their personal opinion and doesn't take away from everyone else tremendous enjoyment of the game.

In my opinion this is the best game in the Welcome Back package - I had put off buying it in the past despite loving the demo... I guess I felt that I would get tired of it too quickly as a 'platform' genre game. How wrong I was!

For starters any game featuring the dynamic yet comfortably familiar voice of Stephen Fry is going to be full of 'win'. The graphics are perfectly cutesy - just at that level that appeals to someone of, well, my *cough* generation. It appeals right on that level that those who grew up with Fingermouse, Chorlton-and-the-Wheelies, Bagpuss and Trumpton will just instantly fall in love with - even the later starters who found childhood solace in Button Moon will see the graphical appeal. Today's children have definitely missed out!

I have played through the tutorial levels so far with no great outstanding surprises and then I started to explore some of the user created content - this is where LBP shines.
I have only dipped into the surface of user levels and the genius of creative imagination is already impressing me - I cannot imagine the amount of time spent on some of these levels, there really is some astounding work out there which adds life to this game and raises, what could be a tired genre, well above the bar.

Oh yes... if I can let go of my steering wheel long enough I will be exploring more of this created universe - it is like diving into the dreams of others. I love it :)

Sounds like you only got to the first few levels, which were pretty much tutorials. You never even tried making any levels? Or playing past the first 2 story ones? What about online levels?
You don't get to do that in the demo. And I realise lots of people belive that the creating and running other people's maps is the real value of LBP and I didn't get to try that. I do think a demo is a chance for the game to prove itself but the LBP demo felt like "we're so good we don't even have to let you play some of the fun, so have a look at the review qutoes instead". That's not good enough. I didn't like Infamous demo either and that too gets rated 9/10 or close to perfect. I think currently I've had it with the open-world-go-explore-and-create theme. I really enyojed Vanquish that was a straightlooking linear game and I love Army of Two: The 40th Day that has been harshly critizised by reviewers and gamers. And rightly so, it does contain stupid stuff, just not the stupid stuff that puts me off. Throw some invisible walls at me, it doesn't bother me. But it would make an open-world fan go nuts. Just goes to show how subjective tastes really are. :)

Oh, I thought you had played the full game but stopped playing early on because you were sick of it.

Fair enough point. But don't let the developer's view of the game change what the game actually is. Just because they keep praising their own game doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't enjoy playing it.

I played the demo. In it was one entire stage of superhyping their own game through citations from gamereviews and the rest was frustrating jumps onto stuff that moved and waving the arms and putting faces on. And stickers.

No, I didn't get it either and I'm not giving it another chance.
I almost did the same with Burnout Paradise. I found the demo very disappointing, but I still gave it a rental. Two hours after popping it in I went to Gamefly's web site and bought it via their "Keep It" program.

Demos are very, very often just a taste of gameplay, and if it is pre-release demo likely not final code for the game.

So, I'm looking to get all the items in the game so I have them for LBP2, but the multiplayer parts are a little difficult because all the people who join my matches are playing it for the first time (from the welcome back package), and aren't all that interested in getting all the items. Therefore, I'm requesting some people to help get the multiplayer items from the temples and the wilderness (the last two worlds), which include quite a few 4x areas. My PSN is dylansan.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help out. :)

Hey, can any of you guys help me with getting hearts, if you wish to heart me then notify me in some way and I'll return the favour :) cheers

Back