LMP: Peugeot or Mazda?

• Thread starter Aqua F1
  • 31 comments
England
Surrey
TomM_F1
I've recently attained both but I have no clue currently which one is best or what they're better at I.E tyre wear, top speed.

Can someone please help me out on this? đź‘Ť

I've recently attained both but I have no clue currently which one is best or what they're better at I.E tyre wear, top speed.

They're very different cars.

Overall? The Pug IMO.

Character? The Mazda without doubt. And as for that sound...

Last edited:

Crikey me its a game go out and drive them, I understand thats whats its all about. And everyone has different driving styles to you.

I didn't realize they were different classes...

Doesn't take a genius to work that out.

And yes, I've driven both but I'm more interested in the tyre wear, top speed. They both seem to handle the same to me and I like them both.

I didn't realize they were different classes...

Doesn't take a genius to work that out.

And yes, I've driven both but I'm more interested in the tyre wear, top speed. They both seem to handle the same to me and I like them both.

Go with your heart then. :)

...or get them both... ;) (20 min. of grinding in the old Enzo at La Sarthe & prob solved!)

Go with your heart then. :)

...or get them both... ;) (20 min. of grinding in the old Enzo at La Sarthe & prob solved!)

I already had them both :sly:. I've decided to go for the Peugeot now, just seem to prefer it after testing them a bit more.

Between the people who lack reading comprehension, and those attempting to split the semantics atom, I wonder why you would ever post another question on this forum.

I've personally found the Peugeot to be the better PROTOTYPE racecar between the two.

There isn't a Mazda LMP in GT5.
The 787B is Group C, not LMP.

Group C racers were grand fathered into the LMP categories around 1993-1994, so they are considered LMP cars as far as the ACO was concerned.

Group Cs are prototypes too.

The Peugeot is better overall, but if you use cockpit view it's hard to see out of. The Mazda has a better view and a better sound and if you are a good driver it will keep up with the Peugeot.

Group C racers were grand fathered into the LMP categories around 1993-1994, so they are considered LMP cars as far as the ACO was concerned.

Group Cs are prototypes too.

Yes but LMP1/LMP900 rules & regulations don't even come close to those of Group C.
I was reffering to LMP as a category, I know that Group C are prototypes too.
Summa summarum - Mazda 787B and Peugeot 908 can't be compared. It's like comparing BMW 3 Series to Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (stupid comparison but you should get my point).
Mazda 787B is a faster race car by default when compared to 908 [have in mind that 787B is by far the worst Group C car in GT5 (performancewise)].

908 is a better LMP.

Last edited:
I have both. I love the 787b in looks, sound and handling. But the Peugeot is better performance all around. It is the faster car. That monster torque really shows off itself coming out of the corner which makes it a bit more forgiving if you screw up the line. The Mazda is pretty close in performance but you really have to be on point. That being said I prefer the overall dynamics of the Mazda.

You make them the same weight 1000kg (with ballast) and you limit their HP to 800 and they're the same, with the exception that the 908 has slightly better handling.

I just wonder how can you possibly say that the 908 is faster?
With an experienced driver behind the wheel - 908 will never be faster than 787B.

If you want to race and be consistent choose de 908, if you want fun and a screaming engine choose de 787.

...Or make a few more "le sarthe grind show" and choose both :D

I will assume that you mean the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP and the Mazda 787B. I have both cars, and I've found the 787B to be freakishly fast. It's also easier to drive. So I'll go with the 787B if that's what you mean. It's also easier to see out of in the in-car view. Both cars are still great and worth getting. So if I had to choose, get your zoom-zoom on with Mazda, player!

I just wonder how can you possibly say that the 908 is faster?
With an experienced driver behind the wheel - 908 will never be faster than 787B.

Dont know if this was in response to my post but you gotta remember OP is asking our opinion. Also of great importance in this discussion is everyone's tune for the respective car. My tuning for the Peugeot 908 may be better than my tune for my 787B hence me and Bob being faster with the Peugeot. Other people, such as yourself are faster with the 787B. No biggie really. I love both of these cars. But I like the 787B the best out of all the LMP/Group C cars even if its not the fastest tuned of my stable.

My only recommendation with the 787B... adjust the transmission for more top speed. I learned this as I hopped up the 787B to race at Indy in Like the Wind. I got the top speed up to about 230 mph to be safe. By the way... I also used the 787B in the Gran Turismo All-Stars. I want to do that one over again to get my revenge from failing to win the championship using the 787B.

A couple of months ago, I tested both of these cars for the best lap times I could put on them at the Sarthe circuit (2009 w/ chicanes). Here are the results (both with Racing Hards, default tunes):

Mazda 787B (Gran Turismo PSP 'Portable Garage' version): 3:30.5

Peugeot 908 (purchased from the premium car dealership with oil change): 3:31.0

So the 787B is quicker, but only very slightly.

Well, I race with DS3, no TC, ESP, SRF, only ABS set to 1 and I don't like the 908 that much. I mean, its nice in terms of fuel consuption but that's all.

I must confess I don't have time to mess with the setups to much, but with a very close to default setup, i think the Mazda is a little faster and far more enjoyable.

The 908 is faster for anything other than a straight line, that's just fact because the 908 is far more advanced than the 787B. That's not to say the 787B is slow but it's not a match for the 908 at all at true top end pace. The 908 is also easier to drive on the edge compared to the 787B and it takes a much bigger effort to get the laptime from the 787B.

Yes but LMP1/LMP900 rules & regulations don't even come close to those of Group C.
I was reffering to LMP as a category, I know that Group C are prototypes too.
Summa summarum - Mazda 787B and Peugeot 908 can't be compared. It's like comparing BMW 3 Series to Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (stupid comparison but you should get my point).
Mazda 787B is a faster race car by default when compared to 908 [have in mind that 787B is by far the worst Group C car in GT5 (performancewise)].

908 is a better LMP.

I see your point.

Actually, I think the 787B was supposed to be in the Group B category due to its relatively underpowered engine compared to the Group C cars.

In any case, the Bentley Speed 8 can deuce on both of these cars in the game.

I see your point.

Actually, I think the 787B was supposed to be in the Group B category due to its relatively underpowered engine compared to the Group C cars.

In any case, the Bentley Speed 8 can deuce on both of these cars in the game.

Group B was rallying. :lol:

Back