Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
What kind of record does everyone have online?

I'm sitting at(W/L) 3808/2034.

Practically the exact same ratio as Mario Kart 7. :lol:

I am 0/0 :P.

Incase anyone was wondering. The GLA stats are the same as the Badwagon. The W25 stats are the same as the Pipe Frame and the 300SL is like the Standard Kart.

WiiU_screenshot_TV_010EC.jpg

Great stuff. :) The preorder for DLC is kinda, "whoa, slow down there, Nintendo." But the price isn't bad, especially for all those new tracks. Besides, I want blue Yoshi. :P

I love how any screenshot I've seen of people trying the new DLC for the first time is always Mount Wario.

It's that good!

Well, Mario Kart 8 took over my Mario Kart 7 play-time(on my XL, anyway) already...

120 Hours 30 mins and counting. :D

In my opinion, Battle mode has been greatly improved by the new map function. 👍
Makes it much more better.

However, some tracks don't need the map; Mario Circuits map is way too confusing to follow.

Guess so but haven't they've been nerved enough.

They were a pain, I know but I feel like they went overboard with the nerving. The impact is just the same as getting hit by a Red Shell. An item that was once feared is now an item that doesn't change anything.

Guess so but haven't they've been nerved enough.

They were a pain, I know but I feel like they went overboard with the nerving. The impact is just the same as getting hit by a Red Shell. An item that was once feared is now an item that doesn't change anything.
Star has been laughably nerfed in this game.

Items that make you go faster than a star:
Bullet Bill
Mushroom (briefly but can be done strategically)
Golden Mushroom.

@RESHIRAM5 Until you race online, you have no idea how much of a pain it is. My blue shell count for this week so far is 18.

It changes everything when youre playing with actual karters.

Am I the only one that feels that the star lasts a shorter time than the star in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash? (I never played MK DS or MK7.)

Am I the only one that feels that the star lasts a shorter time than the star in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash? (I never played MK DS or MK7.)
I don't recall MK7, but the star's value overall (as I stated before) has gone down. Bullet Bill and the Red Shell have gone up, Blue Shell stays the same. Duck Horn (for lack of a better word) is also a very useful item.

I've probably never finished worse than 4th in an online race so my W/L ratio will be interesting. :P

Passed the 125 hour play-time mark yesterday. I have got my money's worth for sure and it's only been a few months!

How's everyone else's playtime?

Wow this thread has been dead for sometime.

Anyways just updated my system today and was quite pleased to see my win/loss record online is 84-7. :)

I think I'm going to wait for SSB4 on Wii U to really start getting into my Wii U again...that's if I even get it. Crossing my fingers for Christmas. :lol:

Back