Meeting with Kazanori Yamauchi him self

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 291 comments
LUCKY, you have done us a great favour by this too. Sooner than we expect for GT5, less than 2 years?:D Sounds promising.
Congrats on your prize, I can't wait for this Super Pro event.:sly:

Yeah, very good read, thanks for posting.👍

Unfortunately K.Y. is really wrong about the RBE.. even friends of mine who never played a racing game before got mad at me when I turned it on on GT4 to 'help' them.
It simply destroys the aspect of simulating real driving!
However if GT5 doesn't have a option to turn it OFF, I won't buy it.
:grumpy:
Yep, totally agree about it ruining the racing. Id still buy the game even if it was in the final product but hopefully that wont be the case. I find it interesting that a game that promotes itself as a driving simulator includes a feature that really belongs in arcade games. Sorta feels like they're trying to cater too much to the general public, rather than more 'hardcore' racers. I know by doing that you maximize your potential sales but really, if you're playing GT, you should be able to drive the cars fairly well & shouldn't need to rely on a catchup feature to be able to compete well or have a chance at winning. That sort of thing belongs in need for speed or midnight club, not gran turismo.

Thank you so much for posting that up.! Was a really enjoyable read and i think we can all say we're all very jealous of your trip to polyphony.

Last edited:
Speaking of FORZA , i told him that he stated in an earlier interviews that he didn't play any other racing games, and i asked him if its true or its just you dont want to mention other contenders names on public?

he answered me yes, i did played servral games.!! the longest time i spend on other game is no more than 3 minutes :), "when i play it , after 3 minute , ahaaa So this is it and then never see it after that" he said :).

Last edited:
Well done super_fla:tup:great job with the Q&A.and well done on getting god himself to sign your new ps3.You deserve all the good fortune that has come your way.peace:)

Thanks for the info 👍 Sounds like you had a great time and would have given anything to do it myself.

As for the questions asked, I think you asked what everyone wanted to know. They obv have some stuff they are holding back.

One thing that made me think though. When you asked about damage and Ferrari not wanting their cars messed with... In Forza 2 they have damage and you can wrecked a Ferrari in that....

Congratulations on such a great prize for your victory! And thanks for taking the time to post that here. Great work!

Great stuff, super_fla. 👍 You must have had a brilliant time and thanks for quizzing him about the stuf we want to know.

I now officially hate you...

:D

Good work! Congrats on a great day! Please gives us some impressions on the two tracks you drove on, and any indication of other cars you got a glimpse of. :)

WOW man, Dream come true!!!
So Perhaps we will see GT5 in 2009? And Private rooms, all the other goodies will be in FULL game.. Oh well, GT5P its still fun and will keep me buisy, as well many other PS3 titles :P

That Signature looks ultra cool on that White PS3, I would not play it once, sell it once GT10 comes out ;) it will be worth a lot of money.

Good questions. I like that he will disable one EVENT! with the RUBBER BAND EFFECT for you :) I might jump in that race too. Altho I hate that effect, but KAZ is right about it... Because online racing right now takes from 3-5 laps, And you have no clue what possition you will have.. SO I agree 100%. And once qualify race will be in, they will take it off! :)

So I see there are signs that they are working more and more on Full game now.

Another good question to ask KAZ is if the rumors were true and are they working with LOGITECH if they are working on new GT wheel G25.

Last edited:
Congrats, you are one lucky man!

My only question is about Nürburgring and La Sarthe, are those the same old GT4 models or are they fully remodelled for HD and PS3? How was physics on those circuits?

Another good question to ask KAZ is if the rumors were true and are they working with LOGITECH if they are working on new GT wheel G25.

i asked him why isn't the G25 officialy available in the game option.

he said thats because its not a gran-turismo official steering wheel, we can't say it is , because it was released way before the GT5P released. he also said that he think that the pedals are so close to each other.

i told him that the pedal is not a problem since it can be easly disassembled and re positioned and i showed him this picture using my mobile (i did all that just to show-off :D)

then he said SOOQOY which mean WAAWOO or incredible and he said thats nice:)

Thank you for taking the time for sharing this with all of us.

One question though.
When Kaz asked you which car you wanted to drive, why didn't you pick one that isn't in GT5Prologue?
Just curious :)

Excellent stuff super_fla, great contribution to GTP and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Congrats, you are one lucky man!

My only question is about Nürburgring and La Sarthe, are those the same old GT4 models or are they fully remodelled for HD and PS3? How was physics on those circuits?

the tracks were definitly in HD and looked very clear and nice. but to be honest i couldn't tell if they were the same as they were in GT4 or not (environment wise)

i also asked him is it true that the game runs at 1080p but not FULL HD (1920*1080) ?

he answered yes its around 1280*1080 and he explained to me why the vertical lines isn't as important as the horizental ones in racing games.

Congratulations Super_Fla, that must of been one really amazing time for you. K.Y seems like a really nice chap.:) I'm sure he would have preferred an interview with a big fan like yourself over meida representative's. Just to be able to gain a greater knowledge of the working's at PD would have been amazing!:) I'm really impressed with your questions...it does seem unfair on them that Ferrari won't allow damage, I feel sorry for them actually.:( It must be tough sometimes, when you think about it, there is many fans saying that they want to see damage...but how is PD meant to make that happen when manufacturer's won't be reasonable? So I hope your insight helps fans see that there are things that PD have to deal with that might cause delays and that there are more challenger's than meets the eye, so to speak.
Thankyou for posting mate,
Much respect,;)👍
Rusty*

Nice one super_fla! 👍

Did you have to sign some kind of non-disclosure-agreement (or just a promise) about things that are not yet supposed to be in the open, but you had a chance to see, e.g. the tracks and cars you were able to glimps? If not, please try to remember the tracks you saw when you were able to play on the Nurburgring.

Perfect post super_fla! Thanks a lot!

One question, did you saw some racecars in the car list?

best regards

the car list im talking about wasn't with pictures, only car names . and if you can understand my feeling that moment you'll excuse me for not recognizing the list while its been scrolled down. all i can remember (and please to count this as official stament :), i know romurs will spread easly over here) i saw a punch of TVR's names. thats what my eyes catch

Nice one super_fla! 👍

Did you have to sign some kind of non-disclosure-agreement (or just a promise) about things that are not yet supposed to be in the open, but you had a chance to see, e.g. the tracks and cars you were able to glimps? If not, please try to remember the tracks you saw when you were able to play on the Nurburgring.

there was no pictures of anything, it was just alot of japanese words and the only thing i could understand was things like F430, TVR, 07 , R35 stuff like that. he chosed the track and the car from some sort of the game data base . not from tha game menu

thanks so much for sharing this with us mate!!!i had a smile on my face the whole time reading your post and viewing those fantastic pictures!!!....

please ,can you tell us a bit about the "feel" of the f430 when you drove it on the nurburgring???did you notice any difference in phisics compaired to the specIII we are racing at this moment???......

spyrrari.

Unbelievable! You have had some real treats, Super Fla! :D

Thanks very much for the enjoyable, informative post. I would have frozen in the Q&A bit and forgot most useful questions!

If you could choose one prize of the following three, which would it be?

1) The GT5: :Prologue racing pod.
2) The flight to Japan with a drive in the new Skyline.
3) Meeting with PD in their offices, Kazanori Yamauchi with Q&A session plus signed ceramic PS3 and PSP.

Well if people started to ask questions about the game, might as well ask while I still can. When you were there, did you have a tour of the whole area? I don't really know where I saw it, but did you try their simulator as well? I think it looked something like this:

173165862_59541a96b8.jpg

Besides this random question, did you spot anything else "interesting" while you were there? Like maybe some race cars or special memobilia....... :)

Back