More black screens after 2.08

I had a problem yesterday when I was in a room and the engine sounds wouldn't play, only my music did and when I tried to leave the track the game froze on me

Wow, this same thing happened to someone in my room last night. He told me about it after he rejoined.

Agh, the 2.08 patch, my biggest nightmare, and the most stressful thing of this week.

At the end of a long day, I like to sit down, and cruise in Law Lobbies (but see my Thread on a rant about them), or join 'boltonroadways' in some Dirty Racing! But, I am ending up more and more stressed with the Black Screen and Freezing issues.

EVERY race, or EVERY TIME I go on track, the game either freezes or crashes completely. Already gone through two Stress Balls this week, and soon, my PS3 will be my new Stress Ball!

Please, the guys who created this update, please fix it, I don't want to be having to buy myself a new PS3 because of your update!

PS: Black Screen or Freezing has occurred 22 times in the last 2 hours, I'm tempted to invest in Xbox Live and play Forza 4 instead!:grumpy:

You guys seem to have it much worse than I

Frequent restarts of my PS3 seems to help the most

The #1 cause of me getting black screens, is joining a lobby and then trying to enter the track. after I leave the pits the screen will go black as it normally does but it will freeze there.

Scaniabebe
We're now up to 27 Freezes or Black Screens in the last 2hours:30min!:/

What, your still trying, you must have a cool temperament.

2 freezes and I'd be off. I think 27 is trying to tell you something.

I'm pretty sure I can write a a whole report on the bugs on GT5 updates. Wait scratch that,a whole book on it

No black screen yet, but every time I load Suzuka or Monza with weather both online and offline, the PS3 would shut itself down during the race track menu or racing. Deleted my game data, reinstall and download all update again, still the same issue :( Not overheating issue obviously, as long as I dont load those tracks, I can play for 6 hours or more no issue, playing other games for hours on end, no issue.

What, your still trying, you must have a cool temperament.

2 freezes and I'd be off. I think 27 is trying to tell you something.

Well, I'm rather p****d off now. This is to such an extent that Nicole (my wife) has dragged me away from the desk, and is making me go Food Shopping, just so I don't loose the plot and damage anything!:indiff:

Scaniabebe
Well, I'm rather p****d off now. This is to such an extent that Nicole (my wife) has dragged me away from the desk, and is making me go Food Shopping, just so I don't loose the plot and damage anything!:indiff:

Ah the old midnight store jobbie.
Plenty of Xbox's round there mate. Lol.

i only have to say is Clear your System Cache

Gee - after 2 years of connection issues - never thought of clearing the cache :rolleyes:

YES - WE KNOW.. I do this EVERY time before I create an open lobby, and have done since first going online when game came out.

We also set the room for best connection too, no fixed host, no visible damage etc etc etc....

As said in previous post - we do everything the same as before 2.08 - but now, post 2:08 it's ridiculous. So blatantly obvious something has happened in 2.08..

Hey PD are you even listening to us?:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Don't be silly, Kaz is far too busy getting freebies from the big auto manufacturers or getting ready for the next Nurb 24hr...

BRING ON PROJECT CARS - GT5 IS DEAD

Highlandor
Gee - after 2 years of connection issues - never thought of clearing the cache :rolleyes:

YES - WE KNOW.. I do this EVERY time before I create an open lobby, and have done since first going online when game came out.

We also set the room for best connection too, no fixed host, no visible damage etc etc etc....

As said in previous post - we do everything the same as before 2.08 - but now, post 2:08 it's ridiculous. So blatantly obvious something has happened in 2.08..

Don't be silly, Kaz is far too busy getting freebies from the big auto manufacturers or getting ready for the next Nurb 24hr...

BRING ON PROJECT CARS - GT5 IS DEAD

Don't clear your Cache, that might work?

I cannot race online anymore since this update. I am in organized leagues and clubs but its impossible to race anymore. I have an excellent connection and havent had many problems in 2 years until 2.08. Until this problem is rectified, its just not worth attempting to play this game.

GT5 very well may be dead :(

Yes, my biggest fear, could become true...

Gran Turismo 5 could be abandoned and our beautiful cars, left to rust on an airfield!:(

Actually, that thought, of my beautiful Hondas, Fords, Renaults and Volkswagens, left to rust on the abandoned GT5 Airfield? That is an awful thought!:(

Polyphony, please amend this problem, I don't want my cars to just rust away in a dusty old corner of my HDD!:(

As Kaz doesn't understand English I hope a video will help him to realize why so many people have stopped playing GT5 since the new update:

5 whole room freezes last night. Full room and everyone frozen. Shut down one by one and as people left they remained visible in the room. We all use mics and could talk freely but no game action. Only way to get out was shut down the game using the PS button quit game. Room had to be abandoned by everyone as it would not clear. Open lobby not fixed.

Starting to get frustrating as the online racing for me is what makes the game.:grumpy:

It's a social event with a group of regular strangers. :crazy:

Since Ive patched to 2.08 there have been 3 instances where the game has frozen at the black screen with the shining GT logo

Was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I'm another one in the same boat as you I'm afraid. It kept happening when the lobby I was in selected SS7.

In the years I have owned my PS3 and the 18 months I have had my copy of GT5 , not once did it do anything weird like this. Since the patch last week it has becoming a more frequent problem :grumpy:👎

I mostly race at Daytona but when the host changes the track that is when trouble starts. Somebody always gets a lock up and has to sign out. A reset by the host doesn't fix the issue. At this point the whole room can lock up. Anyone else seeing this issue in addition to the black screens?

It doesn't matter what circuit you or I are on, what cars we are in, what the room settings are, who we are connected to, whether the Cache is cleared or not, whether the trophies are synced or not, whether the PS3 has been on for a while or just been booted up, whether it's happened once, twice, three times or more already, whether the PS3 is running wired or wireless, what the internet speed is or who the ISP is, the game is guaranteed to crash.

I don't even have to be signed into the PSN for the game to have a 20-25% crash rate before it's even reached the opening title screen.

Within 5 races, If I don't get a blackscreen, get stuck on the starting grid or have my race begin up to a minute later than other people, someone else in the lobby will.

People can try and pin the blame where ever they want and try everything humanly possible to fix it, the simple fact is that this most recent update has more bugs than Charlie Sheen's pubic hair.

Edit: Just to certify that it's not my connection, here's how my speed test come out (which has maxed out at 122Mb/s on uTorrent). Not only is the speed ruled out, but you can barely physically achieve a quicker ping time.

2069761969.png

Last edited:
This has happened to me during free run rooms. Instead of just being stuck with the black screen I can hear the car and drive it (as evidenced by the fact I can hear and feel the car crashing), but I just can't see it. I can even hear other people driving by. Pressing pause does nothing (can't hear the menu pop up) and the only way to exit is to quit from the XMB. It's a shame really, as the rest of 2.08 has been good.

Yep, online is basically broken for me.

Every time I join a lobby with say, 10 or more people, I get :

- Extremely slow loading to pit lane screen
- Very slow transition from pit lane to track
- Sometimes both of those don't work, and I get a black screen
- Sometimes free run works fine, but then race starts, and I just get black screen

Thing is, in free run, when I get the black screen, I can hear my car in the pit lane and coming out of the pit lane, and I hit start to put it into auto-pilot, and I can stil hear other cars around it and sometimes people crashing into my car, they must think I'm a troll or something, but it's just a black screen, can't do anything about it 👎

Back