Most Hated Track on GT7?

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 157 comments
I only have 1 track that really annoys the crap out of me in this game and thats:

MOUNT PANORAMA CIRCUIT (BATHURST)

The guy who designed this track with no overtakes on the hill needs to be shot.

dave chappelle slapping GIF

Last edited:
ZEE
I only have 1 track that really annoys the crap out of me in this game and thats:

It’s a fickled mistress, growing up watching the V8 SuperCars it’s all single file until the final stretch or open straights and it’s crazy that some cases they can manoeuvre the snakes side by side or cut each other up. It’s a great proving ground but not for the faint hearted, I do love a new car test on it though haha

St. Croix is by far the worst track in my opinion. All 3 layouts look and feel the same. All the corners look the same. The scenery is bland. The public roads all lead nowhere, and are unrealistically wide, not to mention way too smooth. Oh, but here's a random bump right on the racing line to make you sweat a little on this corner, and maybe that corner. The whole thing feels like a poor man's la Sarthe, which is very puzzling because... we have la Sarthe already. With a full day/night cycle and rain. And all the prestige and heritage. St. Croix, despite being/because it's a fictional track, can't have any of that.

Blue Moon Bay is also in a similar category, in that it's a poor man's version of a real life circuit, but I can at least understand why it exists: back in GTS, we didn't have Daytona, and so BMB was the best we could've gotten. Now that we have Daytona in GT7 though, BMB just feels like bloat.

Alsace is also in the "so bland and forgettable" category. Again, supposedly public roads that lead nowhere, are way too wide and smooth, and the scenery is just boring and repetitive. Someone tell me what the heck that Test Course bridge is supposed to do as a public road?

I completely fail to understand why Monza is such a big deal. It's just dead choke chicane, dead choke chicane, poor man's Degner, and then finally an actual complex in Ascari before a big, awkward U-turn back into the home straight. Monza T1 is renowned for being chaos both in-game and IRL, and honestly, who wants to watch a race where people trade places back and forth with just slipstream and waiting for the home straight. Monza without its oval is like going to Burger King, but not being able to order any burgers. Why bother?

Autopolis and Catalunya are both just... blargh. They're about two times longer than they ought to be considering they have only has 2 good passing spots, and it's just dirty air hell. Neither "flows" for me, but that's just a personal thing.

Autopolis and Catalunya are both just... blargh. They're about two times longer than they ought to be considering they have only has 2 good passing spots, and it's just dirty air hell. Neither "flows" for me, but that's just a personal thing.
I agree with Autopolis, but Catalunya is one of my favorite tracks. Not for the scenery but the layout to me has pretty decent flow with some challenging corners here and there. Definitely would take Catalunya over the BS that is St. Croix.

Some eye opening surprises for me in here, I can't believe anyone would hate on Brands (my favourite), and Bathurst (hard to overtake sure, but Nordschleife says hello).

I also think Alsace Village is a great little circuit (and Test is hilarious carnage at high PP).

I understand the dislike of Autopolis although it has grown on me, especially the short course.

All configurations of Grand Valley Speedway. I loved this track in previous GT titles, but PD has absolutely ruined this iconic track in its current form
Hermann Tilke happened.
For many of the new 'original' tracks (St. Croix, Dragon Trail, Yamagiwi, etc.) I sorta figure the stupidity in some of the corner sequences that ruin the flow of the track, are due to PDI wanting to prove to the FIA that they too can design tracks at the same level as Tilke.

So most of the hate I see on St. Croix is that people don't know the track well and never know where they are. As someone who likes the track i have 2 words: LEARN IT!!

I only say that as someone who heard that repeatedly while struggling with the Nordschliefe. No, St. Croix isn't real life and it doesn't have the history, but for Gr3 and up I argue it's a much better track for actual racing compared to the Nord. But as with everyone else's choices, that's just my own opinion

So most of the hate I see on St. Croix is that people don't know the track well and never know where they are. As someone who likes the track i have 2 words: LEARN IT!!

I only say that as someone who heard that repeatedly while struggling with the Nordschliefe. No, St. Croix isn't real life and it doesn't have the history, but for Gr3 and up I argue it's a much better track for actual racing compared to the Nord. But as with everyone else's choices, that's just my own opinion
I definitely see the hate since it debuted. It is amusing though. Many complain about the width, but for Sport Mode players, it seems like one of the best circuits for that mode.
When in single player, I just feel it needs more life. Other than that, the corners actually flow. It’s a road circuit(roads that lead to nowhere) with all types of challenging corners. Long straights for top speeds, off camber bends, blind corners, sweepers, bumps, dips…. Oh, now I know where there’s hate… no tunnels!!! :sly::lol:

I guess, repeat for Autopolis. However, I watch Super Taikyu, Super GT and classic videos of Group C cars having raced there. So, I’m not only biased, but I accept the challenge of the circuit. I played it in NFS Shift. So, maybe some don’t know of the circuit before this game.

Anyway, two unorthodox circuits that keep the driver busy… err, I mean, people hate. :cool:

Honestly most of the original tracks in GT7 are crap in my opinion. St. Croix is by far the worst, completely devoid of character, but Kyoto and Sardegna are pretty miserable too. I would gladly pay money for DLCs of real tracks and real cars but apparently PD hates money.

Last edited:
I mostly see the tracks through how fun they are to drive on. My three favorites are probably Nurburgring, Tsukuba, and Deep Forest, for reference.

Fuji and Willow Springs are painfully unfun tracks for me. Every corner at Fuji seems to be designed to kill flow and fun. And big willow is just boring as hell. I don't honestly know why its such a notable track - other than that it's close to Los Angeles and is their de-facto road course.. There are quite a few western hemisphere tracks that would be a lot more fun than that one.

Autopolis feels super generic

Grand Valley feels wrong to me. I don't really understand why they remade it the way they did.

I'm not in love with the Tokyo highway courses. Part of it is that I'm new to the game (I got it a week ago) and I can't seem to develop a good rhythm on them, and part of it is that they don't have the same charm that SSR5/11 had.

St Croix is easily the biggest waste of potential, they could've made something great with a 10km layout but instead they put out a track that doesn't look realistic and doesn't resemble anything. Biggest disappointment.

Otherwise Autopolis is sludge. Sugo is the better track by every metric.

ZEE

Objectively wrong

Honestly most of the original tracks in GT7 are crap in my opinion. St. Croix is by far the worst, completely devoid of character, but Kyoto and Sardegna are pretty miserable too. I would gladly pay money for DLCs of real tracks and real cars but apparently PD hates money.
I strongly disagree with that, I think they've done an excellent job with many original tracks. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a few more real historical tracks, but I'd happily take more PD originals too.

Update: wrong thread

BTW I don't like Bathurst downhill too

Last edited:
Excluding the dirt and snow tracks? Well so:

Saint Croix, in any configuration, it's way too wide and looks weird for a track meant to be on public roads, boring scenery besides the bridge area and it just feels...Lifeless. The shorter tracks at least don't take forever to complete a single lap, but all of the other problems mentioned are still there.

Grand Valley Highway 1, the only thing I like about this revision is that they kept the original layout the same as the classic track. The new ground elevation changes are off-putting with the classic layout of the corners, specially on the downhill of the first sector of both the shorter and the full tracks, the scenery is incredible to look at least, they nailed the vibe of that place.

The Central layout of the Tokyo Expressway, clockwise or counterclockwise, is just way too tight, boring and lifeless...It really only feels okay to race on it if you're driving something under 550pp and preferably small and with lots of grip, even then it still feels lifeless.

The revised Trail Mountain and Deep Forest deserves a passing mention, although I don't think they're that bad as the ones I mentioned.

Last edited:
- Willows Spring. It seems like that damn sand has a magnet and keeps pushing my car off track. Specially last corner.

- Grand Valley. I just can't get used to its new look. I haven't found the flow there. And yes, I've driven on it a considerable amount of laps. Maybe someday.

- Blue Moon and Daytona GP courses. Too much Mickey Mousey turns.

Edit: - Barcelona Catalunya. Forgot to mention that! It works for me in F1 games, but road cars don't get to shine there. No fun it all.

Last edited:
I mostly see the tracks through how fun they are to drive on. My three favorites are probably Nurburgring, Tsukuba, and Deep Forest, for reference.

Fuji and Willow Springs are painfully unfun tracks for me. Every corner at Fuji seems to be designed to kill flow and fun. And big willow is just boring as hell. I don't honestly know why its such a notable track - other than that it's close to Los Angeles and is their de-facto road course.. There are quite a few western hemisphere tracks that would be a lot more fun than that one.

Autopolis feels super generic

Grand Valley feels wrong to me. I don't really understand why they remade it the way they did.

I'm not in love with the Tokyo highway courses. Part of it is that I'm new to the game (I got it a week ago) and I can't seem to develop a good rhythm on them, and part of it is that they don't have the same charm that SSR5/11 had.

St Croix is easily the biggest waste of potential, they could've made something great with a 10km layout but instead they put out a track that doesn't look realistic and doesn't resemble anything. Biggest disappointment.

Otherwise Autopolis is sludge. Sugo is the better track by every metric.

Objectively wrong
Autopolis is getting a lot of hate. I don't hate it anymore because I got gud, but that track was a huge pain to master. It is bland but a technical challenge so in that respect its a good track. I'd still rather have something like Motegi, although it's not quite as technical and just as bland.

If it weren’t for the 1st turn on Autopolis, that is a really fun track. I still can not figure out that first turn.

The hate for St. Croix I can see as being justified. It is a rather large track with a lot of bland and, what feels like, cut and paste turns that are hard to differentiate one from the next. It does feel a bit lifeless. Some parts of the track are fun. Basically any of the flowing turns are a blast to try to string together, but all the 90 degree turns can become boring. At least there is enough room to pass other cars on this track.

Catalunya is actually a good circuit. It works for fast cars. It works for slow cars. You can pass other cars without having to run either them or you off the track (ie. Nord and Mt Panorama). People just need to learn how to drive it. Same thing for Fuji. Learn how to drive it and the track actually works well for racing unlike Nord and Mt Panorama. There is no such thing as side by side racing on either of those circuits. They may be fun to set a PB lap time on, but you have to drive dirty if you want to actually race other cars on those tracks.

Last edited:
I am also of the opinion that most of the original circuits that debuted in the GTS/GT7 are below the creativity and character of the original tracks in the quadrilogy.

In my opinion, only Dragon Trail (both) and Maggiore are worthy of the GT trilogy; both are truly exceptional. Not only because of the layout, but because they have a realistic appeal that convinces. Of course, disregarding the Seaside death chicane.

The other original circuits have an undeniably artificial look, nothing natural, nothing organic, with guardrails very close to the track, without a decent and credible runoff; with standardized, clean and symmetrically perfect curbs.

I'm very curious what the current PD would do with Red Rock Valley, Midfield Raceway, Apricot Hill and Autumn Ring.

Last edited:
Back