Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
What were the drivers thinking?!? There were a yellow flag, what more a massive Touareg parked right there didn't they thought of slowing down? Or perhaps the engineers didn't tell the drivers to slow down?

From the looks of things, the driver - his name is Florian Herzog - just lost control. He was travelling at the same speed as everyone else, and the back end just stepped out.

They should all have slowed down even more because there were marshalls on the track and a safety vehicle parked there. Lucky he skidded onto the car and not the marshalls...

They were all travelling at the same speed. They saw no reason to slow down because that was the pace set by the safety car. Speed was not the cause of this crash - the loss of control was.

I didn't watch the whole race so I don't know whether they were led by a safety car or not but if there was, the safety car should slow down, bunch up the pack and as they went past the scene, speed up again. From the video at the 30th second, there were no safety car to control them.

Yes, he lost control of his car, obviously but if they weren't travelling fast that incident shouldn't have happened. I would blame the safety car for not controlling the pack well.

Driver intentionally goes across field to ram competitor.

This brings up the question of breaking the law in a sporting arena, in this case the racetrack.

Do that outside of a racetrack and you go to jail. And in my opinion you should still go to jail if you do it inside the racetrack. But in sports it appears the law doesnt apply. For example you have basketball players who throw sucker punches on the court and severely hurt another in a fit of rage, something that would have you thrown in jail outside of the court, but because it happened on the court the offending player is fined by the league and continues play.

Earth
This brings up the question of breaking the law in a sporting arena, in this case the racetrack.

Do that outside of a racetrack and you go to jail. And in my opinion you should still go to jail if you do it inside the racetrack. But in sports it appears the law doesnt apply. For example you have basketball players who throw sucker punches on the court and severely hurt another in a fit of rage, something that would have you thrown in jail outside of the court, but because it happened on the court the offending player is fined by the league and continues play.

It gets chalked up to a racing incident, when you sign in to the pits, you wave pretty much all of your rights of the law from the track, so no single person or the facility can be sued, however, discipline is dealt with by the series promoter or in the worst of cases, you are asked not to come back to the track again

It gets chalked up to a racing incident, when you sign in to the pits, you wave pretty much all of your rights of the law from the track, so no single person or the facility can be sued, however, discipline is dealt with by the series promoter or in the worst of cases, you are asked not to come back to the track again

Nothing a good lawyer couldn't overcome

Well, here it is, Toyota #8 vs Ferrari! Those damn Ferrari's!

Also the Delta-Wing Incident with #7

Last edited:
Love how all the videos posted in the iRacing forums somehow make their way to this topic. :lol:

I cringed when I saw that. Poor deer and poor car. :(

Also if you check carefully, there's one point where the deer's head was actually inside the car for a split second. :scared:

Good reaction from the driver to cover his eyes.

I wonder if the track is going to hire someone to sit in a tower with a hunting rifle from now on...

In the comments, He said he wasn't covering his eyes, just bracing for impact, and he got glass in his socks, eyes, and everywhere pretty much (not a direct quote).

When I am not under caution my visor never goes up, the most it's up is just a crack to let a little air through but still protects my face, however, I've never had a windshield, I just use a wire screen, and the only thing that stops is giant rubber shavings.

Back