My DC2 Integra replica cockpit build

• Thread starter ArcticDC5
  • 100 comments
Looks great...i guess once it's built it would be hard to shift it?
I made one that would fit thru my door way so i could take it with me
without having to dismantle it

Wow, I already have a fanbase waiting for the completion of this setup 👍

So here's the latest update. I picked up some used gauges and misc pieces to finish up the dashboard. I would love to make the gauges work with GT5, but that might be impossible.

I cut off the passenger side off the dashboard for a rough cut to see how the dremel with fiberglass cut off wheel performed - worked great and ran into some trouble with the large air duct running through the dash. I wanted to mount the dash to the setup this weekend, but my friend was not available to help me out. This is a 2 man job as one person has to hold stuff while the other measures, cuts wood and screws stuff into position. So hopefully within the next 2 weeks I can get it mounted...

I was able to test fit the pieces on to give me an idea of what I'll need for the structural support. 1x3 wood framing is what I have in mind & there's plenty of mounting points on the dash as well.

Here is a price breakdown of the Integra parts:
Seat - $30
Dashboard - $92
Radio - $20
Console - $50
Gauges/misc dash pieces - $40
Total - $232

Here is some new teaser pics...

testfit003.jpg

testfitcropped.jpg

Last edited:
Shifter looks like a pain in the arse to reach, it's probably because it's not even close to it's actual real brother. Anyways that is awesome, you have limitless capabilities with that front panel too. In the future if you ever get board you could even fit speakers in it just for kicks! A great project you've got going here, good luck putting the wheel in!

Shifter looks like a pain in the arse to reach, it's probably because it's not even close to it's actual real brother.

Has anyone ever made a long-throw mod to the Logitech shifter? Could make it closer to the location of the real shifter knob and make the throw more authentic? Of course the added leverage could have you accidentally breaking the internals...

What about adding like anit of wood to raise the shifter, glue it dow, cut space for the G27 shifter? Great build, looking forward to the outcome.

Has anyone ever made a long-throw mod to the Logitech shifter? Could make it closer to the location of the real shifter knob and make the throw more authentic? Of course the added leverage could have you accidentally breaking the internals...

Yep. A section of chromed tubing (from an old umbrella) slipped over the G25 lever and drilled through at two points (in the lower area concealed by the leather gaiter) and fixed with M3 bolts. Just don't drill the lower one too far down, as the lever has to be able to push down a little to get reverse 👍

Got it to the exact same position as in my real car's cockpit

2244570760103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

2419238650103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

That's a cool setup you got going there speedyK! You got better pics of it? Perhaps a build thread? I'd love to see more of it!

That's cool man! Thank's for sharing, looking forward to seeing your new build, I might be posting mine once I get going(already got the seat for it)...

Ok, found some time to get some more progress done. I was able to get the dash mounted myself without any help. I just connected it to the center console and then propped it up with some scrap wood while I measured and cut pieces for the supports.

Dash is now supported on its own
DashMounted001.jpg

I need to do a final trim on the cut off portion of the passenger side of the dash
DashMounted002.jpg

Support point on the right side. Tricky access - had to use a low profile screwdriver to get in there.
DashMounted003.jpg

Support point on the drivers side, even rests on top of the wood for extra strength.
DashMounted004.jpg

Support in the center at the dash clock opening
DashMounted006.jpg

DashMounted005.jpg

Pieced back together for an idea of how it'll look with the gauges, radio & lower dash trim installed.
DashMounted007.jpg

DashMounted008.jpg

Testing the fitment - reach is perfect with the seat all the way back
DashMounted009copy.jpg

Why I couldn't raise the logitech shifter - I'd have to really hack up the factory console and it'd look awful doing so. The lip of the console sits right on top of the adjuster knobs of the logitech shifter...
DashMounted010.jpg

Next steps are to make mounts for the inverted pedals and the steering wheel. Then it's a matter of making it pretty (paint/carpet, etc.)

Last edited:
Nice, too bad you can't use the actual stickshift to make it look original.

Last edited:
Man that's looking so awsome! Makes me want to reconsider my desing and do a nostalgia build like yours!
Keep the awsome work up man!!

Nice build, have you figured out how you are going to mount the wheel?
That shifter position looks much more comfortable.

Testing the fitment - reach is perfect with the seat all the way back
DashMounted009copy.jpg
Looking good. ;)

If that was me, I'd cover my face with the Laughing Man logo from Ghost in the Shell.:sly:

Excellent work and nice progress.

Will be interested to see how neatly you can intergrate the wheel

Had you maybe ever considered utilising a car stereo to power the speakers etc. Even buying car audio speakers and running it all off a car battery on trickle charge?

A little idea. Plug in the stereo through a DC converter and audio in from the TV so you can adjust the volume with the stereo! Of course you need to have some speakers aswell but if you put speakers high up on the back of the chair you dont need good once. Just look at the old F355 challenge simulators.

Pretty cool! You might want to consider modding the shifter to be taller. As in the shift lever being longer. Thats the only negative I see so far. As it is it's way too low.

Ok, some more progress.

I fabricated a custom "plate" to hold the steering wheel in place. I traced around the steering wheel while it was clamped to a piece of 3/4" plywood and then cut a long narrow strip so it would fit through the oem steering column opening.

How it looks without the steering wheel mounted. If you look close enough, there is (2) screws holding up the wood plate from inside the dash where the gauges would go.
SteeringWheelMounted001.jpg

Here's how the plate attaches to the base behind the dash. I will be adding another support like this underneath the speedometer. Both of these points will be used the pedal mount also.
SteeringWheelMounted002.jpg

Precision cuts for the angled plate
SteeringWheelMounted003.jpg

Here's how's it looks
SteeringWheelMounted004.jpg

Side view. You may think it's too high, but I engineered it so the bottom won't be in the way of your knees braking or using any other pedals. The top of the wheel is about in the same position as my DC5.
SteeringWheelMounted005.jpg

Getting close to completion structurally :dopey:
SteeringWheelMounted007copy.jpg

Why I couldn't raise the logitech shifter - I'd have to really hack up the factory console and it'd look awful doing so. The lip of the console sits right on top of the adjuster knobs of the logitech shifter...
DashMounted010.jpg
)

This can be solved!

Firstly, you don't need the adjuster knobs, as the shifter base has M6 threads to fix it with.

Secondly, if you cut the shifter unit in half, as I did with my G25 – after I summoned up all my courage (and checked the run of the wires) :D
2856608540103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

2319815050103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

you can raise the rear (lever) part a little and hide it under a bigger leather gaiter – and add a longer shaft for the lever
2244570760103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

then you could angle the front (button) section of the shifter unit how you liked to integrate it into the centre console nicely. It should be even easier with the G27 than with the G25, as I had to accommodate the sequential/H-shift selector too and you don't have that problem 👍
2986339250103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Back