My Encounter with Ralph Lauren and his Bugatti Veyron - July 16, 2007

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 127 comments
For a moment 20 people were here cause of the link in the GT Academy thread. lol

I believe that this thread was the reason that GTP recorded its highest ever visitor numbers, which peaked at 7,575 on Nov 19 2007 (at 8:32 PM)... the vast majority of them were looking at this thread.

I believe that this thread was the reason that GTP recorded its highest ever visitor numbers, which peaked at 7,575 on Nov 19 2007 (at 8:32 PM)... the vast majority of them were looking at this thread.

:scared: Wow! I must start searching for Veyrons now :lol:

Yup, I was there on that day, I always wonder what will ever top that GTP figure... :rolleyes:

challenge.jpg

That's correct. This thread was the most popular story on Digg.com that day (Digg was a lot more popular back then than it is today).

I remember reading this article a long time ago and I watched Doug for many years now but never put two and two together till I watched that video today :lol: It's crazy that it's actually Doug and he also was a regular member on gtplanet back in the day. How it's a small world in the online car world.

Also pretty crazy to think this article was responsible for bringing the highest traffic to gtplanet ever. Even back then Doug's star power was clear, even in writing form you could tell this guy was good at making fun narratives about cars. Not at all surprising that he managed to become one of the biggest car youtubers now.

Great to relive how gtplanet used to be back in the day too, lots of nostalgic names in this thread that definitely brings back memories :)

Last edited:
Back