My triple screen office rig: 46" 55" 46" Tv lift & Carbon fiber Dashboard + GS-4 Seat

• Thread starter HoiHman
  • 528 comments
Speed controlled air, pah!
You better add a heater for hot and a chiller for colder or snow based climates.

Next you need it to blow tyre smoke & road dust relevant to the game, produce burning rubber and oil smell when your smoking tyres or temps get high and finally during wet races it sprays a mist in your face.

Then Ill be impressed lol. :)

Last edited:
The AccuForce and Heusinkveld Pro pedals are a golden combination, no doubt about that. But they have no console compatibility and some games only support one device (Sebastien Loeb Rally & FH3 according to the rumors)
This is why i kept my CSWv2 and CSPv2 for racing on the consoles and for those PC titles that do not support the accuforce / HE pedals combination.

I made a "quick-release system" so i can easily change between pedalsets under a minute, with just 2 screws. The buttkickers are mounted to the botton base plate.

Y45NOqH.gif

Since the pedal section is under my desk, it's also comfortable to remove them entirely. Put a cushion there so i can put my feet up and watch some tv. :cool:

image.jpg

I also have the fexibility to choose between different shifters and mount or dismount the handbrake. Switching between them is easy, with just a couple of handscrews

cYUHaIu.gif

Nice work, again...

Not sure if it is any help or worth perusing for you friend.

Main Performance PC who used to make their own sim pedals had the ability for their pedals to work with consoles and Fanatec/Thrustmaster with their own unique main board.

As the pedals are now discontinued they have the mainboards available separate.
See

Not sure how hard it would be to adapt these to work with your own.

However with "Microsoft Play Anywhere" and Forza franchise now coming to the PC their is no reason to play on an Xbox of course we await the wheel support that HOR3 should have and if their are certain limitations.

The situation is possibly not good news for Fanatec with their XB1 wheel rim if all/general "PC compatible" wheels will now be playable on Forza/PC. Or will Microsoft still require an XB1 compatible wheel to still be used, if so many will be rather angry.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Rodney 👍,

That might be the board i'm looking for. It's obvious that if i can connect the HE-pedals to my CSWv2 or AccuForce , it will have my preference.

Here a quote from the simXperience forum regarding Forza Horizon 3
We have sent the Turn 10 team an AccuForce and have been communicating with them. They currently have a major limitation regarding the UDP as it can only support one peripheral. So the AccuForce will probably not work until they sort that out unless you plug in a set of pedals to the AccuForce control unit. If they output the data, I'm sure SimVibe and our motion will work no problem. We're hoping they do !

I have to honest about racing on the console though. Forza Horizon 2 is my favourite simcade racegame. Last night i tried the game for the first time, since i have the Oculus Rift. Eventhough i realy wanted to like it, racing in 2d simply doesn't immerse me anymore.

Would be great to see Hor3 work. Think that will look brill on a new HDR compatible big screen too.

Glad to see you still enjoying the VR you really have jumped onboard with it.
Also being creative as per usual regards your build.

Last edited:
Update:

The 980Ti has been replaced by a GTX 1080

I have printed a very important addition to my dashboard : A cupholder :lol:

The biggest new gadget is a DIY windsimulator using 2 highpower fans based on the speed of the car which really adds to the immersion when racing in VR

D6cVVDi.jpg

I never liked the yellow plastic cup in the cupholder. So i printed a new one, bigger and in black so it fits my rig better :lol:

8g7NC8y.jpg

The wiring of the windsimulator is finally finished, the arduino is mounted in the little black box behind my seat. Also the Fanatec CSS has made it's way back on to my rig, permantly this time.

It takes 3 plugs to power the entire seat section: 1x 220v, 1x USB and 1x simvibe connector.

IF6mtCa.jpg

I made a new lower cupboard my simvibe amps and glued a mousepad on top, which is really handy when sitting in the rig.

VRbxMyG.jpg

My new BMW rim, designed in sketchup and printed with my 3D printer. It's my first rim with 3d printed magnetic shifters.

image.jpg

Together with it's little brother

image.jpg

image.jpg

Magnetic shifters feel so great that i made an add-on for the Fanatec Formula rim

Last edited:
Since the release of the Mclaren 650S GT3 in R3E, i have been playing with the idea to also make a replica of the Mclaren steering wheel.

Some weeks ago i started from scratch, with just a screenshot taken in game:

From there on i competely designed and build the wheel myself, trying to make it as authentic as possible.

The biggest challenges were designing the handgrips and the recessed buttons. The wheel has a total of 5 different layers. It features 4 rotary encoders with pushbuttons, 2 toggle switches, 9 pushbuttons and magnetic shifters. The diameter is 295mm which makes it perfect for GT-racing. It fills the gap between the 270mm Fanatec Formula and the 315mm DTM rim.

Here's the final result:

Back