Name your 3 best game intro video's!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 42 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd thread but I would be great to see people's opinions on a usually overlooked suject...... :) 👍

Sometimes a great game needs a great introduction, Its what makes the game amazing before it has even started......it makes you gasp! :eek: :scared: and makes you want to play even more :crazy: , but you hold yourself back from pressing the skip button because it is just to captivating! :D .....you see all the game has to offer in one short tempting sequence........you can tell from what you see whether its gonna be one hell of a game or not! :sly: :yuck: Usually quite alot of work goes into an intro vid.....you would probably want to know what the GT4 one is going to look like :rolleyes: ....if Prologue is anything to go by its going to be amazing! 👍

If that was too poetic for you :lol: then here it is..........Intro vids (game sequences) are really a cool part of any game.....which ones really captivated you?.....which ones made you think the game was amazing.....its the first thing you see when you load it up........it counts alot!

Name your 3 best intro video's from any game, on any system....and say why its just sooo good!

If you can't think of 3 just put less, but I think that we could all think of some!

Here are 3 intro vids that really amazed me......(in no order)

Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo (the Japanese version) - this was the one with the skyline concept shooting suddenly though the dark stormy night.....its lights shoot down the track and then you see the amazing dashboard and Polypony Digital flashes across the screen!.....as the car shoots around the names of concept cars are printed across the screen...the rain pours off its bodywork as it drives through the night! If you never got to see it then you missed out......amazing vid!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - We all know this one don't we! Its just amazing....the lambo and ferarri blasting down winding roads with the cops chasing .....all to the sounds of the great ea trax.....and then the end bit when the lambo launches in the air.......then the pause with the 360 spin! Another great intro to go with a great game!

GTA 2 Suprising one you might say......but this one I really thought was cool! I feel the new "movie style" intro's for GTA are abit boring and too long....GTA 2's one was a real filmed one...with police, gangs and a guy driving a BMW! Great stuff......if there was ever a GTA movie then it should have looked like that one......great stuff!

So theres my 3......just put which ones you like the most out of any game....and maybe see if your choice is as great to other people as you think it is!

Robin :D

Ninja Gaiden

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Resident Evil Outbreak (damn that music is good, too bad the game wasnt)

Runner Ups:

Devil May Cry

DOA XBV :sly:

Many others I cant recall

medieval total war and winning eleven 7 have pretty cool intros

In 3rd Place: Final Fantasy IX - I never realised how powerful the PSOne was until I saw this intro.

In 2nd Place: GT4 Prologue - Polyphony Digital's uber-graphical skills.

In 1st Place: Monkey Island 2 (LeChuck's Revenge) - A great into with an amazingly addictive song that goes straight into one of the best games ever made (and I love those dancing monkeys :lol: ).

Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty:awesome intro
Final Fantasy X:awesome intro
Onimusha 3 Demon Siege:w00t
Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner:awesome intro

There are many more but those are just of the top of my head the best ones i've ever seen.

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VIII (PSX)
Homeworld (PC)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

Honorable mention goes to:

Tekken 2 (PSX)
Wing Commander IV (PSX, PC)
Gran Turismo (PSX)

Lemme see.

Gran Turismo (Japanese version)
Just kicks so much arse, nuff said.
Omega boost
This game was made by PD between GT1 and 2, it was err an on rails 3d shooter. But the intro was so damn awesome, it even some cheesy acting couldn't spoil it.
Final Fantasy VII
Like the game, the intro never ages for me. No matter how many times I play it i'm always impressed with it.

Honurable mentions go to most of the WE/PES games, mainly PES2 with Queens 'we will rock you'. Burnout 3, the American version of GT2 and Soul Edge.

(not in order)
1. Gran Turismo 2
2. Gran Turismo 3
3. Gran Turismo Concept: Tokyo-Geneva 2002
4. Gran Turismo 4: Prologue

Those are the only intro's i can think of at the moment so can't narrow it down to three.

MGS 2 sol
Hitman 2
Ace Combat 04 (moreso to sequences before starting the level, work of art)

EDIT
what am i thinking/!?!?!

not Hitman, but NFS:HP2

I need to stop growing my weed in the AC vents

GT3 (PAL version) - Great choice of song, FEEDER Just A Day, one of my alltime fav songs

Rugby League - again great choice of song (hoodoo gurus - thats my team) with great footy footage

Tony hawks 4 - once again great choice of song (ACDC - TNT) with kickarse pro skating

1. ONIMUSHA 3 The best game intro I have seen in my life!! Here is the intro of that game off of game trailors.com
Crank the surround sound volume!!
Onimusha 3 game intro
2. GT4P would be second on the list. WHen that WRX jumps the hill with the helicopter behind it just is amazing!
GT4P Intro

Oooh, I do love a good intro movie :P

Fallout 2 - reeealy atmospheric
Call of duty - you could pass it off as a ww2 memorial thingy
GT3 (PAL version) - when i first booted it up... it was true that screenshots did it no justice :)
Cannon fodder (amiga) - I love that tune :D

and there is one other i can't remember for some reason. bah :grumpy:

CAMAROBOY69
1. ONIMUSHA 3 The best game intro I have seen in my life!! Here is the intro of that game off of game trailors.com
Crank the surround sound volume!!
Onimusha 3 game intro
2. GT4P would be second on the list. WHen that WRX jumps the hill with the helicopter behind it just is amazing!
GT4P Intro

yeah I'd have to agree with you.

Their CG studio is freaking amazing.

Will.c
Cannon fodder (amiga) - I love that tune :D

Ahh, I have the .mod file for that on my pc allong with a few others.

DQuaN
It came from the desert II

I remember the first one, the game with all the big ants. Didn't know there was two of them.

Anyone remember Geoff Crammonds F1GP on the Amiga/PC now that had a killer intro.

The best I've seen so far as of 10-07-04:

#1-Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Vollyball
-> I know its funny, but I can help it!! I'm a anime chick fan! :sly: :dopey:

#2-Ridge Racer 4 (aka. R4) [JDM version]
-> First of all the cars look real (from a digital standpoint)!! I'm mean for a PSOne its amazing, and the chick is also hot. :P

#3-Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator (aka. GT1) [JDM version]
-> "Moon Over Castle" is simply amazing!! It gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. Back then, with all those Need for Speed hype, this is the first game that completely blew me away. :) 👍

Other notables:
-Need for Speed 2-> Before GT1, this was the best. The Cala and the XJ220 are really duking it out in real life (although it is on a controlled enviroment).

-Gran Turismo 2 [JDM version]-> The music is so mello-dramatic (an extended version of "Moon Over Castle"), and it showcasing those old races from the past.

:)

Soul Blade was probably my favorite of all time, but is severely dated now.
FFX's intro (playable first 10 minutes) was fantastic.
And Crazy Ivan's Intro was great. Nothing beats a russian in a giant mech singing a sister sledge song. :)

parasite eve's movie scenes were spectacular, especially the ones from the 2nd installment. One of my fave games on PS1. I must have completed it 12 times.

Back