Name your 3 best game intro video's!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 42 comments
A friend of mine had the 2nd parasite eve, and i remember just how impressive it looked for a ps1 game. the combat was pretty good too.
He never completed it though due to a lack of any attention span ;)

Solid Lifters
Gran Turismo 1
Gran Turismo 2
MGS2: SOL (It was in Dolby Digital Surround Sound!) :drool:

A bit off topic, but my favorite level intro wasnt even really a cutscene.

The silent cartographer, Halo.

Solid Lifters
Gran Turismo 1
Gran Turismo 2
MGS2: SOL (It was in Dolby Digital Surround Sound!) :drool:

A bit off topic, but my favorite level intro wasnt even really a cutscene.

The silent cartographer, Halo.

Riding in a dropship (dolby digital 5.1, in game) over the water and hot-dropping on a beach surrounded by gunfire, marines screaming, grenade explosions and taking it from there, rushing up the beach blasting aliens while your comrades are being torn apart. That is an intro.

edit: dirty double post.

Gran Turismo 3
Dead or Alive: Xtreme beach Volleyball ;)👍
Final Fantasy VIII

kinigitt
parasite eve's movie scenes were spectacular, especially the ones from the 2nd installment. One of my fave games on PS1. I must have completed it 12 times.

Did you complete it to the extent of reaching the Chrysler building and defeating the final boss? She was rock hard compared to the ultimate being on the navy boat. Definatly one of my all time fav games, didn't really get a chance to play the 2nd instalment. :(

demon of speed
Did you complete it to the extent of reaching the Chrysler building and defeating the final boss? She was rock hard compared to the ultimate being on the navy boat. Definatly one of my all time fav games, didn't really get a chance to play the 2nd instalment. :(

yeah that boss was freakin nuts.

I remember a special mode after you beat the game where you just run from one floor to the next (in the chrysler building) clearing out mutants to get points.

The second one was really good, it took the battles to an action game level, and the graphics were sweet (still backgrounds like RE).

The CG from Square, as always, was amazing. Especially the one where Aya takes a shower then this huge monster with a flamethrower in it's mouth comes knocking on her door.

kinigitt
yeah that boss was freakin nuts.

I remember a special mode after you beat the game where you just run from one floor to the next (in the chrysler building) clearing out mutants to get points.

The second one was really good, it took the battles to an action game level, and the graphics were sweet (still backgrounds like RE).

The CG from Square, as always, was amazing. Especially the one where Aya takes a shower then this huge monster with a flamethrower in it's mouth comes knocking on her door.

I remember completing the first level where you have to kill someone who resembles a member of a Swat team. It did impress but my copy was a copy and the second mission would'nt load :grumpy: I'll see if I can get it cheap on E-bay 👍

demon of speed
I remember completing the first level where you have to kill someone who resembles a member of a Swat team. It did impress but my copy was a copy and the second mission would'nt load :grumpy: I'll see if I can get it cheap on E-bay 👍

got mine in a bargain bin for 5 bucks. It's a double disk game too.

1. Onimusha 3. Its like a freaking Hollywood "A" movie but even better because it has a ninja and swordplay. That 5 minute intro makes Final Fantasy the movie look like a tyke who forgot to get a new pair of diapers.

2. Kaido Battle 2. Oh god, when I first saw that intro I wanted to jump out of my chair and go driving in the mountains RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. The music and the mountains, and the racing... ah! its just so beautiful.

3. Starcraft: Brood War. Every cutscene in that game (and Starcraft) was delicious. I'm kind of a sucker for sci-fi but the CG scenes in this game makes me tingle in all the good places.

1. Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
(Hollywood could only do better and thats the bottom line)

2. Gran Turismo (Japanese Intro)
(When I bought this game I honestly didnt know what to expect then the Japanese intro came and it boosted me up for some intense racing the intro was just jaw droppng)

3. Soul Edge
(This intro had come just after tekken 2's great intro and it also performed to be top draw when I watched it seeing each characters history with a fury of fight scenes and od oriental music just made it (possibly) the best beat'em up intro ever)

Back