NBA 2K Games

• Thread starter MoLiEG
  • 13 comments
Mexico
Mexico City
MoLieG
Hello guys! :)

Just a quick question, are the NBA 2K games any good????

I was wondering because I might pick the 2011 game on a bargain, and I haven't played a Basketball game in my life.

nba2k11-jordan2.jpg

Many thanks! :)

I still have 2k11. If you are a Michael Jordan fan its a must get. You can play out all his greatest moments from his career.

Overall its a pretty decent game. Yes it has its flaws but better than any EA basketball game and better than 2k12 was imo.

Thanks! Yes, that's pretty much the only reason I want the game.

Also, that was a question I forgot to include in the 1st post. How good are the EA Basketball games???? :confused:

Thanks! Yes, that's pretty much the only reason I want the game.

Also, that was a question I forgot to include in the 1st post. How good are the EA Basketball games???? :confused:
played both, sold ea.
absolutely not a patch on nba 2k games. 2k wins in graphics, sound, depth, realism the lot. get it, you wont be dissapointed

Here's my review for NBA2K15. tl;dr: It's terrible.

This is the worst ****ing game ever. Multiplayer is a joke. There are never enough people online to get anything going. It's a complete ghost town (maybe 2-3 players total) except for friday evenings, but then you can never get a spot on a team and you're sitting there with your incomplete team waiting for 5 years for more people to come. And then you have to wait for opponents.

No. **** that ****. This is like the game equivalent of the South Park "Line Ride".

Single player is decent until you get tired of doing the same thing against dumb AI. Then you crank up the difficulty and have to suffer from suddenly-retarded teammate AI. Or scripted gameplay where star opponents play like they have telekinetic powers. Sadly, you can't use The Force to combat this.

2k14 was actually fun as an arcade game. This just plays like a slower version with dumber teammates. The only good thing is perhaps getting 5 rebounds in a single possession after your player struggles to put up a layup from under the basket with an 80+ rating. Double doubles are a cakewalk.

So, yes, this game is extremely frustrating at worst, and at best it's repetitive and mind-numbing. They should really abolish the whole park affiliation thing for PC players. That would at least help the online play redeem the game a little bit.

And as far as all the other modes besides MyCareer and MyPark? Forget it. NOBODY plays the other modes.

Here's my review for NBA2K15. tl;dr: It's terrible.

This is the worst ****ing game ever. Multiplayer is a joke. There are never enough people online to get anything going. It's a complete ghost town (maybe 2-3 players total) except for friday evenings, but then you can never get a spot on a team and you're sitting there with your incomplete team waiting for 5 years for more people to come. And then you have to wait for opponents.

No. **** that ****. This is like the game equivalent of the South Park "Line Ride".

Single player is decent until you get tired of doing the same thing against dumb AI. Then you crank up the difficulty and have to suffer from suddenly-retarded teammate AI. Or scripted gameplay where star opponents play like they have telekinetic powers. Sadly, you can't use The Force to combat this.

2k14 was actually fun as an arcade game. This just plays like a slower version with dumber teammates. The only good thing is perhaps getting 5 rebounds in a single possession after your player struggles to put up a layup from under the basket with an 80+ rating. Double doubles are a cakewalk.

So, yes, this game is extremely frustrating at worst, and at best it's repetitive and mind-numbing. They should really abolish the whole park affiliation thing for PC players. That would at least help the online play redeem the game a little bit.

And as far as all the other modes besides MyCareer and MyPark? Forget it. NOBODY plays the other modes.
the park and Jordan center are always packed on the ps4. The problem is the stupid rival thing where you can only play with people from the park you picked.

Jordan center is a blast when you get a team together but the rivalry system makes it near impossible. Hopefully they make it so you can play with anyone.

I do have 4 friends with the game now and a 5th will soon. That'll make the Jordan center much easier to play in but it'll still be hit or miss if we can get enough people from the same park to play against.

2k always had great ideas and find a way to completely ruin it. It amazes me every year how they ruin their online aspects of the game.

And no online multiplayer franchise mode is mind blowing. How could they not add that. Playing against a group of friends through multiple seasons is the best thing you can do in a sports game.

I got it on PS3 and hate it, played it twice and won't play it again. The PS3 version is a rehashed version of 2K12 through 2K14 (really, even the speech dialogue is the same). The control system is finicky which makes it hard to do what you want to as well. Terrible. Game.

PS4. great game.most realistic sports game graphics that ive seen in a game. very immersive. gameplay is more realistic.controls are harder but they are much better than previous games, lots more depth. more to do. if only ea sports went to these lengths to produce fifa. well done 2k. best basketball game ever made

As one who tries to enjoy games with full-on career modes, though admittedly awful at everything in existence, I played 2K12. While the gameplay itself would be good to great, in the Superstar mode different things bring it down. Firstly, and no game has done this right yet, the practice drills are nominal at best and it doesn't matter what team you are on because you are never taught anything, such as plays and protections. In a game you have a grading system that takes input from your actions and the AI's, meaning they pull a knucklehead move and if you touched the ball within 20 seconds you loose ground. That said, the post-game interview BS is on my personal 'list of distain' in league with crowbarred-in love story. In order for the fans not to hate you, you have to be a T-total 🤬.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The menu system can be enough of a irritant to thro you out of the game very quickly.

I have 2K19 and is a great game. I am waiting though for next generation for smoother animations and players not gliding on the floor.

Currently playing MyCareer where after you start in China (with Chinese commentary and all!) you go back to America first in the G League and then at last to the NBA.

Here is my player, a rookie playing for the Pelicans.
64225610_10219383462554950_2160656669179117568_o.jpg

62310755_10219383484875508_4936819827328155648_o.jpg

62585422_10219383472195191_1253420947604504576_o.jpg

At last today I finally reached level 80. :cheers:

Just got 2K20, great game, having fun with 90s greatest against 10s greatest:

Here Jordan posterizing Lebron.

Last edited:
The game would feature of what could probably be the two best teams in a crosstown rivalry now.

I know this might be a bizarre question to ask for some but how do you get access to some classic rosters added like the 11' Bulls and 12' Knicks in 2K18? I've recently bought a used CD for my PS3 and I believe it was the last 2K game to be released for the said console.

When I played the game to see if the mentioned rosters are there, they weren't present. So do I have to unlock them by playing or do I have to download them online? Thanks in advance for those who can help me out.

Back