New GT7 fansite to find events for a given car and more.

• Thread starter gtplus
  • 55 comments
This is flat-out incredible stuff. The UI is very smooth. It sure beats the mish-mash of Excel spreadsheets I had been using!
There aren't many questions that the site can't answer.
Excellent, excellent job.

One question/recommendation. Have you considered creating a "randomizer" - e.g., a function that picks a random car/track/event combination? To help those who are bored and want to try different cars and races - but have trouble deciding.

Maybe one that selects a random car and a random track (for custom/Sophy races)?
Another that selects a random event and a random car suggested for that event?

Thanks! The event doesn't show up because of the PP restriction. I could easily add an option that would apply a "tunable PP range" within some percentage (e.g. PP +/- 20%) and show events that are inside that range. However, I have to keep in mind that the UI shouldn't be too overwhelming.
The actual tunable PP for each car would be awesome, but I have no idea how to get that data. If you have any ideas, let me know.
Unfortunately, not a clue. It might be within the depths of these forums somewhere, but I'm unsure.

Just had another look at your site and spotted another filter needed - currently if you choose the Neo Classic race it shows any race car, but the regs state 1980-1999 only. Is there a way to add a filter to exclude cars by year?

The actual tunable PP for each car would be awesome, but I have no idea how to get that data. If you have any ideas, let me know.
That would be really difficult to make a list of, as there are just so many ... bugs ... flaws ... not understood interactions ... in the PP system to really provide a table of
max
min
as in some (or many) cases just using the sliders on aero and weight already creates irregular changes up and down.

Some "World Rally Challenge" events don't have the Gr.B regulation, that's why they show up.
You are right, the "European FR Challenge 550" events have a road car restriction.
However, they don't have car category (Gr.1, ...) restrictions and are therefore not filtered out by the Gr.1 filter.
Of course, there is always the possibility that some data is incorrect or has changed. I will try my best to keep it up-to-date.

I appreciate all of your input, positive reactions and feedback!
Right, okay. It feels a bit misleading to have the road car events pop up when selecting a Gr 1 category. I know they aren't technically listed on the game itself but those restrictions do still apply. Maybe having Road Car, Professionally Tuned, and Race Car as categories makes sense? Just some thoughts!

This is flat-out incredible stuff. The UI is very smooth. It sure beats the mish-mash of Excel spreadsheets I had been using!

One question/recommendation. Have you considered creating a "randomizer" - e.g., a function that picks a random car/track/event combination? To help those who are bored and want to try different cars and races - but have trouble deciding.

Maybe one that selects a random car and a random track (for custom/Sophy races)?
That's an awesome idea! Will definitely put this on my roadmap.
Unfortunately, not a clue. It might be within the depths of these forums somewhere, but I'm unsure.

Just had another look at your site and spotted another filter needed - currently if you choose the Neo Classic race it shows any race car, but the regs state 1980-1999 only. Is there a way to add a filter to exclude cars by year?
A lot of cars don't have a construction year in the game, could this be the problem here? I will look into it, thanks.
Right, okay. It feels a bit misleading to have the road car events pop up when selecting a Gr 1 category. I know they aren't technically listed on the game itself but those restrictions do still apply. Maybe having Road Car, Professionally Tuned, and Race Car as categories makes sense? Just some thoughts!
There is a separate "car type" filter for that in the "Regulations" section in the filters sidebar. But I will think of something if it doesn't feel intuitive.

There is a separate "car type" filter for that in the "Regulations" section in the filters sidebar. But I will think of something if it doesn't feel intuitive.
Yeah, gotcha. I see it now! Something feels either a bit repetitive with the overarching categories being at the top left and in the regulations section. I don't see why you'd have that section on the top left if the regulations section is a much more specified search anyways. If I click GR.2 under the regulations section as the only filtered option, no events pop up. But if i click it on the top left header then events that these cars cannot enter pop up.

Wow this is very well done.

May I ask what tech, programming languages, database and so on did you use to build the site ?

Repeat my suggestion, in the other post, maybe explain me very bad, sorry for my english.

___

My idea was that on the web we will find all the garage items and we can mark which ones we care about and which ones we don't, so we can know which garage items we are suitable for collecting.

Yeah, gotcha. I see it now! Something feels either a bit repetitive with the overarching categories being at the top left and in the regulations section. I don't see why you'd have that section on the top left if the regulations section is a much more specified search anyways. If I click GR.2 under the regulations section as the only filtered option, no events pop up. But if i click it on the top left header then events that these cars cannot enter pop up.
I think you are right. I've added suggested car categories for each event and revised the car category filter: the selected category now filters events by the suggested categories. (it is still possible to filter by a regulated category or show all allowed events for categories with a new options menu right beside it)
I hope this improves the car category filter. Thank you for your help!
Wow this is very well done.

May I ask what tech, programming languages, database and so on did you use to build the site ?
Thanks! I'm programming the website in TypeScript using the React framework Next.js. The components are based on shadcn, which makes sense when you use Tailwind for styling. I can really recommend this tech stack for a project like gtplus. It's working quite well for me.
My idea was that on the web we will find all the garage items and we can mark which ones we care about and which ones we don't, so we can know which garage items we are suitable for collecting.
You can rate cars you want to buy with a "W" for "Wanted". I could add another rating like "N" for "Not interested" and implement filters to hide these cars.
I think this could be a useful addition. What do you think of this solution?

I think you are right. I've added suggested car categories for each event and revised the car category filter: the selected category now filters events by the suggested categories. (it is still possible to filter by a regulated category or show all allowed events for categories with a new options menu right beside it)
Much more intuitive and therefore less confusing. Nice work @gtplus !

Thanks! I'm programming the website in TypeScript using the React framework Next.js. The components are based on shadcn, which makes sense when you use Tailwind for styling. I can really recommend this tech stack for a project like gtplus. It's working quite well for me.

You can rate cars you want to buy with a "W" for "Wanted". I could add another rating like "N" for "Not interested" and implement filters to hide these cars.
I think this could be a useful addition. What do you think of this solution?

My idea in that regard would be to put a page with the 494 cars in the game and when you mark the one you have in the garage it turns colored, and if you don't have it it stays shaded, just like in the game. I think it is more intuitive and visual.

Hi, I like your site. It gives me a good overview of the Game with all its events and cars.
I would really much appreciate, if it would be usable as an individual database.
A possibility to add used cars with its finish times to an event, would be cool. So i can see with how many PP i was already able to finish an event. And I would be able to view my personal best times for an event.

Hi @gtplus great stuff with your site, clean, quick and rich of info.

I'm trying to determine how much mnoney I still need to get the full car park, at least ballpark.

I saw this on your page
1711646833917.png

May I ask what is the meaning?
You gathered data for 500 cars and their cost is 543.9M?
That would make an average car cost of 1.xM, which looks a bit high to me (not that I have real data on hands).

Thanks

zjn
Hi @gtplus great stuff with your site, clean, quick and rich of info.

I'm trying to determine how much mnoney I still need to get the full car park, at least ballpark.

I saw this on your page
View attachment 1341069

That would make an average car cost of 1.xM, which looks a bit high to me (not that I have real data on hands).

Thanks
That is (unfortunately) an accurate figure. If you look at the stickied thread, people previously estimated $489M for 454 cars ($1.07M average).

The 83 legendary cars total up to $345.5M and the 13 most expensive legendary cars are $212M. In other words, the GT7 car prices are quite top heavy. The standard brand central and used cars average about $475,000.

The total will fluctuate a little over time as the legendary cars change in price but ~$550M is a reasonable estimate

Last edited:

cough Maybe this will help ;)

I have just updated the github because of this, I know it currently isn't accessible on mobile so is a bit limiting, but hopefully it is helpful!

@gtplus feel free to nab any of the data or any of the program itself if you want to implement it in any way. I have no idea about python execution/implimentation into a webpage but feel free to grab and use any of the code that might be useful to you! Your website is awesome by the way.

Last edited:
That is (unfortunately) an accurate figure. If you look at the stickied thread, people previously estimated $489M for 454 cars ($1.07M average).

The 83 legendary cars total up to $345.5M and the 13 most expensive legendary cars are $212M. In other words, the GT7 car prices are quite top heavy. The standard brand central and used cars average about $475,000.

The total will fluctuate a little over time as the legendary cars change in price but ~$550M is a reasonable estimate
Wow, thanks
Still lot of tt to go then

zjn
The "Sum New" is the total price of all cars if they were purchased new from Brand Central instead of used (if possible).
As @Niko-H said, the numbers should (unfortunately) be somewhat correct. The price of used and legend cars may vary and there is always a possibility that some prices are out of date. But I try to keep up with the changes. If you notice any mistakes, please do not hesitate to point them out.
cough Maybe this will help ;)

I have just updated the github because of this, I know it currently isn't accessible on mobile so is a bit limiting, but hopefully it is helpful!

@gtplus feel free to nab any of the data or any of the program itself if you want to implement it in any way. I have no idea about python execution/implimentation into a webpage but feel free to grab and use any of the code that might be useful to you! Your website is awesome by the way.
Thank you so much! I'll definitely check it out. I'm actually working on a similar feature at the moment as I wasn't aware of your application. Very nice touch to allow custom events!
Looks like the three events from Update 1.43 are missing.
Thank you for pointing out the missing events from the last update! I have added them. I'm not sure how I missed them, it's not like GT7 is flooded with new events...

Thanks, you car csv was spot on :cheers:
The "Sum New" is the total price of all cars if they were purchased new from Brand Central instead of used (if possible).
As @Niko-H said, the numbers should (unfortunately) be somewhat correct. The price of used and legend cars may vary and there is always a possibility that some prices are out of date. But I try to keep up with the changes. If you notice any mistakes, please do not hesitate to point them out.
It was not my intention to imply some error in data. I was caught by suprire from the car number (500 looked a too round number, but indeed it's the exact number of cars we have right now), so I was thiking that you cut out the cheap side of the cars to do to the calculation.

I played a bit with the csv and found out that exactly was expected (by anyone aware, which was not definetly me 😅)

1711707527920.png

1711707557735.png

or, more in short, 30 cars alone average 9.086.333, the remaining 470 average 528.065

@Niko-H Just wanted to let you know that I added a race roulette feature to pick a random car/event/track combination, if you are still interested. The selected car should always be suitable for the event regarding restrictions and PP.

@Niko-H Just wanted to let you know that I added a race roulette feature to pick a random car/event/track combination, if you are still interested. The selected car should always be suitable for the event regarding restrictions and PP.
Very very cool and well done! I took it for a spin just now. It spit out some awesome combinations and a few certifiably wild ones - and that's exactly how you want it to work. I like the Gr. filters as well - when you have 50 different Gr.3 cars sometimes it's just overwhelming to pick one.

Would you be able to make a Shuffle Race feature, based on how it worked in GT5?

For instance being able to choose a PP interval (for instance 510-535), and then randomize the cars to be used for a lobby.

Maybe even with a feature that works for multiple races, such that for race 2, the loser of race 1 gets the best PP rated car and the winner gets the worst. It could perhaps work with putting in how many people are racing in the lobby.

Other features for the randomizer could be drivetrain, brand central vs used or year of production - the more the better, I suppose.

It would be a really cool feature to be used in the league racing I'm part of, since GT7 unfortunately does not have it.

Hope it makes sense.

Would you be able to make a Shuffle Race feature, based on how it worked in GT5?

For instance being able to choose a PP interval (for instance 510-535), and then randomize the cars to be used for a lobby.

Maybe even with a feature that works for multiple races, such that for race 2, the loser of race 1 gets the best PP rated car and the winner gets the worst. It could perhaps work with putting in how many people are racing in the lobby.

Other features for the randomizer could be drivetrain, brand central vs used or year of production - the more the better, I suppose.

It would be a really cool feature to be used in the league racing I'm part of, since GT7 unfortunately does not have it.

Hope it makes sense.
You can already select a few different filters for events and cars by using the customization on the race roulette page (estimated time, drivetrain, year of construction, etc.). I added a filter to choose a PP range as well.
And you can now lock the randomly chosen track, event and/or car if you are happy with it.

Your suggestion to generate random lobbies or even something like randomized online championships would be really cool. I will add this to my roadmap!
But I'm not sure when I'll be able to implement this as it's a pretty big feature.

Thank you for your feedback!

Latest Posts

Back